Orange Skin

24 replies to this topic

Poll: Fallout Orange Mark II (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like it?

1. Yes (19 votes [90.48%])

Percentage of vote: 90.48%

2. No (2 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

What should we do?

1. It should replace FS Orange Mark I (7 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Stay as an optional choice (14 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. Redundant, get rid of it. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 16:56

All this chat about the SCIENCEology skin and whatnot in LPTPW has reminded me that we have a replacement/additional orange skin lurking around (it's been lurking for nearly a year tbh). There were plenty of arguments amongst the admins as to whether or not we needed it/wanted it. So having spent hours on the damn thing, we'll let you decide.

I'll make it available to y'all, you tell me if you want it to stay and

• either replace the current orange skin, or
  • leave it as an additional one
  • get rid of it as it's horrible/redundant

#2 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 17:00

Can't remember what my original point of view was (so long ago :))... but personally, I think v2 is much better than the first, and personally wouldn't mind seeing it replace the first. I can completely understand if people would prefer to keep both though...
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 17:02

I've always had it on while I was Admin. I really like it. Have you guys changed anything since then?
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 17:03

Nothing, although I will be making the javascript change later on tonight, and I remember there is an error page that needs recolouration. But it's ultimately the same as it was before you retired.

#5 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 01 November 2010 - 17:08

Im a fan, the background is easier on the eyes

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 17:09

I'll definitely keep using the original orange skin.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#7 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 01 November 2010 - 17:31

Definitely better than the v1, however I'm sticking to the science skin atm :)

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#8 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 03 November 2010 - 00:34

I like the color gradients more for sure. Replace V1. However I like the white theme for now :)

edit: that said, i think the buttons for replying, quoting, etc could be a little thicker and I'd like to see the "carbon fiber" effect return in the background

edit2: also in the MMO skin, can we replace the Nuke signs? they feel out of place :P

Edited by Prof. Scope, 03 November 2010 - 00:39.

Posted Image

#9 Slye_Fox

FOXTec Leader

• Project Leader
  • 2351 posts
  • Projects: CnC: Condition Red, Sigma Invasion, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:19

I've been using it since it was added.

Also, slight request;
Can the SCIENCE bit be removed from the sub forum names please.
Posted Image

#10 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:13

View PostSlye_Fox, on 2 Nov 2010, 20:19, said:

I've been using it since it was added.

Also, slight request;
Can the SCIENCE bit be removed from the sub forum names please.

Seconded. It's been going on longer then it should be.
Formerly Sobek

#11 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:49

Thirded.

Anyway, I always use the blue skin, I see no reason to remove the orange one though.

Edited by SquigPie, 03 November 2010 - 06:50.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#12 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:53

One thing needs to be fixed with the V2, the original has the error boxes in orange/grey like the rest of the skin but in the V2 they are red.

Posted Image

#13 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:22

When clicking on the post, the day and month is covered with white, while the year still shows.
Anyways, I really like the new skin, although I'll be sticking at the SCIENCE atm. :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:18

View PostMegatron, on 3 Nov 2010, 6:53, said:

One thing needs to be fixed with the V2, the original has the error boxes in orange/grey like the rest of the skin but in the V2 they are red.

Actually, the original is wrong, as that was never what I planned to have. Warnings were designed to red in mark II.

And @ SCIENCE Skin, why so serious? :P

#15 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:19

Imma avid used of Orange V1 ever since the removal of the old Soviet skin.

No offense on whoever made the other skins but this one seems to be the best on my eyes. I dont see anything wrong with this one and I really dont see a reason why would you actually ditch it?
Posted Image

#16 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:33

For the longest time I had used the blue skin, that is, until the MMORPG skin came around. At any rate, I honestly have never been too keen on the orange skin. However, there seems to be a good number of members that like the skin, so I believe it should stay around as an option.

Edited by Dr. Nuker, 03 November 2010 - 12:34.

Posted Image

#17 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:55

View PostDr.Wizard, on 3 Nov 2010, 23:18, said:

Actually, the original is wrong, as that was never what I planned to have. Warnings were designed to red in mark II.
How is it "wrong" to have everything matching?

To me, it makes zero sense to have one part of the skin which doesn't match the rest as a whole. :P

Posted Image

#18 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 13:01

View PostMegatron, on 3 Nov 2010, 12:55, said:

To me, it makes zero sense to have one part of the skin which doesn't match the rest as a whole. :P

There is nothing wrong with having it matching, however mark II wasn't intended to have matching colouration for the warnings. It is supposed to be red. Consider it a design decision.

View PostDoctor Rai, on 3 Nov 2010, 10:22, said:

When clicking on the post, the day and month is covered with white, while the year still shows.
I have no idea what you're talking about here. A screen shot would help :)

Edited by Dr.Wizard, 03 November 2010 - 15:45.

#19 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 17:44

Wait, Mk2 is the version you originally designed before the orange one we've had for so long?

I do like it, but I prefer the traditional Orange skin I've been using since you introduced it, I'm just far more used to it, although that's just me. I dont see why you should ditch the skin though. Can't you just keep both versions?
Posted Image

#20 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 18:01

View PostDr. Nuker, on 3 Nov 2010, 13:33, said:

For the longest time I had used the blue skin, that is, until the MMORPG skin came around. At any rate, I honestly have never been too keen on the orange skin. However, there seems to be a good number of members that like the skin, so I believe it should stay around as an option.

Didn't know you where an avid MMO'er Nooka, Or do you just like the skin? (somehow, that sounded reeeeeeally creepy)

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#21 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 18:41

View PostDeathscythe, on 3 Nov 2010, 17:44, said:

Wait, Mk2 is the version you originally designed before the orange one we've had for so long?

Mark II is how I should've designed Mark I and is far more like how I wanted Mark I to be than it actually is. The original orange skin was my first attempt and, from a personal retrospective, not of a suitable quality. I am very pleased it's both used and liked, don't get me wrong, but Mark II is my preference.

I asked if it should be removed, as with most people whose art skills evolve with time, they don't like their older stuff. If peeps want it kept, that is fine with me.

#22 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 00:05

Wow, after using the Fallout Orange V1 Skin for so long, the V2 Skin looks amazing to me.

(still wish you guys would put the soviet skin back though...)

#23 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:03

I normally use the MMO skin, as it is easy on the eyes. This is not too bad, I like it a lot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#24 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 13:38

View PostDr.Wizard, on 3 Nov 2010, 21:01, said:

View PostMegatron, on 3 Nov 2010, 12:55, said:

There is nothing wrong with having it matching, however mark II wasn't intended to have matching colouration for the warnings. It is supposed to be red. Consider it a design decision.

View PostDoctor Rai, on 3 Nov 2010, 10:22, said:

I have no idea what you're talking about here. A screen shot would help :)

Was thinking about that before posting, but sadly I forgot how I convert screen shots to pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 13:43

Ok, well there are enough responses to make a decision. As it stands I'll leave everything exactly the way it is now, ie., that you see and access Mark I and II :)

Appreciate the input peoples.

Rai, if get a chance let me know by PM where exactly you're seeing this issue please :D

:P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users