Manila Hostage Incident

37 replies to this topic

#1 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:43

I apologize if this is in the wrong place...

I had always had low expectations for the law enforcement of our country, but this....

http://mb.com.ph/articles/273737/expolicem...ourists-hostage

.... is too much.

I watched the live video, with my brothers and we can't help but feel very disappointed.

In defense I guess I should say, this is the first time that something like this has happened, and the PNP generally lacks experience in dealing with these incidents.

However, many of the mistakes made, were common sense IMO.

Edited by Zeke, 24 August 2010 - 11:01.

#2 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:45

Indeed, the critics are even more disappointed in Hong Kong right now. Its everywhere from radio to TV and internet sites.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#3 GuardianTempest

Regular

• 180 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:45

Well look at my thread, I'm still mad at Mendo-fag.

Ok, make that 50 kills when I die. That dimwit needed to learn for once NOW I CAN SEE THE....oh...calming down.
OC's and stuff
DeviantArt
*RWUAAARAAUGHRWAGH!!*
--------------------------
Posted Image
"I am an artist of daydreams. With just a little material, be it a picture, audio or a simple thought, it could fuel a derivative masterpiece."
And I also do Walfas Comics...when I feel like it.

#4 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:53

Edited by Kris, 29 May 2017 - 05:35.

#5 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:54

but it's still unbelievable that the hostage taker is only a man. O_O

#6 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:54

Yes, you might have the right to be mad at Mendoza, but he wouldn't go rampage without a reason. The negotiation went fail, because they are not giving his needs of a simple to be restored back to the police force, because of his so called "injustice" he felt of being kicked out of it in the first place. Plus the media and the police tactics made the wrong steps in making this as peaceful as possible. All in all condolonces to the families of and Hong Kong, We the filipinos are sorry for what we have done. =(
EDIT: He was an experienced policeman and the media gave him vital information towards the technology inside the bus, oh I don't know a TV or a radio.
EDIT 2: We will be bombarded once again with racism...

Edited by Papaya Master Rai, 24 August 2010 - 10:57.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:01

Added video to better explain things

#8 GuardianTempest

Regular

• 180 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:14

Too bad FPJ's law of action-physics don't apply here. And what's the media going? Sure news is important but then might as well send an officer to do it for them!!!
OC's and stuff
DeviantArt
*RWUAAARAAUGHRWAGH!!*
Posted Image
"I am an artist of daydreams. With just a little material, be it a picture, audio or a simple thought, it could fuel a derivative masterpiece."

#9 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:19

I think you need to take a short time off to cool your head, you've stopped making any sense ;)

#10 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:24

Watching the video, why the hell didn't they use teargas or something? A bus is such a small thing that that would have been far more effective than just smashing windows with a sledgehammer... ;)

Posted Image

#11 Rai

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:28

There were still live hostages on board the bus, that was their fear. I think I heard on the television that they did use teargas, since I can hear the reporters saying "The smell is still strong on the area" thing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:29

Just read this on China Daily and wow... It took them 8~12 hours to solve this? It seems mainland China wants a full investigation about it aswell...

Kind of put me off visiting the Philippines... :\

Oh and some news sites such as BBCUK and BBCChina have got it (maybe) wrong, they say police entered the bus and killed him but others say he was shot with a sniper?
Posted Image

#13 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:33

Edited by Kris, 29 May 2017 - 05:33.

#14 GuardianTempest

Regular

• 180 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:48

YAy I cooled down(mostly) and at the same time finished my Storyboard project for World History!!!

EDIT: You know, maybe it could have been better if the trained military were to handle this.

Edited by GuardianTempest, 24 August 2010 - 11:49.

OC's and stuff
DeviantArt
*RWUAAARAAUGHRWAGH!!*
Posted Image

#15 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:15

View PostAlias, on 24 Aug 2010, 19:24, said:

Watching the video, why the hell didn't they use teargas or something? A bus is such a small thing that that would have been far more effective than just smashing windows with a sledgehammer... ;)

They did gas it eventually, but they forgot to bring masks so they weren't able to get in...

#16 Rai

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:28

Oh and before I go, one more thing GuardianTempest: Seriously it was not really his plan to kill people, as you can see earlier that he released the other passengers from the bus, especially the old man in the hostage crisis. All went wrong, just because of the improper negotiation that happened and Mrs. Leung will surely agree with me, plus with communication on his side he heard that his brother was arrested, who wouldn't go rage with that? Oh here we go racism is spreading accross the internet. *sigh* How nice... :(

Edited by Papaya Master Rai, 24 August 2010 - 12:31.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 GuardianTempest

Regular

• 180 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 21:59

MY EYES!!!!

EDIT:

@Cargobob77 you are totally right. America should just nuke all the worthless Filipinos along with the gang banging blacks and filthy mexicans to end their misery. Also, those 3 races are inferior to the others.

Already!?

Edited by GuardianTempest, 24 August 2010 - 22:13.

OC's and stuff
DeviantArt
*RWUAAARAAUGHRWAGH!!*
Posted Image

#18 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 22:29

This is likely going to turn political very quickly. Try to keep it civil guys.

#19 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 24 August 2010 - 22:34

View PostGuardianTempest, on 25 Aug 2010, 0:59, said:

MY EYES!!!!

EDIT:

@Cargobob77 you are totally right. America should just nuke all the worthless Filipinos along with the gang banging blacks and filthy mexicans to end their misery. Also, those 3 races are inferior to the others.

Already!?

I do hope you won't take a youtube comment seriously. Especially not one where the person very clearly exhibits racism either through stupidity or tasteless sarcasm.
Posted Image

#20 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 24 August 2010 - 22:51

There was nothing stopping them simply agreeing to give him the job back and arresting him later. It's not like he'd be able to take a busload of hostages when he goes to work every morning...

#21 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 25 August 2010 - 00:17

View Postscope, on 24 Aug 2010, 23:34, said:

View PostGuardianTempest, on 25 Aug 2010, 0:59, said:

MY EYES!!!!

EDIT:

Already!?

I do hope you won't take a youtube comment seriously. Especially not one where the person very clearly exhibits racism either through stupidity or tasteless sarcasm.

This, and seriously if you find you can't control your rage, just don't post for the sake of yourself and others, 90% of material you have posted on the topic has been incoherent babble. Also there's a lesson you need to learn - You really can't let things get to you so much, especially something that apart from happening in your country, didn't affect you at all. If you continue to be so affected by such minor things in relation to yourself your going to spend alot of time spouting incoherent babble, shit happens as they say.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:45

Edited by Kris, 29 May 2017 - 05:11.

#23 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 25 August 2010 - 13:10

Now in Hong Kong TV, the bodies are flown back and having a live broadcast. The speech made thanked everyone but the police...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#24 CreepyMoto

Visitor

• 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 13:42

Well this is just bullshit , I never thought that law enforcements can be this bad -.- They basicly were scared of the hostage taker ;)
Posted Image

#25 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 14:31

Seriously, did they expect him to sit around eating cupcakes while they broke in?
Why did they smash the windows? why did they throw a fucking glowstick in, but no stun grenades/flash grenades/tear gas grenades?

Edited by SquigPie, 25 August 2010 - 18:31.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users