HTML/CSS Mysteries

No replies to this topic

#1 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 18:20

I am making a chrome plugin that adds a panel to this forum, next to the fast reply box full of custom smileys. I have to annoying 'bugs' that no matter what I try I can't get rid of.

1. A gap at the start of a div (with class row2) appears, that gets larger depending on the amount of content in the div. The div contains one/two tables. I have altered the padding and margin of the div, I have tried setting the vertical-align to top. I have set the margin of the tables to 0px. I have checked, and AFAICT there is no other content in the div, however because the html is generated by HTML, I can't check the final (generated) source.

2. An invisible border is appearing on the two tables in the above div (link). I have set cellpadding, cellspacing and border all to 0 on the tables, I have also set the style border to '0px none'. On each td I have set the styles; border to '0px none' and margin to 0px.

Anyone got any theories to what is causing these errors?

While I'm at it, I am trying to use thead, tfoot and tbody for the first time... I've never really seen the need for them, but I am trying to make a table with a fixed header, but be able to scroll the tbody... without much success. Anyone done this before, got any suggestions for how this works? It only needs to work in chrome, but of course it would be better if it worked in all major browsers in case I want to use something similar in the near future.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users