[Dragon Age] Can't bring myself to finish it.

7 replies to this topic

#1 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:53

I don't know why.

It's an awesome game, but I can't bring myself to finish even one playthrough for some reason.

Whereas I have been consumed by the SC2 beta and MW2. I've even managed to get to the second last level of LittleBigPlanet.

Part of the reason is because I don't like to play RPGs with people around, but even then I don't even play it alone.

#2 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:29

AllStarZ, on 20 May 2010, 3:53, said:

I don't know why.

It's an awesome game, but I can't bring myself to finish even one playthrough for some reason.

Whereas I have been consumed by the SC2 beta and MW2. I've even managed to get to the second last level of LittleBigPlanet.

Part of the reason is because I don't like to play RPGs with people around, but even then I don't even play it alone.

I had quite the opposite experience, I finished it in 4 days 8| Couldn't stop playing it. But each to his own I guess, after my first playthrough i've since played it through 2x more, but not quite as obsessively as the first..

I don't actually play many games full stop atm. How far are you through in DA?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:55

Same here, sorta ran dead after 4 hours.
I think the game is too hard, defending the village in Redcliffe (wasn't that the name?) was simply impossible. and I can't figure out the damn combat system.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 13:13

It's a Bioware RPG. Pause. And Pause. And Pause. And Pause.

Tactics screen, bro.

Posted Image

#5 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 20 May 2010 - 13:22

SquigPie, on 20 May 2010, 13:55, said:

Same here, sorta ran dead after 4 hours.
I think the game is too hard, defending the village in Redcliffe (wasn't that the name?) was simply impossible. and I can't figure out the damn combat system.

Its not impossible, or I wouldn't have done it. DA is a return to previous RPG's which were actually a challenge. Its still not hard compared to some rather old RPG's I could name, but then I might come off sounding like an arse, although I might have already done that.

Anyway basically what i'm saying is it isn't that hard. Its a bit tough on nightmare difficulty, but on easy you should have no problem. AoE doesn't do party damage, so just AoE everything to death with Morrigan.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 lithon

• 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 15:35

Dragon Age is a great game, but the problem is that u cnt travel by moving around, i mean u just chose the place and thats it!, but it still a great great great great game
My old nick name was Keto, but now I found a new self :p

((-Keep your friends close and your enemies closer-))

This is my website
http://ravenenter.webs.com/

#7 SonicBoom

Scyrge

• Member Test
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 18:31

It's not too hard. The only actual dificulty I really had was dealing with rooms full of mages (overpowered bastards) and
Spoiler
. I am finding my warrior to get a bit boring though. I'm kinda at the point where I want to finish the game for the sole purpose of rerolling a rogue. I'd do it now, but I'm in too far to just quit the story like that.

Edited by Sonic, 23 May 2010 - 18:31.

#8 Kyouko

Formally Iron_Golem

• Member Test
  • 721 posts
  • Projects: To kill any and all conversations

Posted 24 May 2010 - 00:54

Same Here, Im near the end so I wanna get it over with so I can make a new character but it seems wrong to make a new game while my other character is still going. Epic game though, Loving the flexibility in the Story how what they say is affected by the smallest thing you do.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users