Manila Hostage Incident

37 replies to this topic

#26 CreepyMoto

Visitor

• 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 17:49

View PostSquigPie, on 25 Aug 2010, 17:31, said:

Seriously, did they expect him to sit around eating cupcakes while they broke in?
Why did they smash the windows, why did they throw a fucking glowstick in but no stun grenades/flash grenades/tear gas grenades.

Here ya there , i first thought it was a flash grenade , but when i looked again i saw it glow i was like , Dude thats just retarded
Posted Image

#27 Sharpnessism

Custom title!

• Member Test
  • 2871 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 23:15

Pretty sad... at one point one of them tries to throw a glow stick into a hole in the window they smashed, but fails. Then some other SWAT picks it up and just drops it in. At another point you can see the sledge hammer guy accidentally letting go of it and losing it. The hijacker walks out at multiple points and exposes himself to sniper(s), no shots were taken. Towards the end you see the "commando" simply unloading his whole fucking clip at the hijacker, wouldn't be surprised if at least one victim was because of poor aim. And of course, you have around two dozen armed men, some with full automatic weapons, shields, and pistols, who huddle around the corner of the bus while one guy tries to make an opening with a hammer (taking a longass time doing it).

The fact that there are photos of filipino nurses AND police/SWAT posing and smiling in front of the aftermath is going to create even more backlash in HK/China. Even worse is how the filipino president addressed it.
Posted Image

#28 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:41

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=I1fl5rAmGd0

Recreation of the incident, using witness acounts

EDIT: The firefights we're exaggerated (both amount and duration) to better see what happened, but that's basically it

EDIT: Fixed the video

Edited by Zeke, 26 August 2010 - 12:47.

#29 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:47

One of them died because of them smashing the windows? Wow, talk about tactical fail. :|

Posted Image

#30 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:31

Policeman 1: "Okay guys, there's a hostage situation, some psycho's locked himself up in a bus and-"
Policeman 2: "FUCK THAT! LET'S SMASH SOME WINDOWS!"
Policeman 1: "Uhhm, but I'm not sure-"
Policeman 3: "FUCK YES! I GOT A SLEDGEHAMMER AT MY PLACE!"
Policeman 2: "LET'S DO THIS!"

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#31 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:35

View PostSquigPie, on 26 Aug 2010, 18:31, said:

Policeman 1: "Okay guys, there's a hostage situation, some psycho's locked himself up in a bus and-"

Police 1: BUT FIRST!:

Posted Image

:)

#32 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 22:36

View PostSquigPie, on 26 Aug 2010, 18:31, said:

LEEEROY JENKINS!!!

Edited by Shirou, 28 August 2010 - 22:36.

Posted Image

#33 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 28 August 2010 - 22:52

http://www.bbc.co.uk...acific-11122434

No comment...

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#34 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 29 August 2010 - 00:07

View PostCJ, on 29 Aug 2010, 1:52, said:

They draped his coffin with the flag? After what he did? That was just plain insensitive.
Posted Image

#35 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:10

Well technically even though he started it, it was the PNP that made it worse.....

#36 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:56

View PostZeke, on 29 Aug 2010, 5:10, said:

Well technically even though he started it, it was the PNP that made it worse.....

So if someone were to slaughter a million of persons with a bomb because a government didn't pay a ransom, he would be considered as a martyr and draped in his national flag because the government made it worse? 8|

#37 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 15:38

View PostCJ, on 29 Aug 2010, 17:56, said:

View PostZeke, on 29 Aug 2010, 5:10, said:

So if someone were to slaughter a million of persons with a bomb because a government didn't pay a ransom, he would be considered as a martyr and draped in his national flag because the government made it worse? 8|

In order to answer that question, one must first ask:

We're the charges against him even true in the first place?

Was there a reason to arrest his family in front of him, while he still had the hostages?

Is he really the terrorist here? Or merely a victim of someone else's plot?

The people who handled the situation did not simply "refuse to pay the ransom".

They ignored his request and spit on his face.

His brother volunteered to negotiate, make him stop, did they let him? No. Instead he was arrested in the middle of the "negotiations". Then he suddenly learned from watching the news from the bus that his wife was also arrested.

You'd think it was because the PNP already had a plan to stop him, but no, infact the opposite was true.

The way the incident was handled was not only poor it was completely stupid.

#38 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 15:48

That still doesn't justify the fact that he'd be treated like some sort of hero. The fact that police fucked up the whole operation doesn't give him the right to kill anyone...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users