Brink

106 replies to this topic

#101 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:16

From what I'm hearing the gameplay is very fluid and easy to jump into, but not easily mastered like you would come to expect from a game where that is said. The wide range of what you can customize to your every need and personal preference is refreshing, and the perk system is different from most games in that they aren't just for one class, and more than a few are for general gameplay instead of a simple upgrade.

Oh yeah, and jumping around as a light class and sabotaging the other team is very fun.

Unfortunately for me, I'm short on cash as usual, so I'm stuck between either this or Portal 2. It's going to be a very hard decision.

Edited by Hobbesy, 11 May 2011 - 01:18.

#102 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:40

Reviews are out.

IGN gave it a 6.0, other's have been slightly nicer, but average on Metacritic is 7.2 I think.

General complaints are:

Repetition.
Lack of distinguishing between classes.
Many good ideas, but poorly implemented.

Edited by SquigPie, 11 May 2011 - 08:41.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#103 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 11 May 2011 - 17:35

A 6? Damn thats not good for them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 17:51

GT gave it an 8. Although that felt fairly unconvincing to me, based on their review video |8

#105 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:03

I think the game needs some time to patch out some of its flaws. Most of the flaws lay more with things that can be fixed with some good ol' patching.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#106 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:34

I've preordered the game some time ago but I was really looking forward playing it today but ffs because I was in a carcrash about a week ago I can't be at home playing |8 really hoping the game will be as good as I've hoped. Maybe I get lucky and I'll be able to play it in a few days... I hope... Any personal experiences so far?

Ok So after a REALLY quick test, I have to say I like it. Gonna take some time to get used to it, but the gameplay is nice and fast and it reminds me of good old W:ET. Really looking forward to getting some real gametime clocked and learning all the maps and getting my rank abit higher.

Edited by Wanderer, 16 May 2011 - 19:01.

#107 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 19:27

A long video but a good review.

Edited by Wanderer, 16 May 2011 - 19:28.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users