An End of An Era

44 replies to this topic

#1 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 23:41

It is with a heavy heart it has come down to me to inform you all of Wizard's announcement to retire from his position as administrator of Fallout Studios. Wiz has worked tirelessly, and provided well for FS over the years, and it a real shame to see him go. However, RL has once again proved to be an insurmountable object, and thus Wizard leaves us for fairer shores.

I personally would like to place on record my undying gratitude for everything that Wizard has done for FS over the years, he has worked tirelessly at making sure that FS is a better place for all of us, and without him, FS would almost undoubtedly be poorer. I'm going to miss you mate, but hopefully you will not be gone for good. Best of luck, and I leave you with this:

Or do I?

It is also my great pleasure to announce that TheDR, who has worked for FS almost as tirelessly as Wiz these many years, has been chosen by the admin team to assist us in our duties. So much like the circle of life, one admin leaves us, but another is already upon us. The very best of luck to you Doc, make us proud 8|

AJ, on behalf of the Fallout Studios moderating team.
For there can be no death without life.

#2 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 00:00

Welcome to the old gold shores Wiz, glad to have you with us mate.

Congrats to Doc, you've some big shoes to fill but I'm sure you'll do well.

#3 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 12 May 2010 - 00:03

Damn, time moves fast. As someone who learned immensely from him, I'm sorry to see wiz leaving his position. Many thanks to him for his work, and best of luck to Doc.
kinda, sorta alive.

#4 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 12 May 2010 - 00:20

Sorry to hear this, Wiz has served the community very well for a long time. He has helped me regularly with things which i am very grateful for.
Good luck with RL mate 8|
Also, congrats Doc. I'm sure you will do a great job.

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 12 May 2010 - 00:35

Sad to see another admin going, but well times does move on and life changes. Good luck in the future.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#6 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 12 May 2010 - 00:53

Stop leaving D:

#7 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:25

Good luck Wizard on your next journey in RL. You've been of great service here in the forums, hope to see you again here.
Oh and cogratulations Boss! 8|

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:36

Thanks for your hard work really, Wiz. I still hope you'll visit us whenever you can, usa. And a hearty congratulations for Doc becoming admin...
Spoiler
D;
Posted Image

#9 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:34

Farewell, Wiz. :P

Congratulations and all that, and not to crash the party, but to be very, very honest I have never seen TheDr do any moderation at all, bar about 3 cases. 8|

Edited by Alias, 12 May 2010 - 03:42.

Posted Image

#10 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:02

Sorry to see you step down Wizard. You've worked so long for FS and put in a lot of effort (and money), but I'm sure Doc will do a great job, too.

DRINKS ALL AROUND. 8|

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#11 Warlock

Semi-Pro

• 217 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:34

Good Bye Wizard, have a nice retirement 8|

Congratz on the promotion Doc!

#12 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:11

Sad to see you go, Wiz, your work has been so valuable to the community and you're just such a nice chap that your leaving is a big loss to the forums, unfortunately. Don't you dare leave permanently or duck out of MSN so I can still keep talking to you during work when overcome by boredom :P .

And congrats to Kyle of course! Though you have big shoes to fill, I'm sure you'll do just fine 8| .

@ Alias: Doc has 217 moderator edits on FS, which is btw the most of any moderator.

Edited by Chyros, 12 May 2010 - 07:12.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:02

It's sad to see Wiz leave, he has been a valuable asset to the community and will be missed by all.
Thanks guys, I'm happy for the opportunity to prove myself as an Admin :P

Alias, Ooo you are such a positive person 8|
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#14 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:34

Oh what? No way. Damnit wiz dont go :(
You have been a pillar in this community and its a massive shame to see you go.

Congrats to Doc on the other hand 8|

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:30

Sad to see Wiz go, but I respect that RL must take precedence over FS. As someone who has known Wiz rather well for at least a year or so, the amount of time and resources he has put into FS is truly admirable and that will be missed. Depending on how active he and Dauth are I will also miss their funny quotes, which tbh are generally the only funny ones in the thread.

I wish luck to Doc, but I must admit I would have said the same as Alias, however 217 edits is rather alot I suppose, so I guess I was wrong there. Honestly though, I always found the posistion of gmod rather redundant anyway..

Best of luck with your RL endeavours Wiz and GL to Doc.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:41

Something for Wizard

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ntG50eXbBtc

#17 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:06

It is sad to see you go Wiz, you have done so much for this little community. Every cloud has a silver lining though, so welcome Doc! I'm sure you'll do a great job.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#18 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:25

Sad to see you go Wizard, especially since Dauth left his admin position as well, who's gonna compete for the most witty/sarcastic member award now? D:
Anyway I wish you the best of luck for your endeavors in RL.

@TheDR : You've done me proud boy. :P
@Alias : I can't speak for the gmoo edits, but I can assure you that Doc is doing great work when it comes to the management of the gaming aspect of FS, especially the TF2 server. Also since you've not been coming to the forums for 9 months, I don't see how you could really judge of the efforts that TheDR made during that time.

PS : Am I the only one who noticed that the only old admins still in the team are Bob and CodeCat ? Shouldn't we do... something to fix that? 8|

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#19 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:39

another admin leaves?? D:
well, if it can't be avoided, good luck to you Wiz.. whatever you faced over there.
and congrats to Doc for becoming an admin.

#20 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:45

You will be missed Wiz, hope you have a great life.

And oh my, Doc's an admin? 8|

#21 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:12

Ion Cannon!, on 12 May 2010, 11:30, said:

Sad to see Wiz go, but I respect that RL must take precedence over FS. As someone who has known Wiz rather well for at least a year or so, the amount of time and resources he has put into FS is truly admirable and that will be missed. Depending on how active he and Dauth are I will also miss their funny quotes, which tbh are generally the only funny ones in the thread.

I wish luck to Doc, but I must admit I would have said the same as Alias, however 217 edits is rather alot I suppose, so I guess I was wrong there. Honestly though, I always found the posistion of gmod rather redundant anyway..

Best of luck with your RL endeavours Wiz and GL to Doc.

If TheDr is a moderator that does his work rather unnoticed, then that is actually pretty good isn't it?

Sad to see Wizard go. I wonder what will happen to the gameservers, I hear they were largely financed by him?

Good luck to THeDr in his new superiority complex.
Posted Image

#22 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:58

Thanks for the messages guys. They are appreciated. I've just come to that point in my life where I can't afford to put my all into the community like I have done in the past. It isn't fair that I'm not helping FS move forward so it was the right time for me to resign and let others do something. The community is in very good hands!

I've made some great friends in my time on ES/FS and enjoyed it a hell of a lot. I am not going away totally, I've got to give Ion and Dauth a run for their money in the Gold Member stakes haven't I?! :P But now I can just relax and enjoy the discussions and the fun rather than worry about the rules and other things. When I can get the time I'm still going to be around for games and things so yell at me when you see me.

As for the gameservers, the BFBC2 server was pretty much a bust, so I'm going to let that go. TF2 on the other hand, I've left with a small golden handshake for you guys, I'll be paying for that for at least another 3 months, see if that gives the admins time to sort out a way to pay for it. I'm sure something can be worked out and if not then I'll see what I can do.

And to TheDR. goodluck and congratulations in your new role mate. I wish you all the best, you've been a good member and contributor to this community over the years and I'm sure you'll be just as a good a servant as an admin.

#23 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 12 May 2010 - 14:36

Shame to see you go Wizard, but GL with future life mate :P
Posted Image

#24 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 12 May 2010 - 14:39

You've put a heck of a lot into this community Wiz, so I'm sorry to see you go. It's great to hear you're not completely leaving though - the community wouldn't be the same without you here.

Congrats to Doc - you're a big part of the community and as a result of that I'm sure you'll do a great job in your new role.

#25 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 15:05

Good luck on future endeavours Wiz, I hope you'll continue to drop in once in awhile. (On that note, what happened to those DC games a lot of us were going to do? -Hardly the place to ask I know, but still, I always did enjoy gaming with you).

And congrats' Doc, I'm sure you'll do well!
You almost did, didn't you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users