Fallout: New Vegas

11 replies to this topic

#1 WarMenace

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Tester
  • 624 posts
  • Projects: None.

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:25

Title pretty much sums it up. I want to buy it, but I know for a fact that there will be DLCs. And after looking at what happened to Fallout 3, it just really made me furious.

What I mean is: Should I buy it now and play its glory, OR, Wait it off and buy the game packaged with future DLC?
"Sup son? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" - dSeleCT. Team Dignitas.

#2 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:08

Why bother waiting? Are you only expecting to play it through once? 8|

I found it better than Fallout 3.

Posted Image

#3 AllStarZ

Pretentious Prick

• 7083 posts
  • Projects: Pricking around Pretentiously

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:35

Fallout New Vegas compared to Fallout 3

- Glitchier (like, a LOT glitchier and in some cases doing a quest or something the wrong way prevents you from completing it)
- Visuals may be iffy at times although the overall atmosphere seems improved
- Compelling story
- Better overall characterization
- A lot more side goodies
- More alternative options to complete various quests
- Better companions

Also, there will be DLCs, and they've already announced that the first one will be coming in December. Unfortunately, it will only be coming for the 360 at first (damn you Microsoft!).

My personal preference is to avoid the console versions because the PC version has mods and if you have a problem, you can sort it out using the command console. All things considered, it's probably the best option if you have a computer capable of running the game.

#4 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 13:29

Buy now 8|

I was going to hold off, but decided not to and loved the game. Its well worth it.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#5 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 01 December 2010 - 16:50

Don't wait, buy now, its a great game. I saw it for £15 on amazon as well, which is a steal.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 17:18

It was pretty awesome and more challenge than Fallout 3.

About DLC, it's only exclusive on XBox 360. But, I'm not sure when release PC and PS3 version.

#7 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 01 December 2010 - 17:48

I'm still want to make sure the game actually runs without freezing/crashing every 15-30 minutes like Fallout 3 does now. I hate to spend 50 euros on a game that doesn't run properly.
FWIW: FO3 doesn't work properly because I have a quadcore processor. Quite common bug with the Oblivion engine from what I heard...
Posted Image

#8 WarMenace

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Tester
  • 624 posts
  • Projects: None.

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:16

Unfortunately, my computer in a state that it is now will not support New Vegas, so I'm stuck with the Xbox.

So, I'd like to see the DLC first... then maybe if it's cheap and worth it, I'll buy it along with the game. In the meantime though, my friend told me to get Fable 3, but I have never played the Fable series and I feel like I'll miss it's storyline if I just buy 3. I don't have the money, so should I get the first 2 or get the latest and get caught up?
"Sup son? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" - dSeleCT. Team Dignitas.

#9 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:35

About Fallout New Vegas crashing, for me it did crash couple of times but it didnt as much as Fallout 3. It did it only after i've played more than 2 hours straight, but surely it crash about 80% less than F3.
As for bugs, i didn't find any game stopping ones, only some minor dog eye's floating beside em, and some mob's inside rocks etc.
I've heard that after latest patch, there are huge number bug's fixes which makes FNV even more "stable", i haven't tried it after that patch, already played it two times over.

Too bad this bug was fixed: 8|

But i agree to those people saying before me that buy it now, don't wait (or if you know that some huge sale is coming) loved the game.
Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
________________________________________________________________________________
My greatest weapon is my knowledge.... And laser beam eyes.

#10 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:15

Wow that's...freaky 8|
Posted Image

#11 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 02 December 2010 - 13:48

View PostDutchygamer, on 1 Dec 2010, 17:48, said:

I'm still want to make sure the game actually runs without freezing/crashing every 15-30 minutes like Fallout 3 does now. I hate to spend 50 euros on a game that doesn't run properly.
FWIW: FO3 doesn't work properly because I have a quadcore processor. Quite common bug with the Oblivion engine from what I heard...

Its been very stable for me, 3 crashes in about 80 hours gametime and no major bugs and few minor ones. But I do have a dual core processor.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 17:00

[quote name='Magma' post='825658' date='2 Dec 2010, 10:35']About Fallout New Vegas crashing, for me it did crash couple of times but it didnt as much as Fallout 3. It did it only after i've played more than 2 hours straight, but surely it crash about 80% less than F3.
As for bugs, i didn't find any game stopping ones, only some minor dog eye's floating beside em, and some mob's inside rocks etc.
I've heard that after latest patch, there are huge number bug's fixes which makes FNV even more "stable", i haven't tried it after that patch, already played it two times over.

Too bad this bug was fixed: 8|

But i agree to those people saying before me that buy it now, don't wait (or if you know that some huge sale is coming) loved the game.[/quote]LOOOOL :P

I haven't had that particular one, but I've had many little things, and the game is slightly unstable as well.

I have to say though, if you only played FO3 once and then left it, you may want to skip NV. Personally, though I found FO3 a fantastic game, it was kind of over for me when I finished it. NV similarly is kind of over for me even though I've only just started. So if you're on for replayability, you might want to give it a miss, despite NV being better than FO3 in basically every way, as it's not that new.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users