Player Powers

8 replies to this topic

#1 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 16:54

Well, I've been working on 3 player powers recently(1 per faction) and once I get them working as I want them, I'll take a few videos of them.

But I also want some more idea for new player powers. These will be unlocked in a similar fashion as Tiberium Wars and Kane's Wrath powers. But you will only get them from a few buildings. These are Airfields, Tech 2 structures, and Research Facilities. You will get 1 or two per building.

The three powers that I am currently working on are simple. The Allies have a bombing run, Soviets are getting a Vehicle Drop, and the Empire is getting an Offshore Bombardment power.

I'm doing them one at a time right now, but have a basis with which to start the code. The names should be pretty sufficient at describing what they do and are for.

But on to the main point, as I stated before, I'm in need of ideas. Throw whatever you have at me, I'm sure I could put anything to use with my map scripting ability(if only I could map as well as I script maps).

Any ideas are appreciated.

#2 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 17:00

I'm guessing this is for RA3?

*moved to RA3 section

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 08 May 2010 - 17:09

What about a special overload system for the Soviets : All the units in a selected area lose a lot of armor and gain more firepower for a limited time.
Also, a defense spawner for the Empire, since they're using nanocores to build their defenses, maybe they could just paradrop a defense nanocore in a specified area :P
As for Allies, I'd see a power similar to the leaftlet drop, but that would just slow down the production speed of affected buildings, and weaken the enemies in the zone for some time...

That's all I can think of atm.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#4 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 08 May 2010 - 17:16

paradrop for allies deployed from airfield? I miss them since RA2.

#5 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 17:24

Thanks I guess for the move Bob :P

I'm liking that Overload idea a lot and a paradrop is very possible.

Thanks for these suggstions. I'm sure I could make use of them on some map(spawner objects own!) :duh:

#6 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 17:53

Glad I could be of a help here :P

BTW, I was wondering, is there a possibility of creating a tunnel-network or Scrin portal system in RA3? That could be a useful power for the allies, a bit like the Chronosphere, but instead of teleporting the units in a given zone, it could stay as long as it's not destroyed, and can be used by any player.

#7 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 17:56

Yeah, as long as EA didn't break that code like they did squad code. RA3 and TW share a lot of code. Except EA somehow fudged up the RA3 engine with some TW code. Especially squads, which really made me mad that I couldn't use them without that bad work-around I made a few months ago.

#8 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 17:58

Squad system is useless IMO, I prefer being able to garrison vehicles and buildings with my own combinations of units than with a single type D:

#9 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 18:02

Yeah, I suppose. I just thought it worked really well in Tiberium Wars :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users