Chronic Chrono Tank

3 replies to this topic

#1 vader333

Casual

• 57 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:00

I've done as scientific a study as I can possibly perform on a Video Game, and the results for the Chrono tank are as follows:

Chrono Tank:

$1200
10.0 secs

Guardian Tank:

$950
10.0 secs

Target: Defence Bureau

Times to destroy (in secs)
24 Guardian Tanks = 2.6 | 2.3 | 2.5
19 Chrono Tanks = 4.4 | 3.9 | 4.0
24 Guardian Tanks with 1 laser = 2.2 (source of error: human reaction time)
19 Chrono Tanks with High Technology Upgrade = 4.3
24 Guardian Tanks with High Technology Upgrade = 2.3

Target: Guardian Tanks

1 Chrono Tank defeats 1 Guardian Tank, sustains slight damage (2/5 hp)
1 Chrono Tank defeats 2 Guardian Tanks, barely any remaining hp

due to lack of a human player to coordinate, 24 guardian tanks against 19 Chrono tanks was not possible. However, Observed non linear decrease in time taken to destroy targets (units only) with each additional Chrono tank or Guardian Tank.

With the above observations, I conclude that the Guardian tank is better than Chrono tank in engaging structures, but (much) less effective at engaging armoured and non armoured (infantry) units.

Suggests a cool down period between Chrono tank attacks of between 1.5 to 2 secs. Further suggests introducing 'chrono-stasis' state under which the Chrono tank is vulnerable to attack, incremental with distance of teleportation.

Edited by vader333, 28 December 2010 - 09:02.

Posted Image

#2 TheWorms

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 119 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 31 December 2010 - 00:56

Suggests a cool down period between Chrono tank attacks of between 1.5 to 2 secs.

I can only redo the weapon with a clip of 20 and reload time of 1.5/2 secs. I created it with the intent of a continuous stream of damage.
With that continuous destructive power, it was never meant for structural attack, since that would be OP.

Further suggests introducing 'chrono-stasis' state under which the Chrono tank is vulnerable to attack, incremental with distance of teleportation.

That code logic is impossible, but I can remove the Iron Curtain status I applied when it uses the ability.
Current pack/unpack time is 1 second by the way. (for the whole teleport sequence and animation)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 vader333

Casual

• 57 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:42

TheWorms said:

I can only redo the weapon with a clip of 20 and reload time of 1.5/2 secs.

I don't quite understand what Clip is.

TheWorms said:

That code logic is impossible

I am no programmer, but, have you tried using:.

1. The chronosphere's freeze logic?
2. The chronoswap's freeze logic?

They both use the same sound effect (similar to cryo freezing). So I guessed they were the same.
Posted Image

#4 TheWorms

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 119 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 01 January 2011 - 02:11

Clip. Sorry, rephrasing that.

I can redo the weapon having it only firing 20 times every 0.0000001 seconds reloading in 1.5/2 seconds. Damage is 0.5 if I remember.

The chronosphere/chronoswap abilities are player power based. Not applicable to game objects (units/structures/world things).
I can, however, make a unit that has the chronosphere/chronoswap ability. That's a different story, however.

I already improved the chronoshift ability with all I can do, its coding is already the same from scrin shock troops.
The pathfinding of a lot of chrono tanks shifting into one place is the consequence.

If R3ven shows up, get his opinion. He's much more knowledgeable with these things.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users