EmperorsFist's suggestions

5 replies to this topic

#1 emperorsfist

• 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 18:53

I must say that this 1.01c is really good. Thank you for this Christmas gift.

As for balance:

1. Basic infantry (Conscripts, Peacekeepers, IWs) does too much damage to buildings, a problem from the vanilla RA3. 5 basic conscripts destroy a barracks in 5 seconds (yeah, timed it). I think that buildings should be very resistant to bullet damage from any unit (Conscript's Molotov should fair better).
2. Walls should be immune to bullets. In most C&C3:TW mods it is done this way and I think that RA3 is no exception. Plus, you should have to blast them apart like in RA2, not just run them over with a basic tank.
3. The Reaper does not hit any air units, except the slowest.
4. I wrote this here before and it seem it was taken to note (at least partially), but in vanilla RA3, everything died too fast and it was just about constantly pumping out new units and reaching the superweapon before the opponent. In 1.01c it is better, yet still it could be better (note, this is just for having more fun seeing some battles being fought for more than 5 seconds).
5. Could the Conscript be re-skinned so that the teamcolor isn't applied to his entire coat? Who goes to battle wearing a purple suit?
6. Could the man cannon of the Bullfrog be just an abbility and you coud evacuate the troops inside just in a normal way? I use the transport for delivering my infantry to the fray with protection from harassments, not to catapult them everywhere.

#2 V.Metalic

Never fear the night, youngling.

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 27 December 2010 - 20:49

5. Cossacks also wore red uniforms in battle.

6. Impossible. The way as you say it it requires two slots for upgrades, which is impossible in RA3 engine. It should be one or other, not both. And if it will have Evacuate, the man cannon on the model will be redundant and mess to take it out.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#3 emperorsfist

• 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:37

I guess you're right about #6 but come on, Cossacks were non existent in the year RA3 takes place (no matter which time parallel, they were not used in battle). Why couldn't the coat be deep brown like RA2's Conscript with teamcolor markings. It just looks silly this way.

#4 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:49

View Postemperorsfist, on 28 Dec 2010, 11:37, said:

I guess you're right about #6 but come on, Cossacks were non existent in the year RA3 takes place (no matter which time parallel, they were not used in battle). Why couldn't the coat be deep brown like RA2's Conscript with teamcolor markings. It just looks silly this way.

It looks comical, and thats the point. RA3 has the appearence of a comics and cartoons, not like RA2.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#5 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 17:43

Because tanks that shoot light, G.Is that could mow tanks down with anti-infantry guns, psychics/mind-controllers, genetically altered giants that resemble the Hulk, and tanks that become trees are so serious.

#6 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 19:52

View PostR3ven, on 28 Dec 2010, 18:43, said:

Because tanks that shoot light, G.Is that could mow tanks down with anti-infantry guns, psychics/mind-controllers, genetically altered giants that resemble the Hulk, and tanks that become trees are so serious.

I was talking about appearence, not functions. And "Tank shooting light" isnt that stupid, its closer then you expect.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users