Aeolus Suggestion

4 replies to this topic

#1 Generalcamo

Casual

• 78 posts
  • Projects: None

Posted 07 August 2010 - 00:58

I was looking at the aeolus and noticed something. It can be coded so that the jet engines move to the side and make it fly. The Engines would work like an osprey, tilting to hover and tilting to move. But flying has a problem. While flying, it cannot attack. And even though it is fast (JET engine), raptors/MiGs can kill it.
Supporter of Stalin

#2 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:50

I'm pretty sure this isn't codeable. Well it actually is codeable with bike-logic but that would bring other problems with it.

About the Idea itself, It's kinda awesome and stupid at the same time.. I'm not really sure if it's a good idea.
Posted Image

#3 Jordan

Crazy Modder

• Gold Member
  • 2704 posts
  • Projects: C&C Crazy Mod Leader

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:12

This isn't really codeable as far as I know. I've tried this with various vehicles, notably the Whirlymaster and Quad Duster, and I can't get either to work well enough to my standards. I've tried both using bike logic and locomotor upgrades, and neither seemed to work.

The Quad Duster uses bike logic and can fly and land whenever, but it loses all of its experience whenever it switches from flying to driving, or driving to flying. I tried using locomotor set upgrades for the Whirlymaster instead, but it seems a locomotor upgrade cannot be removed. So it could take off, but it could never land again afterwards.

I have an idea of using upgrades to trigger flying and driving states rather than a special power, and still using bike logic, but I'm not sure how it will turn out.

-Jordan
C&C Crazy Mod Version 0.55
^^^^The True Crazy Mod Starts Here^^^^
Posted Image

#4 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 09 August 2010 - 15:40

try using suicide OCL method maybe? so the flying mode and ground mode use different object each (like Conyard-MCV).

e.g. the ground state object fires a suicide weapon (with special death type) so it will kill itself and spawn the flying state object. and vice-versa.
with this method, it can transfer the health and veterancy to the spawned object.

#5 source code

Casual

• 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:59

in contra you have units(cyber commando and crop duster) that can both be land and air units.

maybe ask the contra team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users