The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

56 replies to this topic

#51 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:59

View PostMbob61, on 21 Apr 2011, 1:57, said:

From reading that, it sounds like a lot more steamlined version of Oblivion.
My only real worry about what I have read their is that cutting the attributes from 10 to 3 might make them a bit simple.
Other than that, I'm very excited!

Mike

Well cutting attributes isn't there to make it simple, it's there to try to give you more choice throughout the game instead of having to decide exactly what you want to be in the game in a dodgy start sequence.

Here is a 20 Reasons list which is quite interesting |8
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#52 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 16:06

Some more interesting Skyrim details if anyone is interested :xD:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#53 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 16:26

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is pre-order now on Steam.

#54 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 14:31

If anyone is on the edge then this article from Rock Paper Shotgun is quite good. Referencing how Skyrim could be though of as a more polished Oblivion. This might be a good thing for us Oblivion fans, but I know the more 'hardcore' Morrowind guys won't be happy :/

RPS Chat-o-Think: Skyrim

I recently played three hours of Skyrim, and decided in my madness that the best way to document this was with three random anecdotes. Of course, if you weren’t interested in hypocritical vegetarianism, obsessively playing with the zombie spell or trying to pull off stealth crafting, those might not have given you the overall flavour of the game you’re after. So, let Jim be your proxy interrogator about the wider nature and feel of the fifth Elder Scrolls – y’know, combat, openness, voice acting, exploration, all that jazz…

Jim: I suppose my initial question has to be: how good an open world do you think it is going to be? Open worlds are very much my favourite thing in games, but good ones are SO rare! What’s the feeling here?
Alec: Well, it’s very important to observe that I was a low-level character so only encountered relatively piddling stuff – I don’t know what manner of strange beasts I’d encounter in my wanderings. But it was relatively comparable to the start of Oblivion, once you’re out of that lousy intro quest, and suddenly there’s the freedom to go anywhere.
Jim: Any sense of serious diversity? And also did you get to see anywhere particularly urban?
Alec: I spent quite a lot of time just wandering around, looking in a couple of dungeons, fighting some bandits hiding in ruins, bothering a fisherman sat in an island, peering at a town run by angry elves. O didn’t make it to a major city, no, mostly because I was too obsessed with making hats. But the best bit was getting almost to the top of one of the mountains, which takes quite a bit of trekking. I didn’t find any beasts up there, but the sight of Skyrim below me, through the clouds, was spectacular. Very much an ‘all this is yours, my son’ moment...

Read the rest here.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#55 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 15:41

Awwww yeah!

Edited by TheDR, 24 October 2011 - 15:42.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#56 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 21:20

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long while.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#57 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 13 November 2011 - 00:26

Just put a bucket on there heads and then do whatever you damn well please :xD:.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users