Warhammer 40K - The MMO

19 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 20:24

BOYZ, GET TA DA CHOPPAZ!

Edited by Hobbḗsy, 17 June 2010 - 01:50.

#2 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 20:39

OH! HECK! YES! |8

#3 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 00:12

Only 4 races. ;_;

Posted Image

#4 Warlock

Semi-Pro

• 217 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:59

Looks, extremely decent, I'm gonna be looking forward to this one |8

#5 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:57

Posted Image

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#6 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:32

Looks fun. Knowing the MMOness, I expect more races to be added through expansion packs.
Posted Image

#7 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:00

looks very neat. too bad I don't play MMO :(
why they don't make a WH40K FPS game instead?

Edited by n5p29, 16 June 2010 - 12:03.

#8 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:02

I think it would be cooler as a RPG in the style of Fallout 3/Stalker. MMOs tend to look the same since WoW.

Edited by TheDR, 16 June 2010 - 12:03.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#9 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:33

All I have to say is: WAAAGH!!
Posted Image

#10 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 14:58

Nooka, when the game is released (in 5+ years probably) will you promise me that we start an Ork guild together?

n5p29, Theres already an FPS, its named Fire Warrior, according to what I've heard, it should be...decent. Nothing special. There's also the upcoming Space Marine. Although that's more of an action game.

Edited by SquigDR, 16 June 2010 - 14:59.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#11 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 19:45

One more I have to say this: FOR TERRA AND CHAPTER!

#12 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 17 June 2010 - 00:15

@Squig: Per'apz...den again, per'apz not. I dun't promise nuffin', ya runtie squig. Posted Image Also, it's not a "guild" Orkz got, we'z got KLANZ! Posted Image Plus, pay-to-play isn't my style (although.........there are ORKZ.)

Now that I've seen the trailer, all I can say is YES! YES! YES! The Space Marines are proper Black Templars, and because of the race choices that would be available from the start, BT's are the perfect chapter to fight against Ork, Chaos, and Imperial Guard (Why? Well for starters, it fits their fluff.) Chaos seems to be "Undivided", judging by the Berserkers, and the Great Unclean One. I would hope that when this game is completed, that you are able to chose whatever chapter/legion/klan/regiment (and eventually kabal/craftworld/sept/swarm) you want.
Posted Image

#13 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:46

'Dis roight here's gon' be a good n' proppa' WAAAAAAGH!

Edited by Hobbḗsy, 17 June 2010 - 01:46.

#14 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:32

Funny, I posted a topic about this on /tg/ (the guys who invented Angry Marines and just about every single WH40K related meme ever), at first it was like "WOOOOT AWSOME!" 2 threads later and they all hate it intensely (they think the idea of chaos and orkz grouping up is going to ruin it, or they're just bitching about no SoB/Tau), it was better than when the "Space Marine" trailer was released though.

Edited by SquigDR, 17 June 2010 - 08:33.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#15 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:12

Ork and Chaos? sounds like Scourge much 8|

View PostSquigDR, on 16 Jun 2010, 21:58, said:

n5p29, Theres already an FPS, its named Fire Warrior, according to what I've heard, it should be...decent. Nothing special. There's also the upcoming Space Marine. Although that's more of an action game.

I see Fire Warrior graphic not as good as this MMO. not sure about Space Marine one.

#16 SonicBoom

Scyrge

• Member Test
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:30

That's because Fire warrior is 7 years old.

#17 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:58

Ye...name me a game that had uber awesome graphics at that time (other than FarCry and Max Payne 2)
Posted Image

#18 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:52

View PostSquigDR, on 17 Jun 2010, 18:32, said:

they think the idea of chaos and orkz grouping up is going to ruin it

Can't say I blame them. Are they going for the oh so typical good team vs bad team?

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#19 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:43

Yeah, while I don't think it will utterly destroy the game, it did make me facepalm.

But we are talking about /tg/ the most extremely geeky geeks on the internet.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#20 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 23:49

Yeah, but to me the one really big thing about the 40k universe is that there are so many factions, none of which actually get along.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users