Hey guys!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:11

So yeah. I haven't posted in here in awhile. Why? Well, that's because I've been busy preparing for, moving to, and actually doing, college.

Yes, that's right. I moved in a week ago and have been pretty busy over it for pretty much the past month. So far, so good, though. More details when I'm not so sick that my mind won't work right.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:19

Glad to hear you're fine and about, usa~ It must suck to live in dorms, if what I'm thinking of is correct :/ Take some pictures of your to-be-messy room!
Posted Image

#3 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:40

I never really understood why you're required to live at university, but anyway.

Best of luck, old friend.

Posted Image

#4 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:09

Wooo drunken college parties!

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#5 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:06

View PostAlias, on 5 Sep 2010, 6:40, said:

I never really understood why you're required to live at university, but anyway.

Best of luck, old friend.

It encourages independence, helps with networking if everyone is in the same boat. Lets you learn how to look after yourself.

Best of luck with it mate, most fun I had in my life.

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:09

Best years of your life in 3....2.....1....... :/

Enjoy it mate!

#7 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:36

Holy shit, it's Foxhound!

Have fun mate, university is super awesome ;D . What's it you're going to study?

Also, Dauth: I'd say independence and learning how to look after yourself is exactly what it doesn't really learn you compared to living on your own :/ .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:42

View PostChyros, on 5 Sep 2010, 11:36, said:

Holy shit, it's Foxhound!

Have fun mate, university is super awesome ;D . What's it you're going to study?

Also, Dauth: I'd say independence and learning how to look after yourself is exactly what it doesn't really learn you compared to living on your own :/ .

Depends how your system works. In the UK most students for the first year live in student accomodation, either catered or self catered. After the first year most students move into rented accomodation, so you are then responsible for everything bills ect. I would say thats a pretty good way to learn independence / how to look after yourself.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 05 September 2010 - 17:47

! Well, well, well, look what the hunting party dragged in. A Fox (no, no, you silly lads, not Megan Fox). Off to college, eh? Which University was foolish enough to grant you access? 8|
Posted Image

#10 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 05 September 2010 - 17:58

Actually I find it weird that some US universities force you to live in a dorm. When I was in McGill I chose to live in a dorm so that I could get used to independence step by step. Hope you'll find college most enjoyable Foxhound.
Posted Image

#11 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 21:33

I'm not forced to live in a dorm (hell, it's close enough I could probably just commute if I didn't have to deal with horrible traffic both ways) but it certainly isn't a bad option.

As for my major, it's computer science. Thinking about minoring in psychology because the subject interests me so far.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 05 September 2010 - 21:46

Neurocomputing is something I would eventually like to tap into 8|
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users