The Fallout Studio headphones thread!

74 replies to this topic

#51 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:17

The first pair of half decent headphones I bought was a pair of Audio Technica clip-ons, it is still working to this day. I bought it when I was 11, so yea, it lasted long.

Maybe you can try a pair of Yuin?
http://www.iheadphon...n-g2a-2831.html
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#52 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 19:50

So I finally busted my old logitech 350 headset the other day, and I need a new headset or headphones/microphone combination.

Reading the other posts on this thread it looks like you guys would recommend the combination. I'm looking to spend around $100 total on whatever I end up buying. I looked into the AD700, and it might be a little large for my tastes, as I use a laptop and travel a fair amount. I may end up buying some big headphones like those, but could you guys recommend some alternatives? No in-ear phones please. |8

Cool thread you got here guys, and thanks in advance for your help.
8|

Edited by Ghostrider, 16 May 2011 - 19:51.

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#53 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 20:42

You could try out some Denon D1001 or the newer Denon D1100, they are rather bassy, but aren't massive. If you can find one, the Audio Techinica WS70 is better sound quality wise and have a more balanced presentation, but are less comfy than the Denons. If you are using a laptop, just use the built in mic.

Edited by ΓΛPTΘΓ, 16 May 2011 - 20:44.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

#54 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:06

Thanks for the recommendation Raptor, I ended up buying the ws70 for $100 on amazon (expo's price, normally $150).

And my laptop mic is about as shitty as a dog turd, so I'm probably going to buy a logitech USB mic.

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#55 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 21 May 2011 - 00:02

After just over a year of heavy use the headphones I got with my iPod are pretty much dead, so what do the experts recommend? I guess I don't mind spending up to about £30.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:10

I really can't recommend anything under £30, they just don't worth paying for at all for the build quality and sound. Best I will recommend is the RE0, you can get it from the UK dealer for £59.99 shipped so you don't have to worry about import tax. I really can't think of anything exceptional at that price.

http://www.ampcity.co.uk/headphones-iems/h...headphones.html

If you don't need isolation from noise, get this instead:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-51EF0060A...9722&sr=8-1

There are ones at £39.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

#57 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:18

Look I found the normal iPod headphones quite satisfactory, I know sacriledge right? I'm also not looking for big headphones, earbuds will do fine. And seriously, learn to read. I said under £30, not £60.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:29

View PostIon Cannon!, on 21 May 2011, 13:18, said:

Look I found the normal iPod headphones quite satisfactory, I know sacriledge right? I'm also not looking for big headphones, earbuds will do fine. And seriously, learn to read. I said under £30, not £60.

I did say I cannot find anything not crap at £30, recommended a £39 pair but you didn't say about only earbuds.

There £30, not the best sound, but good built quality with metal construction.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-HA-FX300-T-Qua...20&sr=1-121
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

#59 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:36

You see, thats more helpful, thankyou. And yes I should have said it was buds, mind is on the fritz at the moment.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 19:06

View PostΓΛPTΘΓ, on 29 Apr 2011, 5:17, said:

The first pair of half decent headphones I bought was a pair of Audio Technica clip-ons, it is still working to this day. I bought it when I was 11, so yea, it lasted long.

Well, I finally ordered them a couple of days ago, and they arrived today.

So far, so good; they haven't fallen to pieces yet. |8

Sound quality doesn't seem much different, although maybe a bit clearer (although I've only used them outside, I might notice more of a difference in a quite environment). Seem to be much lighter than my old ones, which is a bonus, and they look pretty good to. 8|

Thanks for the suggestion. :xD:

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#61 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 19:53

View PostBob, on 1 Jun 2011, 20:06, said:

So far, so good; they haven't fallen to pieces yet. |8

Sound quality doesn't seem much different, although maybe a bit clearer (although I've only used them outside, I might notice more of a difference in a quite environment). Seem to be much lighter than my old ones, which is a bonus, and they look pretty good to. 8|

Thanks for the suggestion. :xD:

Well the Koss KSC75 you hard previously aren't piss poor headphones, so as the price are barely different you might not notice much. However the build on the Yuin seems to be pretty good, at least last time when I tried the Yuin G1A (the £90 version, at that price I rather have some Audio-Technica EW9) but seeing they seems to look the same outside, I guess it should be around the same toughness. It should last pretty long if you take some care of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

#62 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 15:14

I've decided to start looking for some good low to mid-range headphones since my old Logitech ones are really showing their age (sometimes it sounds like it's a mile away).
I need one that has decent audio quality and usable for ingame banter (I had to yell into the microphone for it to work.
Any good suggestions?

Edited by Krieger22, 23 July 2011 - 15:17.

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

#63 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 15:15

AD700.

Posted Image

#64 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:57

Give us a budget, it will make it far easier to recommend you anything.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

#65 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:04

My budget would be up to RM 700 (Malaysian prices).

Sareen said:

#66 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 16:10

Audio Technica AD700 fits right in that price. It is hard to recommend anything better at this price for the money and the purpose, unless you require isolation.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

#67 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 13:21

My request fell through, goddammit.

Now I'm looking for a pair of headphones in the RM300 range.

Sareen said:

#68 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 14:01

Push it a little more and get the AD700.

Posted Image

#69 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 00:35

In other related news, I am probably looking into getting a new pair of heaphones soon, as my old ones have (eventually) died after 2 years of solid use.

I would basically be looking at an in-ear model (I prefer the fit) and would be looking at spending between £50-£100. Alias, Raptor; the floor is yours :D

(oh, and I've been looking at the BeyerDynamic DTX101 iE, are they any good?)

Edited by AJ, 01 September 2011 - 00:37.

For there can be no death without life.

#70 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:34

RE0
http://www.ampcity.c...headphones.html

(first result on Google, Raptor will probably know a better UK retailer)

It'll be cheapest to buy from their website, if you're willing to wait:
http://www.head-dire...detail.php?p=38

Edited by Alias, 01 September 2011 - 02:38.

Posted Image

#71 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 13:26

View PostAlias, on 01 September 2011 - 02:34, said:

RE0
http://www.ampcity.c...headphones.html

(first result on Google, Raptor will probably know a better UK retailer)

It'll be cheapest to buy from their website, if you're willing to wait:
http://www.head-dire...detail.php?p=38

I think ampcity is the only RE0 reseller in UK, I have bought stuff from them before and met the staff at this year's Head-Fi meet, I doubt they will do anything funny. If still not feeling safe enough, you can buy from their amazon store.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

#72 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 14:03

Very very very late thanks btw, got a pair of them and they're absolutely awesome.

In other news, I'm also looking for a headset now, so the headphone/mic combo is a definite requirement. Preferably something comfy too, as my previous set, whilst nice, has a habit of hurting my ears after a while. Sound reproduction is not something I'm massively bothered about, so I'm just looking for a decent pair, not a £300 Bang & Oulfsen or whatever's good these days. Something more along the £50-£100 region would do me nicely though :D
For there can be no death without life.

#73 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:00

View PostΓΛPTΘΓ, on 01 June 2011 - 19:53, said:

View PostBob, on 1 Jun 2011, 20:06, said:

So far, so good; they haven't fallen to pieces yet. ;P

Sound quality doesn't seem much different, although maybe a bit clearer (although I've only used them outside, I might notice more of a difference in a quite environment). Seem to be much lighter than my old ones, which is a bonus, and they look pretty good to. :D

Thanks for the suggestion. Posted Image

Well the Koss KSC75 you hard previously aren't piss poor headphones, so as the price are barely different you might not notice much. However the build on the Yuin seems to be pretty good, at least last time when I tried the Yuin G1A (the £90 version, at that price I rather have some Audio-Technica EW9) but seeing they seems to look the same outside, I guess it should be around the same toughness. It should last pretty long if you take some care of it.

Well... my first pair of Yuin headphones, one of the clips snapped, I initially thought this was to do with me falling of my bike (as it snapped 10 minutes later when I tried to put them on), however I am now starting to doubt that. I bought a replacement pair under 3 months ago, and the clip has snapped again, in exactly the same place (and on the same side, so I can't even swap the clip from the old pair :duh:). I'm probably gonna try and get my money back, but in the mean time, I'm looking for another pair of headphones.

My criteria is pretty much the same, clip-on over ear headphones, and I'm willing to pay around about £50. I may also be looking to get a cheap pair as well, as a backup. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... and the sooner the better, only have one ear phone on at work wore pretty thin pretty quickly. D;

Edited by Bob, 19 January 2012 - 20:04.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#74 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:14

If they are still breaking, I will really recommend you to stop using clip-on headphones. Some more expensive Audio Technica model does feature titanium case and metal arm of some sort but a simple pair of IEMs with no moving parts will cause less problems, imo.

View PostAJ, on 28 December 2011 - 14:03, said:

Very very very late thanks btw, got a pair of them and they're absolutely awesome.

In other news, I'm also looking for a headset now, so the headphone/mic combo is a definite requirement. Preferably something comfy too, as my previous set, whilst nice, has a habit of hurting my ears after a while. Sound reproduction is not something I'm massively bothered about, so I'm just looking for a decent pair, not a £300 Bang & Oulfsen or whatever's good these days. Something more along the £50-£100 region would do me nicely though :D

It seems that I have missed it over the busy holidays. Is the headset only for gaming and gaming only?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

#75 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 20:24

This is the only headphones that the clip has broken on them, so it really isn't anything to do with them being clip-ons. :/

EDIT: Was just trying a long-shot and seeing of Yuin sold replacement clips, and I came across this post, just so happens that those are the exact 2 headphones I have and the Koss clips do fit. :o So guess I'll give this ago... they're not quite as comfortable, but they should last a bit longer as they are metal clips rather than plastic.

Edited by Bob, 19 January 2012 - 20:50.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users