You know, sometimes I wonder if they want peace..

38 replies to this topic

#1 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 03 September 2010 - 13:29

So this is the latest news on the Palestinian Israeli conflict. Leaders from both nations are having peace talks and Hammas responds by saying it will step up attacks? Why on earth would you do something so stupid unless you actually didn't give a rats arse about peace. On the other side of the fence Israeli right wingers are also condemning the talks before they have even really started.

On one hand Hammas wants Israel to recognise it won Gaza through democracy and that it isn't just a terrorist organisation, so why is it therefore acting exactly like one? How in anyway does starting peace talks justify more meaningless violence.. I'm skeptical they will work myself, but its better than nothing, starting a new campaign of violence certainly isn't going to help is it. Fucking idiots.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-11175834
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 14:16

I'm sorry if this offends you Ion, but you're the idiot here.

We're not talking about an angry discussion here, one that you sooner or later get tired of and agree to stop, we are talking about 50+ years of intense hatred, we are talking about children watching their family and friends being killed before their eyes. And those children growing up and killing other's friends and families. We are talking about a spiral of hate and pain, this isn't something you can end by saying "sorry, can we be friends again?" This is something that will burn until nothing is left but ash. Of course they are tired, of course they want to have peace and let the fear end, but they can't. They have watched so many loved ones die, do you really think they can just go back? Do you really think that the screams inside their head will end?

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#3 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 14:48

View PostSquigPie, on 3 Sep 2010, 15:16, said:

We're not talking about an angry discussion here, one that you sooner or later get tired of and agree to stop, we are talking about 50+ years of intense hatred, we are talking about children watching their family and friends being killed before their eyes. And those children growing up and killing other's friends and families. We are talking about a spiral of hate and pain, this isn't something you can end by saying "sorry, can we be friends again?" This is something that will burn until nothing is left but ash. Of course they are tired, of course they want to have peace and let the fear end, but they can't. They have watched so many loved ones die, do you really think they can just go back? Do you really think that the screams inside their head will end?

You seriously think I'm not aware of that. I never comment on something like this before making sure I know the subject matter. The thing I'm taking objection to is Hamas stepping up violence because of the peace talks. As in had there been no peace talks the violence wouldn't have been stepped up. It just makes me more sure that the statement " We want peace " which both sides use, is highly untrue.

Oh and a short warning, don't call me an idiot.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 03 September 2010 - 14:53.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 03 September 2010 - 14:57

Does that justify attempts to deliberately sabotage anything that vaguely resembles a "peace process"?

#5 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 15:37

And no, of course it would never justify it. But we need to understand WHY they continue. To them it's not a peace-agreement, to them it's their chance of revenge being cut off. It's not something that can possibly be justified, but it's something that needs to be understood.

This is why I hate discussions over text, 40% of evertything you say is misunderstood, You weren't saying that them not being able to stop was stupid, which I thought, and I wasn't saying that it was justified (I'm a Christian, we're not exactly the "revenge" type. But that's a whole other discussion), which you thought. :P

Agreed?

Edited by SquigPie, 03 September 2010 - 15:38.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#6 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 15:49

View PostSquigPie, on 3 Sep 2010, 16:37, said:

And no, of course it would never justify it. But we need to understand WHY they continue. To them it's not a peace-agreement, to them it's their chance of revenge being cut off. It's not something that can possibly be justified, but it's something that needs to be understood.

This is why I hate discussions over text, 40% of evertything you say is misunderstood, You weren't saying that them not being able to stop was stupid, which I thought, and I wasn't saying that it was justified (I'm a Christian, we're not exactly the "revenge" type. But that's a whole other discussion), which you thought. :P

Agreed?

No it was more the fact of why do they say they want peace if they so blatantly don't?

We want peace!
*Peaceful gesture is made, talks begin*
- Because of the peace talks we are stepping up violence.

Hamas says it wants people to recognise its more than a terrorist organisation, well this isn't the best way to go about it is it?

I can completely understand why they would be angry at Israel, Israel has been allowed to do as it pleases for too long. But that isn't the point. How do they ever expect to get peace if when a peaceful gesture is made they immediately condemn it (Rightwing Israelis) or they announce they are going to step up violence (Palestinian Hamas).

It doesn't achieve anything, surely Hamas must know by now that if it steps up violence Israel is just going to treat them even shitter and kill many more times the number that they kill. Hence why I said they were stupid. All they are doing is prolonging this conflict and killing the people that elected them in the first place.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 03 September 2010 - 15:50.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 16:04

Yeah, that is kind off wierd, but are you sure it's the same people doing both? Sure it's not one group wanting peace and another wanting war?

If not, then maybee it's some kind of tactical plan, Attack-them-when-they-least-expect-it kind off plan.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#8 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 03 September 2010 - 16:37

I believe that Israel and Palestine are beyond the whole "attack when they least expect it". They're both well beyond that point. Now it's just a matter of how, rather than when the other will attack. Also, it's more than just "50+" years of bloody spills. It's more to the point to say that each side has had centuries to develop a bitter taste for the other. The fact that Israel was re-established in 1949 did everything to piss off the Palestinians.

Who knows exactly why Hamas and Israel say one thing and mean another. Perhaps it's because countries and governments are run by people, men, who, are fallible, and in this case, prone to lying. Personally, I don't see the fighting ending anytime soon.
Posted Image

#9 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 03 September 2010 - 16:42

View PostRich19, on 3 Sep 2010, 15:57, said:

Does that justify attempts to deliberately sabotage anything that vaguely resembles a "peace process"?

Peace, my ass... Every time there is a cease fire or something approaching of that, you still hear that Israeli forces are still destroying Palestinian towns to build their own colonies instead, and pretending to be still in cease fire nonetheless...

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#10 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 17:46

And Hamas bombing through major Israeli population centers...

In the current state with so many hardliners aiming for bloodshed from both sides, it seems the conflict is impossible to be resolved by the involved parties alone. An actual Peace Keeping Operation from the outside seems like the only solution at times.

Edited by Golan, 03 September 2010 - 17:49.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#11 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 17:54

View PostGolan, on 3 Sep 2010, 19:46, said:

An actual Peace Keeping Operation from the outside seems like the only solution at times.
Since when has peacekeeping intervention ever caused any peace? :/

I think it should just be a last man standing thing. If all foreign nations simply stop meddling in their affairs, the Israeli and Palestinian top wouldn't have to pretend to be peaceful, and it's not as if one side committed more or worse atrocities than the other or deserves to win more than another. Let them sort it out themselves, I say.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 18:23

View PostChyros, on 3 Sep 2010, 18:54, said:

An actual Peace Keeping Operation from the outside seems like the only solution at times.

I think it should just be a last man standing thing. If all foreign nations simply stop meddling in their affairs, the Israeli and Palestinian top wouldn't have to pretend to be peaceful, and it's not as if one side committed more or worse atrocities than the other or deserves to win more than another. Let them sort it out themselves, I say.

Are you serious? If media haven't given this much exposure to the situation, the Israeli would have nuked every living Palestinian by now...

#13 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 18:28

View PostRich19, on 3 Sep 2010, 16:57, said:

As long as isreal keeps on behaving like the superiorist pricks they are and arrogant isrealis continue colonizing into Palestinian areas, there is no fucking reason for the palestinians to go and accept this peace farce from the israelis.

You should see what a total of 800 (!) isreali did to Hebron, a 160.000 palestinian city. They claim the city because ''Abraham claimed it 4000 years ago so it's ours'' and settled in the city centre. They need their army to protect them and subsequently every palestinian has been rooted out of the centre, which is now a dead zone, a mere shadow of the busy hub it once was.

Such shitty arrogance and disgusting religious attitude is what's fuelling Isreali all over the country to continue colonizing, and this has, as Squigpie said, been going on for decades and decades. No, really, the palestinians are not going to settle this by the smile of Hillary Clinton.

While we have all felt sorry for the victim jewish people in World War 2, it hasn't made their descendants the nicest of people around, really. I don't need to be right winged to say that. It is only for the fact that their adversaries equally have their bad habits (regarding the quick use of violence) that's winning them most arguments.

Edited by Shirou, 03 September 2010 - 18:33.

Posted Image

#14 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 18:29

View PostCJ, on 3 Sep 2010, 19:23, said:

Are you serious? If media haven't given this much exposure to the situation, the Israeli would have nuked every living Palestinian by now...

He's right, left alone Israel will wipe out Palestine. They have shown no real commitment to following any of the regulations, they simply ignore everything. The only way to stop the conflict I feel, is for the international community to actually fucking do something. Starting with tough sanctions against Israel and reducing any funding to 0.

Having really commited leaders (to peace) on both sides would also help, though the last Israeli PM who tried to really bring about peace was assassinated.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 19:11

View PostShirou, on 3 Sep 2010, 19:28, said:

While we have all felt sorry for the victim jewish people in World War 2, it hasn't made their descendants the nicest of people around, really. I don't need to be right winged to say that. It is only for the fact that their adversaries equally have their bad habits (regarding the quick use of violence) that's winning them most arguments.

I thought I'd never see someone else than an Arab ever saying that. And the most disgusting thing is that every time the Israeli army attacks a city, French news for instance don't even talk about that, but merely publishes some documentaries about what the Jews endured during WWII so that people feel bad for them and don't criticize their use of violence.
In fact if there was a single ethnicity which could understand what Palestinians are enduring now, it's the Jews themselves...

#16 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts
  • Projects: I'm with the Mapper Guild Projects

Posted 03 September 2010 - 19:28

With all of this fighting a everything between Israeli and Hamas, I feel like there is a big war coming. The reason I say is because Iran has the materials to build nuclear bombs and the president of Iran said that he wanted to blow Israeli off the face of the earth. Another side is that there is never going to be any peace in the Middle East they are going to fight until the end of time and they have been fighting for well over 100 years.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 20:30

View PostIon Cannon!, on 3 Sep 2010, 20:29, said:

View PostCJ, on 3 Sep 2010, 19:23, said:

He's right, left alone Israel will wipe out Palestine. They have shown no real commitment to following any of the regulations, they simply ignore everything. The only way to stop the conflict I feel, is for the international community to actually fucking do something. Starting with tough sanctions against Israel and reducing any funding to 0.

Having really commited leaders (to peace) on both sides would also help, though the last Israeli PM who tried to really bring about peace was assassinated.
I doubt a conflict like that would've caused more general misery than it has currently. Like I said, a conflict this deep can only go on and on until one side is eliminated. These people have been killing each other for centuries, what good is intervention going to do?

View PostCJ, on 3 Sep 2010, 21:11, said:

I thought I'd never see someone else than an Arab ever saying that. And the most disgusting thing is that every time the Israeli army attacks a city, French news for instance don't even talk about that, but merely publishes some documentaries about what the Jews endured during WWII so that people feel bad for them and don't criticize their use of violence.
In fact if there was a single ethnicity which could understand what Palestinians are enduring now, it's the Jews themselves...
No, I agree as well. I think anyone who thinks Jews are some kind of peace-loving nation are blind or blinded by the Holocaust. I'm not saying the Palestinians are sweethearts, they commit atrocities just as bad. I don't really see why the media sometimes make the Jews look like the sole victims while in fact both sides are victims AND aggressors, that's all.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 20:52

View PostChyros, on 3 Sep 2010, 17:54, said:

Uhm... 1945.

View PostChyros, on 3 Sep 2010, 17:54, said:

View PostCJ, on 3 Sep 2010, 18:23, said:

Yeah, like when everybody tried wiping Israel of the map the day it was founded. Trying to wipe people out is kinda In in the ME it seems. Like Hamas trying to wipe out Israel, too.

View PostShirou, on 3 Sep 2010, 18:28, said:

You should see what a total of 800 (!) isreali did to Hebron, a 160.000 palestinian city. They claim the city because ''Abraham claimed it 4000 years ago so it's ours'' and settled in the city centre. They need their army to protect them and subsequently every palestinian has been rooted out of the centre, which is now a dead zone, a mere shadow of the busy hub it once was.
The issue that the Association for Civil Rights in Israel and Israeli Information Center for Civil Rights in the Occupied Territories protested against?

View PostShirou, on 3 Sep 2010, 18:28, said:

Such shitty arrogance and disgusting religious attitude is what's fuelling Isreali all over the country to continue colonizing, and this has, as Squigpie said, been going on for decades and decades. No, really, the palestinians are not going to settle this by the smile of Hillary Clinton.
Pretty much the same can be said about the reverse constellation. Which means... exactly what? No one is innocent in this conflict, but unless both can settle for a stable solution, both cultures will perish.

View PostChyros, on 3 Sep 2010, 20:30, said:

I doubt a conflict like that would've caused more general misery than it has currently. Like I said, a conflict this deep can only go on and on until one side is eliminated. These people have been killing each other for centuries, what good is intervention going to do?
Stabilize the region by establishing international prosecution in order to rid both sides form the "need" to "secure" their existence with force, thereby reducing the hardliners' influence, allowing for actual peace talks from a stable position without having to fear being wiped out at the first sign of weakness. While personal hatred is a major factor in the ongoing conflict, the political problem are the hardliners playing on people's fears - for them, fighting and violence means even more power, so they will be pushing against peace whenever possible.

Edited by Golan, 03 September 2010 - 21:46.

Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#19 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 21:37

I find it hilarious that I got a warning for (unseriously) blaming the lack of smashed Fords on the jews. But this thread contains so much hatred for the poor folks that Hitler would be proud.

It's got nothing to do with Muslims/Jews, it's got something to do with Isreal/Palestine. Stop refering to "Jews" all the time and call them "Isrealians" please?

No, I'm not saying they are innocent, But some of you seem to believe that jew=isrealian=horrible monster.

But I agree that it's a bad thing that the media keep padding them on the head all the time.

Edited by SquigPie, 03 September 2010 - 21:40.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#20 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 22:17

View PostSquigPie, on 3 Sep 2010, 22:37, said:

I find it hilarious that I got a warning for (unseriously) blaming the lack of smashed Fords on the jews. But this thread contains so much hatred for the poor folks that Hitler would be proud.
Your post in LPTPW was base, crude and about as 4chan as you can get. Consider yourself lucky you only got a verbal there.

Please point out where the hatred is?

View PostSquigPie, on 3 Sep 2010, 22:37, said:

It's got nothing to do with Muslims/Jews, it's got something to do with Isreal/Palestine. Stop refering to "Jews" all the time and call them "Isrealians" please?
The people of Israel did not exist during the holocaust, as state of Israel did not exist, so the only way to refer to Jewish people in the 1930's is to call them Jews. No one in this thread is referring to Israelis as Jews. Try and read the posts.

#21 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 22:59

View PostChyros, on 3 Sep 2010, 22:30, said:

I think anyone who thinks Jews are some kind of peace-loving nation are blind or blinded by the Holocaust. I'm not saying the Palestinians are sweethearts, they commit atrocities just as bad. I don't really see why the media sometimes make the Jews look like the sole victims while in fact both sides are victims AND aggressors, that's all.

View PostShirou, on 3 Sep 2010, 20:28, said:

Such shitty arrogance and disgusting religious attitude

Here's a few examples.

But anyway, I'm tired as shit and may or may not be hallucinating. So I'm just gonna head to bed, I think I'm gonna leave this discussion, since it seems to be rilling everyone (including me) up. So goodnight.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#22 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 23:48

View PostChyros, on 3 Sep 2010, 21:30, said:

View PostCJ, on 3 Sep 2010, 21:11, said:

No, I agree as well. I think anyone who thinks Jews are some kind of peace-loving nation are blind or blinded by the Holocaust. I'm not saying the Palestinians are sweethearts, they commit atrocities just as bad. I don't really see why the media sometimes make the Jews look like the sole victims while in fact both sides are victims AND aggressors, that's all.

The Hamas is a bunch of retards, no one can deny that, but I don't think they're that much of aggressors. Basically they're defending their rights because they know that negotiations won't lead them anywhere when the other side is backstabbing them all the time. Not to mention the fact that they barely killed a single Israeli, their attacks are more to try and intimidate (unless they have started using real weapons lately, I didn't follow the news after all...)

#23 AZZKIKR

I am sarcastic and evil

• Project Leader
  • 2215 posts
  • Projects: beta tester of world at war cnc and situation zero concept art

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:00

Well if i may give deviate soem information about the mid east peace process.

Israel is the only nuclear power in the entire middle east, with an inventory size of around a 100 nukes, which the israelis have always denied of existence. The fact that Iran's nuclear ambitions started off by the Shah, and back then, the west supported Iran. ISrael has the power to attack Iran, but it does not want to. Afterall, Iran houses the 2nd largest Jewish Population in the middle east, which is protected under the Ayatollahs, who made a clear distinction between Jew, and Israeli. In fact, the minorities in Iran are repesented in parliament, and the Iranian presidents before Ahmadinejad have always embraced PErsian jews, suc as Khatami who had visited Synanouges.
Plus, Ahmadinejad was said to be misinterpeted. He didnt want to "wipe out Israel" apparently, but due to the persian language, he meant "Israel should not have existed" if i recall correctly.

Saying the PAlestinean and Israeli conflict as a Muslim and Jewish conflict is very misinterpreted. For the palestineans have a sizeable arab chrsitian as well as arab jewish population,. of which the group BLACK SEPTEMBER, was a secular arab nationalist group, who massacred the Israeli athletes at Munich. The operation name wad the name of 2 arab christian villages in plestine.
Posted Image
Posted Image
RIP CommanderJB

#24 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:00

View PostSquigPie, on 3 Sep 2010, 23:37, said:

No, I'm not saying they are innocent, But some of you seem to believe that jew=isrealian=horrible monster.

But I agree that it's a bad thing that the media keep padding them on the head all the time.

Forgive me for lacking the respect to be politically correct, but my aversion isn't based on the Jewish people themselves, rather anyone who uses his religion or ideology and other irrational nonsensical arguments to claim superiority over other people.

In that respect, extremist muslim = colonist jew = same fucking shit. (and mind the adjectives there, I'm not generalizing). Claiming, be it lives, land or property, just because your 'God' tells you you are right, well yeah lets not go there. The two sides of the conflict are equally bad, concluding.

@Squigpie, why do you start worrying and even throwing in silly comparisons to Hitler when someone actually points out the bad side of the, ahum, Isreali people. You sound just like all the Holocaust panic buttons out there. As soon as Isreal starts to get critique everyone is a right winger. Blah.

Edited by Shirou, 04 September 2010 - 11:09.

Posted Image

#25 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 12:10

View PostShirou, on 4 Sep 2010, 13:00, said:

In that respect, extremist muslim = colonist jew = same fucking shit. (and mind the adjectives there, I'm not generalizing). Claiming, be it lives, land or property, just because your 'God' tells you you are right, well yeah lets not go there. The two sides of the conflict are equally bad, concluding.
Exactly the way I feel about it.

Squig said:

Well, this is typically the kind of remark that I'd put in the category of:

me said:

I think anyone who thinks Jews are some kind of peace-loving nation are blind or blinded by the Holocaust.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users