Jump to content


End of the Line


14 replies to this topic

#1 Henford

    Visitor

  • Project Leader
  • 35 posts
  • Projects: CNC Fallout

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:13



With barely a moment's warning, this Australian outpost is vaporised by a Soviet Nuclear Missile!
Posted Image

Henford
CNC Fallout Mod Leader


cncfallout.falloutstudios.net

#2 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:51

Pretty nice, though I think the mushroom cloud should continue to rise, the colour change between the inverted shockwave and the stem is also a bit abrupt.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Shirou

    Humble darkspawn

  • Member
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 14:21

Ion Cannon is making valid points. The mushroom should just grow bigger and bigger until it fades.

I really like the after effects with nuclear material slowly falling from the sky. It gives this nuke so much more longevity.
Posted Image

#4 Henford

    Visitor

  • Project Leader
  • 35 posts
  • Projects: CNC Fallout

Posted 16 December 2010 - 00:59

View PostShirou, on 16 Dec 2010, 1:21, said:

Ion Cannon is making valid points. The mushroom should just grow bigger and bigger until it fades.

I really like the after effects with nuclear material slowly falling from the sky. It gives this nuke so much more longevity.


Yeah, the last bit is still a bit of a work-in-progress.

The other thing i am mindful of is my particle caps - obviously having an explosion that huge, you have to be a bit conservative with burst counts and particle sizes or it will bring some computers to a grinding halt!
Posted Image

Henford
CNC Fallout Mod Leader


cncfallout.falloutstudios.net

#5 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:27

View PostHenford, on 16 Dec 2010, 0:59, said:

View PostShirou, on 16 Dec 2010, 1:21, said:

Ion Cannon is making valid points. The mushroom should just grow bigger and bigger until it fades.

I really like the after effects with nuclear material slowly falling from the sky. It gives this nuke so much more longevity.


Yeah, the last bit is still a bit of a work-in-progress.

The other thing i am mindful of is my particle caps - obviously having an explosion that huge, you have to be a bit conservative with burst counts and particle sizes or it will bring some computers to a grinding halt!


I don't mod CnC3 so whats the particle cap? and how many is your nuke? With ZH max you can play with is 5k and thats generally enough :xD:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Henford

    Visitor

  • Project Leader
  • 35 posts
  • Projects: CNC Fallout

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:29

View PostIon Cannon!, on 16 Dec 2010, 14:27, said:

View PostHenford, on 16 Dec 2010, 0:59, said:

View PostShirou, on 16 Dec 2010, 1:21, said:

Ion Cannon is making valid points. The mushroom should just grow bigger and bigger until it fades.

I really like the after effects with nuclear material slowly falling from the sky. It gives this nuke so much more longevity.


Yeah, the last bit is still a bit of a work-in-progress.

The other thing i am mindful of is my particle caps - obviously having an explosion that huge, you have to be a bit conservative with burst counts and particle sizes or it will bring some computers to a grinding halt!


I don't mod CnC3 so whats the particle cap? and how many is your nuke? With ZH max you can play with is 5k and thats generally enough :xD:


The default setting is 3000, but it can be changed in the game setting INI (yes, C&C3 still uses them to some extent!). For CNC Fallout, I have it up at 5000 and the nuke pushes it up around that limit.

The Nuke FX contains in total 26 particle system effects.
Posted Image

Henford
CNC Fallout Mod Leader


cncfallout.falloutstudios.net

#7 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:59

View PostHenford, on 16 Dec 2010, 10:29, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 16 Dec 2010, 14:27, said:

View PostHenford, on 16 Dec 2010, 0:59, said:

View PostShirou, on 16 Dec 2010, 1:21, said:

Ion Cannon is making valid points. The mushroom should just grow bigger and bigger until it fades.

I really like the after effects with nuclear material slowly falling from the sky. It gives this nuke so much more longevity.


Yeah, the last bit is still a bit of a work-in-progress.

The other thing i am mindful of is my particle caps - obviously having an explosion that huge, you have to be a bit conservative with burst counts and particle sizes or it will bring some computers to a grinding halt!


I don't mod CnC3 so whats the particle cap? and how many is your nuke? With ZH max you can play with is 5k and thats generally enough :xD:


The default setting is 3000, but it can be changed in the game setting INI (yes, C&C3 still uses them to some extent!). For CNC Fallout, I have it up at 5000 and the nuke pushes it up around that limit.

The Nuke FX contains in total 26 particle system effects.


It has the same particle cap as generals? That suprises me.. I thought it would have alot more, being a newer engine.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Sgt. Rho

    Kerbal Rocket Scientist

  • Project Leader
  • 6,862 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 16 December 2010 - 13:02

Weird, changes I made to the INIs, other than the PlayerTemplate.INI, had no effects.

#9 Henford

    Visitor

  • Project Leader
  • 35 posts
  • Projects: CNC Fallout

Posted 16 December 2010 - 13:52

View PostIon Cannon!, on 16 Dec 2010, 23:59, said:

View PostHenford, on 16 Dec 2010, 10:29, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 16 Dec 2010, 14:27, said:

View PostHenford, on 16 Dec 2010, 0:59, said:

View PostShirou, on 16 Dec 2010, 1:21, said:

Ion Cannon is making valid points. The mushroom should just grow bigger and bigger until it fades.

I really like the after effects with nuclear material slowly falling from the sky. It gives this nuke so much more longevity.


Yeah, the last bit is still a bit of a work-in-progress.

The other thing i am mindful of is my particle caps - obviously having an explosion that huge, you have to be a bit conservative with burst counts and particle sizes or it will bring some computers to a grinding halt!


I don't mod CnC3 so whats the particle cap? and how many is your nuke? With ZH max you can play with is 5k and thats generally enough :xD:


The default setting is 3000, but it can be changed in the game setting INI (yes, C&C3 still uses them to some extent!). For CNC Fallout, I have it up at 5000 and the nuke pushes it up around that limit.

The Nuke FX contains in total 26 particle system effects.


It has the same particle cap as generals? That suprises me.. I thought it would have alot more, being a newer engine.


You're giving EA far to much credit.
Posted Image

Henford
CNC Fallout Mod Leader


cncfallout.falloutstudios.net

#10 Kris

    <Custom title available>

  • Project Team
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 17:38

Freaking awesome! The only i can suggest is what Ion cannon said and cut and/or replace the radiation fallout sound. Its really an anti-climax for that awesomeness







#11 Henford

    Visitor

  • Project Leader
  • 35 posts
  • Projects: CNC Fallout

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:05

View PostKris, on 22 Dec 2010, 4:38, said:

Freaking awesome! The only i can suggest is what Ion cannon said and cut and/or replace the radiation fallout sound. Its really an anti-climax for that awesomeness



Watch these cold war era videos....





...and once you have watched them, you will realize just how creepy and symbolic that sound is.
Posted Image

Henford
CNC Fallout Mod Leader


cncfallout.falloutstudios.net

#12 Sgt. Rho

    Kerbal Rocket Scientist

  • Project Leader
  • 6,862 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:10

I'd say keep the sound. It only adds to the fear-factor of a nuke.

#13 TheDR

    Whispery Commando

  • Administrator
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:27

I recommend either you do one or both of these:

Lower the volume of the effect, because its a bit overpowering at the moment and/or use those videos in your PR by editing them together with a bit of gameplay footage, it could end up looking really good :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Shirou

    Humble darkspawn

  • Member
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:35

View PostIon Cannon!, on 16 Dec 2010, 13:59, said:

View PostHenford, on 16 Dec 2010, 10:29, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 16 Dec 2010, 14:27, said:

View PostHenford, on 16 Dec 2010, 0:59, said:

View PostShirou, on 16 Dec 2010, 1:21, said:

Ion Cannon is making valid points. The mushroom should just grow bigger and bigger until it fades.

I really like the after effects with nuclear material slowly falling from the sky. It gives this nuke so much more longevity.


Yeah, the last bit is still a bit of a work-in-progress.

The other thing i am mindful of is my particle caps - obviously having an explosion that huge, you have to be a bit conservative with burst counts and particle sizes or it will bring some computers to a grinding halt!


I don't mod CnC3 so whats the particle cap? and how many is your nuke? With ZH max you can play with is 5k and thats generally enough :P


The default setting is 3000, but it can be changed in the game setting INI (yes, C&C3 still uses them to some extent!). For CNC Fallout, I have it up at 5000 and the nuke pushes it up around that limit.

The Nuke FX contains in total 26 particle system effects.


It has the same particle cap as generals? That suprises me.. I thought it would have alot more, being a newer engine.

He didnt say the limit was at 5k, he just said he upped the default limit. Perhaps the CnC3 engine can handle more. On the other hand, if the normal CnC3 game was created with a default setting of 3000 then there may as well be no improvement.
Posted Image

#15 Henford

    Visitor

  • Project Leader
  • 35 posts
  • Projects: CNC Fallout

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:27

View PostTheDR, on 22 Dec 2010, 21:27, said:

I recommend either you do one or both of these:

Lower the volume of the effect, because its a bit overpowering at the moment and/or use those videos in your PR by editing them together with a bit of gameplay footage, it could end up looking really good :P


Definitely. I think the little jingle sound played at the end is one of the creepiest things I have ever heard.
Posted Image

Henford
CNC Fallout Mod Leader


cncfallout.falloutstudios.net





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users