Simcity 4 ( Warning, big images)

441 replies to this topic

#26 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:10

Nice region shot, I tend to go for superdense skyscraper forests, which plays havoc with commute time, I may try a lower density approach in the future. Your region certainly looks nicer than my original did - Back in 2003, 25million population.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:32

Dude, that is insane |8
Also, this NAM mod, does it work for Rush Hour too?
Edit: nevermind, I notice it contains Rush Hour stuff, so I assume it does |8
Edit 2: seems the link doesn't work. Someone has a link where the download does start?

Edited by Dutchygamer, 11 April 2010 - 11:39.

Posted Image

#28 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:47

http://www.simtropol...ls.cfm?id=21355

You need to register to download it, but tbh, if anyone is going to get into simcity again you may as well register, so much custom content available.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 23:07

I have the Deluxe Edition, and is trying to use the official site's exchange to DL items; however, it only works on IE, and even lamer is that I can't seem to find any file I downloaded anywhere on this computer, yet it keeps saying "Download Success". Any ideas?

#30 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 23:49

View PostAdmiral FCS, on 13 Apr 2010, 0:07, said:

I have the Deluxe Edition, and is trying to use the official site's exchange to DL items; however, it only works on IE, and even lamer is that I can't seem to find any file I downloaded anywhere on this computer, yet it keeps saying "Download Success". Any ideas?

I had similar problems with the EA simcity site, thats why I use simtropolis / sc4 devotion.

Anyway, updated region shot :D - Main city now has 1.4million and 800k commerce 8| - And it can only get bigger, still a bit of space for me to play with 8|

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:34

What kind of cheats do you use? :D

#32 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:10

View PostKris, on 13 Apr 2010, 3:34, said:

What kind of cheats do you use? :D

The only thing that I use that can be considered a "cheat" is the industry quadrupler. Which just saves alot of space.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:10

Aren't you supposed to be studying :D

Nice cities though

#34 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:50

Got it working (after finding out that Windows Areo loves to fuck around with SimCity4 for some reason), and I really like it. Cheers for giving the link to this guys :D
Posted Image

#35 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 18:18

View PostDutchygamer, on 13 Apr 2010, 11:50, said:

Got it working (after finding out that Windows Areo loves to fuck around with SimCity4 for some reason), and I really like it. Cheers for giving the link to this guys 8|

Glad you like it, its nice to play something complex in a world full of dumbed down casual ezmode games :D

Aren't you supposed to be studying tounge.gif

Nice cities though

I am studying 8| - Once the ball is rolling its very easy to build massive cities in SC4, the hard part is getting it all running properly. I often zone huge zones, because they demand it - We're talking 100k-200k population each time. I also supply jobs and the needed infrastructure, the problem is often these areas are subject to waves of population - Often abandoning due to commute time, but then filling back up because the demand is there. Fixing the population wave is the hard part in densely packed cities such as mine. Money is no object, taxes are low and i'm still making 20k per month.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 13 April 2010 - 18:21.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 13 April 2010 - 20:52

I'm trying to figure out a way to get this running in WINE on Ubuntu.
Posted Image

#37 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 22:05

Oh...Good 'n old times...i played this game when i was youger...Jeez...i always had bankrupt :sly:

I have lost the CD...ah...makes me want to play it again...**searches for Sin City Societies.**
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#38 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 22:08

Simcity Societies is a piece of shit.

Posted Image

#39 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 22:16

Alias, don't just jump in with a single, opinion only post. Try and at least be constructively critical.

#40 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 22:18

I liked Societies DEMO, it has a way better gameplay tham Sin City 4 and it's much more realistic. The Cars just don't vaninsh....and the civilians are smarter. Also Industries and Stores really work as stores...not like *static building that makes polution and pay taxes*.
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#41 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 22:32

View PostWizard, on 14 Apr 2010, 8:16, said:

Alias, don't just jump in with a single, opinion only post. Try and at least be constructively critical.
It's not just my opinion, look on Metacritic. I'd give the link myself, but I'm on my phone so I can't copy and paste. The general consensus is that it is bland compared to the previous titles, and from playing it myself that's exactly what it's like. Simcity 4 has a really steep learning curve, hence why Societies may seem better to some. It's just more accessible.

Posted Image

#42 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 23:50

View PostAlias, on 13 Apr 2010, 23:08, said:

Simcity Societies is a piece of shit.

I must agree tbh.. Simcity 4 is deep complex and very rewarding, sim city societies wasn't really a proper city builder, and it was waaay to easy. I think i'm right in thinking there are no zones, just plopping.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 23:52

View PostAlias, on 13 Apr 2010, 23:32, said:

View PostWizard, on 14 Apr 2010, 8:16, said:

It's not just my opinion, look on Metacritic. I'd give the link myself, but I'm on my phone so I can't copy and paste. The general consensus is that it is bland compared to the previous titles, and from playing it myself that's exactly what it's like. Simcity 4 has a really steep learning curve, hence why Societies may seem better to some. It's just more accessible.

If you'd have said something like that in the first place I wouldn't have commented thusly.

#44 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:34

Ive tried googling it but no success. What does it mean when there's a green car in a red circle with a line through it above a green zone? D:

Posted Image

#45 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:38

Your zones have no road access.

Posted Image

#46 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:41

View PostW!, on 14 Apr 2010, 19:34, said:

Ive tried googling it but no success. What does it mean when there's a green car in a red circle with a line through it above a green zone? D:

No access zot? Did you put any roads near your zones? :sly:

#47 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:41

wth... :( It's literally touching a street. I even replaced it with a proper road, no success. :@

Posted Image

#48 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:42

Is it pointing towards the road...?

I'd suggest doing the tutorials first.

Posted Image

#49 Warbz

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:45

Not sure, would look but am at my Mums place on my laptop for the next few days until I get back to Plymouth. Was only asking because it was really bugging me yesterday.

Posted Image

#50 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:48

View PostW!, on 14 Apr 2010, 12:45, said:

Not sure, would look but am at my Mums place on my laptop for the next few days until I get back to Plymouth. Was only asking because it was really bugging me yesterday.

I think he meant the ingame tutorials before you start your city :sly:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users