HD595 headphones problem

5 replies to this topic

#1 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:29

i have a small problem: i recently moved out and packed up all my stuff. now while opening a box with a cutter knife i accidentally made a clean cut through my HD595's cable :( the wire's not completely cut off, it still dangles somewhere in half. now here's the deal: since it's a clean cut the wires still touch each other, is there anyway i could repair the cable or simply tape over it? i haven't had a chance to test them yet but i'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with this.

help appreciated :)
it's time to wake up

#2 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:34

If it's clean cut how can they still be touching?

Posted Image

#3 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:37

by clean cut i meant that the cable doesn't look like its cut. you can barely see it but it's there. it's still attached by a piece of plastic from the wire though.
it's time to wake up

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:40

Usually "clean cut" means it's cut the whole way through without any evidence it was actually cut.

Back on topic, just test them out while flexing the cable around a bit. If it works fine without dropping one of the channels or a frequency it should be fine, just add a little bit of electrical tape to seal it up.

Edited by Alias, 27 November 2010 - 11:41.

Posted Image

#5 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 13:15

right, i'll try that |8

ps: keep in mind that English is not my first language :) it sounded correct to me.
it's time to wake up

#6 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:25

If the headphones have a standard headphone jack, you could try splicing the wires back together. I did it for an old pair of sony headphones I owned and it worked just fine.
I wouldn't advise it if the headphones are pricey, however. :xD:

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users