R3ven's Artwork Thread

6 replies to this topic

#1 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 23:45

Since I'm looking for any feedback(read: constructive criticism). I honestly don't mind how terribly bad or stupid my artwork(only models atm) is, just please give me some information on how I could improve it.

Got three renders to start the thread with.

Posted Image

Just a random tank turret I made. No tank body, just a turret.

Posted Image

A bunker I made(not good) with a test reflective plane under it.

Posted Image
1440x900 version

A model I just made like, 10 minutes ago. Comprised of only one object, and the first model I've ever put a render template on.

#2 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 08 September 2010 - 23:47

You seem to have your head round the basics, but expand out and make a full model with a lot more detail

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts
  • Projects: I'm with the Mapper Guild Projects

Posted 08 September 2010 - 23:49

These are not bad, trust me you should have seen my first model of a turret for C&C 3, it was awful. All I can say (this is what I did for my self) keep practicing and think of detail, but not too much detail. May I ask, how did you get your renders like that?

Edited by Umbrella Secrets, 08 September 2010 - 23:51.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 23:57

View PostPav:3d, on 8 Sep 2010, 19:47, said:

You seem to have your head round the basics, but expand out and make a full model with a lot more detail

I guess now is a time I should mention that I've been trying to model for 2 years, on and off :confused: Thanks |8

View PostUmbrella Secrets, on 8 Sep 2010, 19:49, said:

These are not bad, trust me you should have seen my first model of a turret for C&C 3, it was awful. All I can say (this is what I did for my self) keep practicing and think of detail, but not too much detail. May I ask, how did you get your renders like that?

I clay rendered them. Add a skylight onto your scene, lay down a white plane. Go to Render -> Advanced Lighting, and select light tracer. Then just render away.

#5 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 17:21

Bump.

Got bored today so I extracted the Soviet Crane mesh from RA3 and it was pretty bugged, but I fixed it. Pic:

Posted Image

#6 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 06 November 2010 - 18:32

Could you post a post of the original model to compare?

Right now I can't really see what you have done to it.
Posted Image

#7 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:35

That pretty much is the original model, I extracted it, it was pretty messy, so I spent a few hours fixing it up and rigging it for cooler ingame animations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users