OpenTTD 1.0, here at last

4 replies to this topic

#1 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 19:49

Long awaited, a classic game returns better than ever!

Read the article!

Edited by CodeCat, 04 April 2010 - 19:51.

CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#2 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:40

I was rather glad you let me know about this!! I loved this game when it came out and totally forgot about its existence until the other day. I've been playing the damn thing non-stop since :duh:

I wish they had included the alien landscape as well though. I can't be doing with the bubble land, that's just weird.

Edit: I should point out that I am still trying to get my head around the bloody signal system. It's considerably more complicated than the version of TT I used to play :duh:

Edited by Wizard, 06 April 2010 - 10:42.

#3 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 06 April 2010 - 13:36

Edit: I should point out that I am still trying to get my head around the bloody signal system. It's considerably more complicated than the version of TT I used to play :duh:

I agree, the new system sux, the old one was good :duh:
And now i remember old days playing this game for long time....
Good times.

Edited by Drag#!, 06 April 2010 - 13:37.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 13:39

Actually it's better imo than the last one as it allows you to do more with your trains, even if you have to learn a completely new system. I have found a pretty decent explanation of the new system here that should help. :duh:

#5 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 22:19

I rarely need any signal type other than two-directional path signals. They're really the bread and butter of the new game.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users