The Scrin, background story stuff.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 23:37

I've been thinking on the backstory a bit. I basically have two main ideas.

One is that the Scrin have been on Earth for a while within the Red Zones.

The other is that the Scrin are coming, very much Covenant style, to harvest the Tiberium, but also to flatten any splinter of civilisation that may be left, and GDI knew about it due to the Tacitus, and spend the time between TS and TA preparing, making the GDI UNSC's mini-me.

Thoughts?

#2 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:25

I prefer the Scrin invasion fleet. If the Scrin had been in the Red Zones all the time, they would already be well-known...
Posted Image

#3 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:58

Not really. The Red zones are permanently ion-stormed, covered in clouds and essentially not acessible to the GDI. The ion-storm clouds even block satelites.

#4 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 14:57

Hmm, you'd have to be VERY deep in Red Zones to stay hidden...Nod does like Red Zones after all. Oh and notice how Ground Zero was...well...not very doom-like?
Posted Image

#5 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 15:07

That is TW. TW and TA are story wise very different.

Earth is separated into Green (mostly unaffected), Yellow (lotsa Tiberium, but still mostly inhabitable, few ion storms), and Red zones (24/7 ion storms, unbreathable air, nobody is in there if it's no absolutely completely necessary.

The blue zones are mostly polar regions and high mountain regions, Yellow zones are the places furthest away from Italy, like all of america, most of asia, near-polar regions, Australia, and all of central Europe and north Africa is red, ground zero being the worst of all.

#6 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:44

But the RZs appeared after sometime isn't it? When do you think Scrin should have first come here? After the meteor near Tiber or even before that?

I also like the invasion Idea. Perhaps Scrin scouts look for worlds which support Tiberium growth and Tib life. Perhaps Kane can be dragged on to this as a scrin Scout :).

#7 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:10

Red Zones hadn't formed yet even during the first Tiberium War IIRC, only during the Second/Third Tiberium War...not even Ground Zero. Not that it matters, but...I hope you'll make a Ground Zero map look really, really bad/doomish/apocalypse-y.
Posted Image

#8 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:18

I'm not a good mapper, but I'll see if a friend of mine can do something about it :)

The Red zones formed during the second tiberium war, Kairo for example, was a red zone back then. Only now, in TA, so 20 years later, it looks even worse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users