Red Alert Synergy

19 replies to this topic

#1 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:03

Some of you may remember an old Red Alert 3 mod that planned to bring in Yuri and quite a number of other factions into Red Alert 3 that ceased development late last year. Some of you may also recognize that we are using those Yuri assets though that's not to say we are going to do the same as that old mod.

To everyone else, this mod may look like a simple remake of Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge! This is not the case, instead Synergy develops the faction style and technology to make a new experience as well as making changes to the Allies, Soviets and Empire of the Rising Sun along with game-play alterations we will reveal in the coming weeks. Ultimately this will be an experience you won't forget!

Posted Image Posted Image

There are a couple of things that have or will be corrected in those screen shots, firstly the Gatling Cannon now has visible team colour, the Psychic Tower is now larger and the Bio Reactor is in need of a capsule texture.

Expect a mod description update detailing more of our plans and intentions soon.

Keep track with all of Synergy's latest updates and features by going onto our ModDB Page and clicking "track this mod" or click here. If you have any ideas or suggestions, post in our Forum!
Posted Image

Edited by Huhnu, 22 July 2010 - 03:27.

#2 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 21:26

We have a new update, behold, the July 13th Media Update!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 13 July 2010 - 21:35

Some nice looking things in here :)
The stuff looks pretty close to the original stuff if I remember rightly.

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 21:42

Most of our currently ingame structures are similar to their YR versions. The Gatling Cannon, Naval yard, and Bio reactor are probably the most different, along with our unit list. :)

Thanks for the feedback mbob 8|

#5 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 23:49

Sorry for the double post.

Psychic Legion

The Psychic Legion (formerly Yuri) is based around psychic and forbidden technologies that make them a unique and formidable force even to the superpowers of the world.

Faction Colour: Purple
Game-play Preference: Base building & turtle tactics

Faction Strengths: Strong structures, heavy multi-purpose base defences, fast building, cheap units.
Faction Weaknesses: Light units, expensive structures, defences are power hungry.

Note that the Legion has weak units but come at a lower cost. Using a hypothetical example, 2 deception tanks (main battle tank of the Legion) match the power of one guardian, however the combined cost of the deception tanks is more than the single guardian tank.

Mind control was one of the key elements in Yuri's Revenge, though it was and still is widely considered to be a nightmare for multiplayer balancing. To help resolve this the Legion will still have mind control however needless units like the Yuri Clone have been removed, Psychic Spires (towers) are now much weaker and the Legion commando cannot mind control certain structures.

---------------------------------

FutureTech

Future-Tech is a mercenary corporation that builds technology for anyone that will pay. Up to this date the Allies have been the corporations major customer. Their mass profits has allowed them to build up their own military branch featuring a range of structures that will prove more than useful to any faction capable of supplying them with power. They also have the deadliest unit in the world.

Faction Colour: Grey
Game-play Preference: Brute force to the extreme.

Faction Strengths: Unrivalled strength, can help change the tide of battle.
Faction Weaknesses: Unrivalled cost, limited production capabilities.

Future-Tech is NOT playable, their structures appear on most multiplayer maps which act as regular tech structures which require capturing.

Structures (tech structures that need capturing)

Radar Array - Grants full battlefield vision to the owner, requires 50 units of power to function.
Oil Derrick - Same as RA2/3 but remade.
Oil Rig - Oil derrick in the sea that actually has pipes and whatnot going into the ground.
Experimental vehicle plant - Produces the future tank
Repair Node - When captured, this structure deploys 5 repair drones. This is usually located near choke-points.

Units

Future Tank-X: The deadliest vehicle in the world armed with dual collier cannons. It's fire power and resilience are unmatched, unfortunately neither is it's cost.

ADDENDUM
The Future Tank is NOT a 1 unit game winning unit, it is stronger than the apocalypse tank but cannot rip through bases like the epic units from C&C3: Kane's Wrath.

#6 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 22:29

We have two new Screenshots from recently finished objects.

First off we have the Citadel which acts as the Psychic Legion's Infantry Production structure as well as a trusty Initiate cleverly disguised as a Conscript(hint hint, that's NOT the Initiate's ability).

Posted Image

As normal to Red Alert 3, it is 3x3, but we wanted a more unique feel to it, and used a single door, rather than the double door barracks that Red Alert 3 has.

Next we have our first ingame and fully working(including special ability) combat unit, the famed and feared, Gatling Tank!

Posted Image

The Special Ability will be revealed at a later date, but for now just know that I have fully coded and rigged this machine. Any comments or feedback is welcome and very appreciated.

#7 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 22:32

The infantry production building looks ok, but I hope that the gattling tank is not final :P It looks like a boxy kart with pipes at the fronts and backs. Sorry, but doesn't look good. Also, is it skinned yet?

#8 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 22:36

View PostWizard, on 18 Jul 2010, 18:32, said:

The infantry production building looks ok, but I hope that the gattling tank is not final :P It looks like a boxy kart with pipes at the fronts and backs. Sorry, but doesn't look good. Also, is it skinned yet?

Thanks for the feedback Wizard. Yes it is skinned, but the lighting on the map we used(it is a community map called Hammer and Sickle) may not have been very good with the details. The shadows are also not that good due to the fact that SighNapse(the Leader, Modeller, Skinner, and person who takes these screenshots) was not using 8x Anti Aliasing like we normally do for screenshots.

I do realize the windows came out badly, but we were trying something with the Specular Map, but it didn't come out so well it seems.

We will probably make it better in the next day or two, but until then, thanks for the feedback :xD:

#9 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 23:05

Your welcome. I've always been someone who prefers a render of a unit to actually assess it. Although I see few RA3 mods who choose to update in that way, which is a shame. You can show off your detail much better imo. The map detail in RA3 will always detract from the units you're trying to show off.

#10 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:28

We are planning to post renders, but not yet, although we have made them, as we need renders for the icons and portrait units and structures have.

#11 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 16:22

As Wizard requested(we are doing this just because he asked :P) we have a render of the Gatling Tank out.

Posted Image

PS: sorry if I double+ post in here, but it's better than posting a thread per update, right? :xD:

Edited by Huhnu, 19 July 2010 - 16:32.

#12 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 21:02

After making some changes to our Explorer/Command Hub and Gatling Tank textures, we released two more screenshots, one for each vehicle. There are minor easter eggs I doubt anyone will notice in them though, but take a try at finding them, we'll be releasing the information them soon enough. :P

First up is the edited Explorer and Command Hub. Here you can see some of the smaller details, such as the bolted together plates. You also have an up close shot of the Repair Drones it has when deployed. This is the only structure the Psychic Legion has that deploys Repair Drones. These structures are very important to your cause, so we made them look as good as possible in each state, especially since the Command Hubs can pack back up and redeploy elsewhere.

Posted Image

And the Gatling Tank can be seen much better in this screenshot, even to the point where you see how SighNapse made it look as if the Gatling tank chassis is welded together from different metal plates and where the bolts are. The special ability is still to be released to you guys, but like I said earlier, is fully coded and operational.

Posted Image

#13 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 21:40

View PostHuhnu, on 19 Jul 2010, 17:22, said:

As Wizard requested(we are doing this just because he asked :P)

w00t for asking |8

PS: sorry if I double+ post in here, but it's better than posting a thread per update, right? :xD:

In the circumstances we can let it pass.

Now onto more important things

Posted Image

Ah, now that is better. I can actually see what it is now. And I must say that it is true enough to the original to be worth going in game. Perhaps it could use with a little more length in the cannon department 8| . I would say that I dislike the skin. It's just one texture with a few panel lines. Granted there isn't much of the skin to see, but most skins in RA3 have great depth. This one lacks it a little.

#14 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 16:32

If anyone here noticed(I know a few people did, as they told me what they saw), there are Gems and Ore in those screenshots. And anyone who watches the ModDB page will have already seen this, but I'm posting this around because that's what I do.

Red Alert 1 & 2 had ore/gem fields.
Red Alert 3 had ore nodes.
Synergy has both.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ore fields are on the land and require their own special ore refinery and harvester. This refinery will be called an ore depot to avoid mixing them up. Ore depots will replace ore refineries in the tech tree as most if not all maps start on or near land.

Ore nodes are on the seas and require Red Alert 3 ore collectors to use them. Soviet, Empire and Legion collectors cannot travel on land however prospectors will still need to in order to expand.

We are still working on rough income values.
Also note the slave miner has been coded and will work mostly like in Yuri's Revenge.

The Allies, Soviets, and Rising Sun all harvest in the same method, and gather the same values. The Psychic Legion on the other hand gathers more resource, but as a result Slave Miners need more micro managing. Rising Sun, Allied, and Soviet Ore Depots can gather from anywhere on the map. Slave Miners can only gather in a radius, and thus need to be manually packed back up and moved to the next Ore or Gem Field.

Ore nodes are important to Red Alert 3 in keeping a fully naval game a valid option, without them, control the land, game over.

Field code credit goes to: Slye_Fox, Tsumetai and Dibelius.

The ore and gem models will be remade and the tesla coil/ spectrum tower is just a place-holder for the ore drill.

Edited by Huhnu, 20 July 2010 - 16:34.

#15 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 20 July 2010 - 18:32

PRETTY DIAMONDS!

#16 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 18:33

-del-

Edited by Kris, 27 February 2017 - 09:24.

#17 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 18:36

View PostKris, on 20 Jul 2010, 14:33, said:

The gems and ore doesn't look good D:

I know, I'm working on remodeling them D;

#18 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 23:25

The Protocol Hub is a key structure to beating your opponent. It allows you to gain 3 Player Powers in your order of choosing. Each "Protocol Node" is built onto the Protocol Hub through the use of Upgrades.

There are three Upgrades that you can purchase. Do be aware that you can purchase the same upgrade multiple times and the Protocol Nodes will appear, but a second or third of the same node does nothing. You cannot sell extra Nodes. The three Upgrades can be purchased in any order.

The first of the three Upgrades I will explain is called the Grinder Add-On. This grants you a power to scrap your, your allies, or your enemies units for money. This is similar to the Cash Bounty power, except that it automatically kills your units and gives you money according to their original cost.

Our next Upgrade we will be going over(and my favorite) will be the Stealth System Add-On. This grants the player the ability to stealth some of his units permanently. This stealth goes away when the unit takes damage or is attacking, but comes back after they have stopped. This only affects Units that belong to the player who has the power. It will not affect structures, Allied Units, or Enemy Units.

The final and probably most dangerous Player Power, is the Mutation Power. The Mutation Power is gained by researching the Experimental Mutation Lab Add-On from the Protocol Hub. This Player Power allows all Infantry Units in a given radius to transform into Brutes under their original owners. This will affect only Infantry(it has yet been decided if Commandos will be affected by this).

Remember, buying multiple of the same Add-On does nothing and you cannot sell Add-Ons without selling the Hub and rebuilding it entirely, so be careful when using this structure.

Mechanics and details of Protocols are subject to change.

Comments and feedback are very welcome. We hope you enjoyed reading this update.

Edited by Huhnu, 29 July 2010 - 23:31.

#19 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 22:22

We felt it would be important to release a full Building List to the public, as well as detailing onto the Build and Expansion Mechanics the Psychic Legion will be using.

Main Structures
Construction Yard - The Player will always start the game with their Construction Yard. This is required to construct other Structures of importance.
Bio Reactor - One of the Psychic Legion's most important structures, the Bio Reactor fuels the Psychic Legion's(rather power consuming) Bases.
Slave Miner - The Slave Miner mines Ore Fields for the Monetary Gain of the Psychic Legion. It is required for all Production Structures besides the Citadel. The Slave Miner's special ability allows it to pack up into a vehicle and move to the next Ore or Gem Field. The trade-off is it requires more micro but gathers more money quicker.
Citadel - The Citadel trains weak-minded humans to fight for the Psychic Legion.
Industrial Factory - The Industrial Factory is needed to construct any ground vehicles.
Aircraft Burrow - The Aircraft burrow builds all of the Psychic Legion's aircraft. None of the Legion's Aircaft need to dock. To compensate that, all aircraft have lighter armor.
Watercraft Fortress - The Watercraft Fortress constructs all of the Psychic Legion's Naval Units.
Psychic Radar - Grants Tier 2 Technology as well as giving access to the Psychic Reveal Player Power. Reveals Stealth in a large area around it. Allows Bio Reactors to Upgrade themselves for extra power output(1st of two Upgrades). This Upgrade is Reactor specific.
Psychic Lab - Grants Tier 3 Technology as well as access to the Psychic Legion's Experimental Output Global Upgrade. This is the second Bio Reactor Upgrade and grants even more Additional Power to the Psychic Legion.
Protocol Hub - The Protocol Hub researches Upgrades that grant Player Powers(details here).

Armory
Citadel Wall - The Citadel Wall is used to protect structures from those pesky infantry and your miners from Terror Drones. And to just generally look awesome. Cannot be crushed by anything.
Citadel Gate - The Citadel Gate can be used as a wall to keep infantry out of your base, but can be lowered to allow units to leave the base.
Gatling Cannon - The Gatling Cannon is the Psychic Legion's Primary base defense. It is effective against Infantry and Aircraft but does sub-par damage to Vehicles and Seacraft. It's Special Ability, called Break Limit, allows it to speed up it's rate of fire for 10 seconds but overheats the barrels and as such stops functioning for 15 seconds once Break Limit has expired. Break Limit has a cooldown of 1 minute.
Psychic Spire - The Psychic Spire is the Psychic Legion's Secondary base defense. It is still being coded so I cannot reveal any details on how it works, but I guarantee you it does not work as it did in Yuri's Revenge.
Explorer/Command Hub - The Explorer is not a structure, but it can be constructed from the Construction Yards Armory Tab. It unpacks into the Command Hub anywhere on the battlefield which provides some build radius.

Psychic Legion Mechanics
Build Mechanic - Stage 1: 50% time building in conyard. Stage 2: Other 50% of the time deploying, this cannot be taken back and is money wasted if destroyed. All money is spent in stage 1.
Expansion Mechanic - Explorers built from the Industrial Factory, Construction Yard, or Watercraft Fortress can move and deploy into Command Hubs which provide Build Radius. When Deployed it has 3 Repair Drones. Can Pack back up and redeploy elsewhere. Takes 10 seconds to Unpack and Pack back up. All Main Structures give a 1 square build radius. MCVs take 5 seconds to Unpack and Pack back up.
Teching Mechanic - Basically the same as the Soviet Teching mechanic, except with the Psychic Radar and Psychic Lab.

#20 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 20:35

We have fully finished our Naval Platform models and thus have an aquatic base screenshot to show off. Do note our ConYard has been slightly remodeled and still lacks a texture.

Posted Image

We also have a render of the Ravager Attack Trike belonging to the Psychic Legion. It is fully coded and working in game. It's special ability powers it down and slowly repairs it from scraps. In this state, the trike cannot move or fire making it extremely vulnerable. The Ravager is a harassment unit though.

Posted Image

We have one last unfinished and untextured render that is up on SighNapse's ModDB, but I'm not going to place it here until it is finished. It is called the Whiplash Light Tank.

Now that we have an ingame of the Ravager, you can view it's Render and Ingame for comparisons.

Posted Image

Edited by Huhnu, 12 August 2010 - 20:54.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users