Huhnu Alert 3

12 replies to this topic

#1 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 21:11

I'll just be posting updates in this thread rather than making tons of threads.

I've been working on powers lately and have nearly finished the Allied Bombing Run, but here is a video of it.

Comments appreciated 8|

Sorry for low quality, both video and graphic settings(can't run higher than very low without slowdown), but I used xFire.

#2 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 20 May 2010 - 23:34

That did look pretty sweet :o

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 00:09

Thanks 8|

#4 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:21

Despite the fact I don't have RA3 the napalm bombing run is very cool, but I do wonder if why the napalm, just went out fast? 8|
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:57

It's not napalm, it's stock RA3 FX 8|
Posted Image

#6 Warlock

Semi-Pro

• 217 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:31

Looks Good 8|

#7 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:24

Yeah, as Destiny said, until I can start making my own good effects, I re-used stock RA3 stuff for this.

I hated how the Century bomb explosion looked, so this uses the Kirov bomb at the moment 8|

#8 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:37

Looks pretty good indeed, but I'd suggest that you correct the bombing target selector, I mean, the planes unloaded their bombs 10 miles before reaching the actual target :o

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#9 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 21:41

Yeah, I know, the engine is really weird about Strafing(at least when I've been trying this), If it doesn't unload all of its bombs before it reaches the target, it stops unloading them and then goes and leaves the map as normal, except after it turns, then it drops the last few.

It drops them way early because I've edited the weapon so many times, its not even funny. It drops its bombs that far away because it had double that clip and went all the way there. But I halved it and took the video, and it went like that. I have fixed it, and it will be in my next vid(should be within the next week or so). I've taken a quick liking to making vids of the mod 8|

I should get another vid though once the vehicle drop(the new support power) for the soviets is working properly. Then another for the two empire powers(I have made an offensive and passive power for them already, although the passive needs much nerfing xD).

I pretty much classify power as being one of three thing: Offensive(only for attacking purposes), passive(doesn't do any damage, but helps you), and support(helps out, but doesn't directly do damage). The Bombing Run I have done in the video in the first post is obviously offensive. Although the two coded(one is being worked on right now though) Empire powers are the Offshore(read: off-map xD) Bombardment(obviously their offensive power) and Backup Funds(working name for now; it grants 500-1500 credits every 90 seconds, but has to be clicked to gain the funds just to make it require more attention).

#10 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 21:29

Double post.

New screenshot:

Posted Image

The javelin soldiers new missile. I also plan to make it a new missile streak.

#11 Warlock

Semi-Pro

• 217 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 00:32

Pretty |8

#12 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 18:53

Posted Image

Coming soon to a minimod near you!

#13 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:58

Sorry for double post.

Minimod #1

I released a minimod with a touched up Bombing Run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users