A modest discussion of the temporal physical and mathematical possibilities of Statistical Thermodynamics compared to The Copenhagen Interpretation

34 replies to this topic

#1 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:53

Topic title says it all.

Discuss.

Edited by SquigPie, 10 March 2010 - 08:55.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#2 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:01

Boobs.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#3 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:17

But the entropy and Maxwell's demon...
Posted Image

#4 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:54

WHAT.THE.FUCK?!

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#5 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:56

Lamb chops any one?

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#6 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 17:30

Schrodinger's Sheep sounds nice, but the Lion will come and make them all into atomically unstable elements and the ghosts of the sheep will bug me =/
Posted Image

#7 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 10 March 2010 - 17:34

Well, where to start on such an open ended discussion, I fear it may be too open ended

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 10 March 2010 - 17:38

Classical thermodynamics cannot be applied on a quantum scale :duh:

/discussion
Posted Image

#9 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 18:06

It is always possible, it applies on the theory of an animal, rather than specifically a cat.

/discussion.
For there can be no death without life.

#10 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 18:10

Catapults don't use cats at all!

/discussion
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#11 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 10 March 2010 - 18:19

Toast.

/discussion
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#12 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 10 March 2010 - 18:21

Posted Image
/Thread

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#13 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 20:49

Well, if there both were a cat, a dog, and a mouse inside the box, what would happen? would the poison kill them all three, would the cat kill the mouse and the dog kill the cat? or would the mouse somehow mutate due to the poison and kill both the dog and cat, then break out and start eating people? Would they make a movie about the mutant mouse? Would Eddie Murphy star? Would this somehow kick new life in Eddie Murphy's career, would Eddie Murphy then, in happiness of his renewed purpose here in life, in a drunken haze of marijuana, cocain, vodka, and coolant drive over some poor sod named Steven McKinsey, would somebody make a movie about Steven McKinsey's life? would Chuck Norris star? Would Chuck Norris carebear stare down a grizzly bear down a stair?.....
Ahhh, quantumn mechanics! How it brings me back!

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#14 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 00:10

All arguments presented in this discussion are invalid, since the chance of them being true is x divided by infinity equals zero so everything ever is impossible :duh: .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 00:20

Posted Image
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#16 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 02:54

But the theory of randomness and possibilities equate that all possibilities have a 0.0000000000000000000000000....001% chance of happening...no matter how ridiculous or what.
Posted Image

#17 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:02

View PostSquigPie, on 10 Mar 2010, 20:49, said:

Well, if there both were a cat, a dog, and a mouse inside the box, what would happen? would the poison kill them all three, would the cat kill the mouse and the dog kill the cat? or would the mouse somehow mutate due to the poison and kill both the dog and cat, then break out and start eating people? Would they make a movie about the mutant mouse? Would Eddie Murphy star? Would this somehow kick new life in Eddie Murphy's career, would Eddie Murphy then, in happiness of his renewed purpose here in life, in a drunken haze of marijuana, cocain, vodka, and coolant drive over some poor sod named Steven McKinsey, would somebody make a movie about Steven McKinsey's life? would Chuck Norris star? Would Chuck Norris carebear stare down a grizzly bear down a stair?.....
Ahhh, quantumn mechanics! How it brings me back!

AKA the butterfly effect...
For there can be no death without life.

#18 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:11

Don't forget about causality!
Posted Image

#19 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:05

I LIKE TURTLES
Posted Image

#20 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:08

What if the butterfly was a....
Posted Image
What!?! were did that Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann come from? it must've taken some kind of tactical geniu....CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!

Edited by SquigPie, 11 March 2010 - 07:10.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#21 SonicBoom

Scyrge

• Member Test
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:25

I'm not sure I understand.

#22 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:54

Youth these days, doesn't even understand the most basic of common knowledge! :duh:

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#23 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:09

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts