#76 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:09

View PostAlias, on 4 Mar 2011, 11:47, said:

View PostDutchygamer, on 4 Mar 2011, 21:30, said:

Downloaded it, noticed it was MP only, and uninstalled it. I'll wait for the full release then...
That's a bit shortsighted.

The only MP shooter I like is TF2. All others have too many ppl who act like morons or like 12-year olds, which go batshit insane and accuse you of cheating when you kill them. Maybe I generalize too much now, but that's my opinion.

View PostSgt. Rho, on 4 Mar 2011, 12:21, said:

It's called "Multiplayer Demo" for a reason. Duh.

I didn't noticed it was that. I hoped it also would have at least 1 SP map, or a part of a SP map.
Posted Image

#77 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:44

I have yet to see a single guy shouting "HAAAAAAAAX!!!1111shift+11!!exclamationmark" in Crysis 2.

#78 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:33

Anyone playing this yet? It was released on 22nd right? I am waiting for it to release on 25th here. Any impressions?

#79 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 08:35

It's released here but there's no way in hell I'm paying $80 for it. :|

Posted Image

#80 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:17

I'm probably getting it soon - it's at 45€/49€ for the nano-edition at the local mall.

#81 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:56

Collector's editions add about 30 or 40 USD here since I have to get it shipped :(. Would consider paying that much for ME3 only :pnd:

#82 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:48

I am still playing the SP. Did anyone try the MP. Since the MP has idiotic DRM. anyone can play the MP by giving a fake serial. I heard from a friend that it is full of hackers and has totally ruined the game play. Can anyone confirm this? I am dreading to try MP now. Anyway I should finish my SP first.

#83 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 31 March 2011 - 13:13

DRM fail, I wonder if they'll fix it or at least try to?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#84 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 13:51

I've been playing Crysis 2 MP for the last few days, and only twice saw someone who Might have been a hacker.

#85 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 31 March 2011 - 13:59

If any of you have played the original Crysis and Crysis Wars' MP, Crysis 2 MPis far cry from the previous games. At least from what I see in the demo, unless they greatly enhanced the gameplay AND the graphics, I am no way gonna get Crysis 2. My Crysis Wars with CCC config looks far better than it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#86 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 15:30

The PC full version looks better than Wars/Warhead, while running at a higher frame-rate :)

The Gameplay is still roughly the same, but I actually prefer it over Crysis Wars, despite the lack of vehicles.

#87 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 31 March 2011 - 17:45

Glad to hear full version looked better than the terrible demo. BTW Crysis 1 with CCC at level 6 looks quite a bit better than the maxed out settings in-game, I wonder how does Crysis 2 compared to tweaked Crysis. Shame that the gameplay is still the same COD like thing.

FYI, I don't play Crysis War's vanilla MP really, mostly due to lack of players and MWLL is just too awesome. In short, until I see Crysis 2 with DX11, DX10 in, I won't consider it.

Edited by ΓΛPTΘΓ, 31 March 2011 - 17:48.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#88 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 14 April 2011 - 21:22

Whos been playing Crysis 2 online and what do they think?
The spawn system on some maps is utterly broken, way too many times have I started directly infront of the enemy team and way too many times have I just gunned down someone (in my teams area) only for his team mate to spawn right behind me. Very frustrating, also the fact that running+jumping drains your energy annoys the hell out of me when Im up against people with perks that negate that handicap to an extent. Which is a shame since there is some fun to be had, but ultimately it becomes as frustrating as any other modern online FPS 8|

Posted Image

Posted Image

#89 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:41

I didn't play much. But I kinda shared your experience. Found a few hackers too. But overall its a different experience which I enjoyed a lot. I found that long range hit detection to be a bit out, especially when sniping in the lighthouse map. I also feel that there is a shortage of standard weapons we can use. Usually its the scar that everyone uses.

#90 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:10

I've really enjoyed it so far. I use the marshal while running and sliding around the map with mobility enhance.

Assault mode is a personal favorite, it pitches nanosuit guys with pistols vs normal infantry without suits using machine guns. You have to be really tactical and work as a team, It would be great to get some more people involved in one of my games.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#91 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:27

I can't believe nobody mentioned the lack of Power Struggle. That was for me the single most salient feature of the first game and its loss is an absolute dealbreaker. Hopefully we will see it again in some later installment.

Crytek, I am disappoint.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users