4 replies to this topic

#1 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects: Private Map Contractor

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:07

Just A Few Questions:

1.) I Need A Team To Spawn And move to attack a base, but the team never spawns. So no attack...

2.) In A Skrimish game i need a "Player" To spawn and attack The Other Players. When The Team Spawns It doesnt attack,

3.) What In The World Is A Subroutine Script, and how i make them?
This place still exists?

#2 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:50

1 & 2) please elaborate your scripts. we can't found the problem if you don't give us the information about your codes.

3) Subroutine Scripts are the scripts that used by a unit/team at the time you call the script(s) to run. the IF condition will be checked when the script is called, not everytime.
for example, you make a subroutine "IF True THEN This team begin hunting" the team will not hunt when True, but when the script is called on the corresponding team/unit/other script (e.g. when the team is built). the script condition only added when you need to skip the subroutine action in certain condition.

to make a script a subroutine, when create a new script, tick the "Script is Subroutine" tickbox and untick the "Deactivate upon success" in the Script Properties tab.

Edit: CMIIW

Edited by n5p29, 20 September 2010 - 11:51.

#3 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 23:06

Thanks for the Subroutine Scripts part. :P

But, scrach #1,

#2, i just have a player on the "Player" screen to have it as an hostile player, but playing skrimish it doesnt attack me

Pics and scripts:

AI:
Posted Image

Human/Other AI:
Posted Image

*** IF ***
	True.
*** THEN ***
Team &#39;teamAttack&#39; attack anything in  area &#39;Attack Area B5&#39; <-- {I Go There}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When My team comes out of the plane the tanks an stuff just fall out with out a parashute... but the inf. come out fine

Here Are the Settings:
Posted ImagePosted Image

Script:
*** IF ***
	True.
*** THEN ***
  Spawn an instance of Team &#39;Commando Team&#39; at Waypoint &#39;Waypoint 2&#39;.

Edited by Genrail, 12 November 2010 - 23:22.

This place still exists?

#4 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:01

maybe they're using wrong parachute object?
The AmericaParachute only can contain unit with KindOf INFANTRY. the one that can carry the VEHICLE is LargeParachute.

maybe this can fix, put in a map.ini that alter the AmericaJetCargoPlane to use LargeParachute by default.

Object AmericaJetCargoPlane

ReplaceModule ModuleTag_09
  Behavior = DeliverPayloadAIUpdate ModuleTag_09a
	DoorDelay		 = 500
	MaxAttempts	   = 4
	DropOffset		= X&#58;0 Y&#58;0 Z&#58;-10
	DropDelay		 = 300&#59;500&#59; time in between each item dropped &#40;if more than one&#41;
	PutInContainer	= LargeParachute&#59;AmericaParachute  <-- so it can deliver vehicles too
	DeliveryDistance  = 150
  End
 End

Locomotor = SET_NORMAL B52Locomotor

End

#5 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 16:07

That fixes that, Thanks :P