Red Alert Synergy

14 replies to this topic

#1 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:15

So over the course of the few weeks where I haven't posted any updates here, we reworked out a ton of ideas and posted a few renders and ingames.

First I'm gonna show off our first WIP render of our infamous commando, Yuri Prime.

Posted Image

Here's the Chaos Drone(render + ingame):

Posted Image

We've also gotten onto the Red Alert 3: Paradox wiki as a part of a community experiment between Paradox's leader and I. http://wiki.paradoxm...p?title=Synergy

On the wiki you will find a completely up-to-date listing of everything to do with the mod.

As well as these, we've also reworked and renamed some units. The Initiate, which doubles as the Psychic Legion's anti-infantry infantry unit and anti-vehicle(including anti-air), now does not have a switch mode ability, but rather, he can target a vehicle to fire a rocket at. The rocket will do more damage than a Javelin Soldier shot, but take 20 - 40 seconds to reload. While he is firing this rocket, he is unable to use his primary gun.

The Bowler, a rather unmentioned unit as-of-yet, has been renamed to the Reaver Light Assault Craft. The Reaver is a strictly naval vessel that has a front mounted cannon capable of attacking surfaced vessels and any ground vehicle close enough to the edge where land meets the water. It's ability is similar to the Initiate, yet different in what happens. The Reaver is a rather slow unit, and thus, can be escaped from easily. It's ability helps to counter that, in which it fires a special "Missile Mine" that latches onto the targeted vehicle and then detonates five seconds after attaching for some moderate splash damage. This may or may not have a cost per shot attached to it, it will depend on how balanced we find it once we get into the balancing phase.(Which honestly won't be for a LONG while)

The Construction yard, still untextured as of yet, has gone through a slight remake, due to the unfortunate loss of the model(we had an older version which we remade it with).

Posted Image

We've also remade the Citadel, as we found it extremely unattractive compared to all the good models already in the mod.

Posted Image

While we are on the topic of models, the Conveyor, an early game light infantry transport mounted with a shrapnel cannon, has also been modeled.

Posted Image

And on an unrelated, update wise, topic, I've gotten an AI started for the Psychic Legion, which is working ingame, and will definitely be in the first release. Not to say that will be anytime soon, mind you.

Well, I hope you guys had a good read from this, because lately, Synergy will be slowing down due to school kicking back up.

See you next update!

Edited by R3ven, 29 May 2011 - 17:05.

#2 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:52

Those are some very nice models you have there. Looking forward to the skins atm. As well as Yuri's head 8|
Posted Image

#3 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 17:19

Those models look good, but something about the skin on the drone doesn't seem to suit RA3 8|

#4 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 20:18

It's that time of the month again folks! End of the Month Article: September 2010!

Much of our work this month has been behind the scenes though we did reveal 3 models at the start of the month.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Naturally we've been getting back into the High School/College life style meaning mod time has been limited, though what time we have spent on synergy, we've been fixing code, finishing the unit list, making a few new models and most importantly, fixing textures to quintuple the quality. We have also put in 5 new team colors, Sky Blue, Brown, Pink, Grey, and Turquoise!

We can however reveal that Tiberian Fiend has made us a new 1v1 skirmish map, Open Solitude!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Well, this was a slow month on the update front there's no denying that, though hopefully within the next week we should be able to show off the new Allied Component Tower with all of it's upgrades, GAP, Patriot and Spectrum/Prism!

Here's a sneak preview of the component tower base.

Posted Image

To round off this month we have three links you may want to check out..

1) The Synergy section on the Paradox mod wiki. This includes tech lists for the Legion, updated Allied and Empire mechanics and much more!

2) Some of you were asking for a mass render post which I said I would do. Now I haven't done that here on our ModDB page since generally we would rather reserve it for "real" content. But to quell those of you who want to see them, you can find the partially completed gallery here. This is not a website for Synergy or any other mod. It is completely independent.

#5 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 16:54

Hey folks, us guys over here at Deception Studios are gearing back up again. 8|

First we have renders of some old favorites from the original Yuri's Revenge, the Floating Disk, Gatling Tank, and -of course- the Chaos Drone:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then we have a couple of new units that we ourselves created. The Aether and Conveyor:

Posted Image

Finally we have a new mysterious unit that was in no way influenced by C&C 4. But seriously now this is the Aether, Yuri's light and weak aircraft that is only any good in numbers! When it is, it can tear through armies like a swarm locusts that just happen to be mind controlled, bent on world domination and of course, firing lasers!

Posted Image

The Conveyor has been previously shown off, but we've made some changes, as well as added in a skin(don't mind in this render that it has current render, this has been remedied already)!

Posted Image

Meanwhile Open_Sketchbook from Red Alert 3: Paradox offered to help us with infantry and started off by sending us his concepts for Yuri's mentally unstable army!

Stay tuned for more updates commander!

#6 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:27

I hope this isn't considered necroing a topic, but we've got some updates for everyone!

Posted Image

One of our first structures, the Bio Reactor, has finally been finished(took us long enough, huh? :xD:). It even has a body floating up and down in the chamber!

This is the Kraken, an Anti-Naval, Anti-Structure Submersible Craft. It sports two lasers. Its secondary is to use its weapon in a sweeping fashion, dealing much more damage over a period of time, but disabling the weapon systems for a bit.

I hope you enjoyed this tiny update. See you on the battlefield.

EDIT:Removed picture since it was stretching my page, and took too long to load up.

Edited by R3ven, 29 May 2011 - 17:05.

#7 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 18:20

the bio reactor looks very small :xD: wouldn't the traditional yuri's revenge look be better?

apart from that, everything looks well though i'd like to see a better view of the kraken.
it's time to wake up

#8 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 20:09

Posted Image

Wish granted!

#9 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:13

Why not add the old Boomer?
Posted Image

#10 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 19:48

Because we aren't remaking Red Alert 2. If you want RA2:YR on a next gen engine, the mod is on this forum.

#11 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 17:04

Posted Image

It's been almost a year since we first made our Synergy debut and almost 2 years since I(SighNapse) personally became involved in bringing Yuri into Red Alert 3. In that time we've gone through a lot of trial and a lot of error with design, style and faction direction. This time we have cracked it.

All of the unit lists and features prior to the Bio Reactor render are now obsolete, as are the various features we've posted
detailing the faction direction and lists. We'll be posting revised ones when we've thoroughly gone through all of our ideas and proposals.

As a new taste of the art style, we've posted 7 renders, 1 everyday, of the new Yuri goodies. We can't promise daily updates throughout the whole of the summer push on this mod, however we do hope to deliver frequent ones.

We're in the middle of a large amount of remodels(all of these are ingame already, we've just been posting one per day), so have a good look at our first 7 released renders:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally, we're hosting a Q&A for Synergy, if you have a question about Synergy be it about the mod itself (e.g. Will Yuri have...), or our attitudes towards the mod (e.g. Which unit do you...) then post it in a comment or send either SighNapse or R3ven a PM on ModDB. The deadline for questions is Saturday June 4th.

#12 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 29 May 2011 - 17:16

Which of the Yuri units will be making a full return? In example, the Brute and the Master Mind where pretty iconic units for Yuri.
Posted Image

#13 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 15:48

This a demonstration of the distortion effects on some of our structures.

#14 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 16:43

Here's another short video showing off some Mind Control action.

#15 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 20:48

Posted Image

Week 3 and we're still pushing on through, while still making good(caution: very subjective) content.

This week we remodeled the "Whiplash" Light Tank and the Gatling Tank.

Posted Image
Posted Image

We also recreated the Grinder from Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge to help with mind controlled units that you no longer wish to have, although the Crusher Crane no longer scraps units for the Soviets, this being part due to remove a certain strategy and because it was hardly ever used. To help with balance it only recycles 50% of the units original cost, although this may change to 25% depending on how balance goes.

Posted Image

I will post a blog later this week about how the new Mind Control works, hopefully we can make a new video of it sometime soon, but we're not yet sure if we will.

Updates might slow down a little bit because of college, but never fear, we will still be able to update, just not as often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users