Tesla Weapons and Heroic Veterancy

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ascendancy

Needled 24/7

• 1293 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 23:22

Hey guys.

First of all sure has been a while since I've been here. I'm sure I still have plenty to look at, but I might just explain where I've been and what I've done since the last time I appeared at FS in another topic...

Anyway down to business. I've been having some trouble figuring out how to get the Tesla Tank (and Tesla Coil) to fire heroic Tesla bolts when promoted to Heroic veterancy. I've searched all over the place for some update, and the StatusBitsUpgrade saying the weapon has the status "WEAPON_UPGRADED_01" apparently has nothing to do with updating to fire Heroic bolts, or I haven't looked deep enough in the code to find out where these are stored.

Any help would be appreciated, I just wanna make it so that Tesla Tanks and Coils get to fire the bluish-red bolts when they achieve Heroic status, that's all.

Ascendancy
Posted Image
Thanks to that awesome signature maker, Cattman2236.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:54

WEAPON_UPGRADED_01 is usually used for weapon upgrades (Such as the Railgun for the Mammoth in CnC3).

IIRC WEAPON_UPGRADED_03 is normally used for Veterancy. In RA3 and CnC3, units have a "VeterancyUpgrade" Module, don't quote me on the name, never cared for it, which gives a unit a status, normally WEAPON_UPGRADED_03, which then on the weapon is used to change the damage it does.

#3 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:39

You have to set a proper FireVeteranFX on the weapon. For example

FireVeteranFX="FX_TeslaBoatFire_Vet"
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users