39 replies to this topic

#1 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 00:12

Posted Image

Sig of the Week #94 (2.0)

Theme: Vintage (Sprites/Old Games/Vintage Stuff/Doesn't have to be a game.)
Deadline: Sunday, July 31st, 2010.

Rules:

• Signatures may be no larger than 600x350px.
  • Signatures must be made by you, and clearly show your name (in the signature).
  • Entries must not have been shown on this forum previous to this competition. Entries must not have been shown on the forum prior to the last competition, this is a one-off rule change.
  • Signatures may be changed up to one time per competition.
  • You may only enter one sig.
  • To enter, post your sig in this topic.
  • Disqualification may occur if rules are not followed.
  • You can optionally post (a link to) the main source/render(s) along with your sig.
  • You must upload your sig to an image hosting site, such as Imageshack or Photobucket. Do not upload directly to this forum.

If you have any questions, ask me or TheDR on MSN or Steam.

Good luck everyone!

Entries:

Bored
Posted Image

Rich19
Posted Image

n5p29
Posted Image

Nidmeister
Posted Image

TheDR
Posted Image

Hobbesy
Posted Image

AJ
Posted Image

Stalker
Posted Image

Nem
Posted Image

-drag-
Posted Image

Edited by Hobbesy, 30 July 2010 - 20:26.

#2 Bored

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:25

Did I win yet?
Posted Image
Needed less gun
Posted Image

#3 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:48

No, You didn't even follow the rules, It's too big.

And how exactly is this 2.0? It's the same thing. You could at least created a banner or something. This should be run by a developer, like Bob. Who knew that there isn't enough interest anymore for themed sig of the weeks.

I would have gladly taken this over and put in actual effort.

Edited by Nem, 25 July 2010 - 05:53.

#4 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:39

View PostNem, on 25 Jul 2010, 6:48, said:

No, You didn't even follow the rules, It's too big.

And how exactly is this 2.0? It's the same thing. You could at least created a banner or something. This should be run by a developer, like Bob. Who knew that there isn't enough interest anymore for themed sig of the weeks.

I would have gladly taken this over and put in actual effort.

Ok, first off, i did create a banner, but Hobbesy must of lost it and i have been rather busy at the moment. I have edited this in. Secondly, if you wanted to do it, you could of asked. It's been months since the last one and nothing was stopping you.

Bored, your too big, you must of got the 50px mixed up between the width and a height.

I will be entering this, but don't expect it to be good as I'm using my netbook 8|
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#5 Bored

Visitor

• 21 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:01

It's late and I did get them mixed up

FIXED
Posted Image

Do I win now?

Edited by Bored, 25 July 2010 - 07:04.

Needed less gun
Posted Image

#6 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:09

The banner was put up for the announcement thread, Bob lost interest in running SotW due to the lack of entires, and you had ample time to run it if you really wanted to. The 2.0 is a bit of musing by myself, and it in no way has impeded on the contest.

#7 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:12

View PostTheDR, on 25 Jul 2010, 1:39, said:

Secondly, if you wanted to do it, you could of asked. It's been months since the last one and nothing was stopping you.

I didn't want to do it, But if its going to be done, it should be done right, By someone who can put a little bit more effort into it then slap on a 2.0.

EDIT: in this environment that just isn't good enough, and anyone not willing to go that extra mile isn't fit to run a contest, or a forum. It is very dangerous not having leadership that can contribute these days. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from, and I hope more people realize how important it is for the administration to give it their all.

Edited by Nem, 25 July 2010 - 07:32.

#8 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:17

Wow, my ruleset is still being used after all these years. 8|

Glad I put the effort into them back then.

Posted Image

#9 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:46

View PostAlias, on 25 Jul 2010, 8:17, said:

Wow, my ruleset is still being used after all these years. ;)

Glad I put the effort into them back then.

Indeed, you did a good job on them 8|
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#10 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:30

Thought I'd have a go, not quite sure how it's turned out. It doesn't seem very sig-like. 8|

Posted Image

#11 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:53

View PostNem, on 25 Jul 2010, 8:12, said:

Secondly, if you wanted to do it, you could of asked. It's been months since the last one and nothing was stopping you.

I didn't want to do it, But if its going to be done, it should be done right, By someone who can put a little bit more effort into it then slap on a 2.0.

EDIT: in this environment that just isn't good enough, and anyone not willing to go that extra mile isn't fit to run a contest, or a forum. It is very dangerous not having leadership that can contribute these days. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from, and I hope more people realize how important it is for the administration to give it their all.

I think you need to get off your high horse Mr. Nem. What exactly are you expecting? Trumpets & fanfares?? An actual gold medal for the winner? Hobbesy (& TheDR.) isn't doing this as an admin, but as member, the SotW was never an official thing. You and everyone else has had plenty of time to pull your finger from whatever orifice it's been in and could've started this at any point however you wanted to. I see zero point in throwing your toys out of your prams now, just because you don't like the banner. It isn't up to the admins to run any competition, we're a membership driven community. /of.

#12 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:28

It's back!
here's my entry then... 8|

Posted Image

#13 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:52

Excellent, glad this is back 8|

Ill be entering this. I hope you guys bring back the render themed SOTW's, they were a nice challenge

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 15:59

View PostWizard, on 25 Jul 2010, 11:53, said:

View PostNem, on 25 Jul 2010, 8:12, said:

I think you need to get off your high horse Mr. Nem. What exactly are you expecting? Trumpets & fanfares?? An actual gold medal for the winner? Hobbesy (& TheDR.) isn't doing this as an admin, but as member, the SotW was never an official thing. You and everyone else has had plenty of time to pull your finger from whatever orifice it's been in and could've started this at any point however you wanted to. I see zero point in throwing your toys out of your prams now, just because you don't like the banner. It isn't up to the admins to run any competition, we're a membership driven community. /of.

This, and also, I didn't make SotW any more special than this. It was 'simply' a copypasta + insert theme and incorrect date exercise, nothing more. There isn't exactly much more you can do for a small SotW competition (and actually be worth doing).
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#15 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 19:47

Posted Image

I call it GENERIC LENS FLARE SIGNATURE THAT TURNED OUT SMALLER THAN EXPECTED.
Posted Image

#16 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 23:36

Here is my entry 8|

Posted Image
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#17 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 23:55

Posted Image

#18 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 00:09

Posted Image

Thought I'd do something a little.. retro, in my eyes anyways. I was experimenting with vectors before anything else on PS 8|

Edited by AJ, 26 July 2010 - 00:11.

For there can be no death without life.

#19 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 14:02

I have no idea how to make signatures, but these look really good! 8|
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#20 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 14:04

View PostGhostrider, on 26 Jul 2010, 15:02, said:

Learn2photoshop ;)

In all seriousness it isn't hard, just go and *cough* get yourself *cough* a copy of Photoshop. The rest is simples

#21 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 26 July 2010 - 17:23

View PostWizard, on 26 Jul 2010, 15:04, said:

Learn2photoshop ;)

In all seriousness it isn't hard, just go and *cough* get yourself *cough* a copy of Photoshop. The rest is simples

Alternatively, use GIMP. It's free, whereas getting Photoshop would *cough* cost you *cough* quite a bit.

#22 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 17:52

View PostRich19, on 26 Jul 2010, 13:23, said:

Learn2photoshop ;)

Alternatively, use GIMP. It's free, whereas getting Photoshop would *cough* cost you *cough* quite a bit.

Perhaps I could somehow, someway, *cough* stumble across a free photoshop *cough* on the internet. I think I'll go *cough* take a stroll *cough* on the internet to look for it.
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#23 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 26 July 2010 - 20:30

View PostGhostrider, on 26 Jul 2010, 17:52, said:

Learn2photoshop ;)

Perhaps I could somehow, someway, *cough* stumble across a free photoshop *cough* on the internet. I think I'll go *cough* take a stroll *cough* on the internet to look for it.

So just to be clear were talking about pirating Photoshop?

#24 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 20:34

View PostAaron:Wii, on 26 Jul 2010, 21:30, said:

I have no idea how to make signatures, but these look really good! :P

Learn2photoshop |8

;)

Is subtly not in your vocab or just something you aren't aware of?

No, we're not talking about pirating anything, we're suggesting to Ghostrider to go and acquire something to make some digital art with 8|

Edited by Wizard, 26 July 2010 - 20:34.

#25 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 26 July 2010 - 21:09

View PostAaron:Wii, on 26 Jul 2010, 23:30, said:

Learn2photoshop ;)

There are other ways to get free software than piracy. Demos, shareware, university etc...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users