Through My Lens

No replies to this topic

#1 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 20 September 2010 - 15:12

A long LONG overdue thread (many apologies Wiz 8|), here I'll finally be able to artistically contribute to these wonderful forums.

Most of the pics I'll be showing now are from the first week I acquired my camera and span a wide range of different types of photography (include point & shoot party shots which I didn't take since I was the birthday boy at the time)

First off some macro shots:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The first and last were taken with a Vivitar Series 1 70-210 f3.5 Macro zoom (old lens but pretty sharp). Got it off e-bay for about $30 with shipping. The middle two were taken using a Canon FDn 50mm 1.4 (I believe at f2.8) with the flash used as a fill light. The FDn lens cost about $60

Some shots from the Gorillaz concert back in July
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I used the AF kit lens in these shots but cropped to give the effect of zooming in closer (12 MP yay)

A nighttime shot of the moon nearing Eid
Posted Image

This was a tricky shot and I had two correct the exposure quite a bit in Lightroom since the sky was bright and the building was dark, but I'm satisfied with the result.

Finally some test portrait shots
Posted ImagePosted Image

First photo's background blur is nice and smooth thanks to the Canon lens. Well I don't think I need to talk too much more about the other photo 8|

Anyway, as I sift through the hundreds of photos I've taken and root out the lemons, I'll post more of those that can be salvaged and aren't too personal.

And I promise I'll try to keep this updated.

Edited by scope, 20 September 2010 - 17:45.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users