Doc's Projects

12 replies to this topic

#1 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 17:54

Hey guys, haven't posted anything video related in a while and i feel like this should change!

My latest project work on my Uni course is to create a documentary and of course I'm doing something slightly weird D8
My project is a 'pilot' for a series of documentaries called Concerned Citizen, starting me as the host where i look in detail on big topics and issues in a slightly satirical way; think Charlie Brooker crossed with Horizons.

Anyway, to start this off, here is my Animated Intro. I will update this thread with more information and interesting development stories and photos when i get deeper into the project 8|
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:10

If this were a show on television, I would watch it.

#3 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 February 2011 - 15:24

Its a good intro, but your no Charlie Brooker. He's more cynical and bitter than even me.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 16:45

I do agree with Ion in that it takes someone very special to pull of a satirical program without making everyone hate you. Good intro though - I just can't help but think, however, that should be a better flow between the jet and the cat, much like there was between the surfboarding skeleton and the jet - that seems to be the only joining section that looks a bit... plain.
For there can be no death without life.

#5 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 19:43

View PostAJ, on 11 Feb 2011, 16:45, said:

I do agree with Ion in that it takes someone very special to pull of a satirical program without making everyone hate you. Good intro though - I just can't help but think, however, that should be a better flow between the jet and the cat, much like there was between the surfboarding skeleton and the jet - that seems to be the only joining section that looks a bit... plain.

Yeah, i agree with the intro, it looks plain because there isn't anything there. Any ideas to spruce it up? I might make it drop a bomb or something.

I realize that satirical programs aren't easy, but I'm going to give it a damn good shot. I tend to be a lot more nice on the forum for some reason, i guess it's because i cancel quite a few (if not all) of my angry posts :stickattack:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#6 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 11 February 2011 - 21:02

True they aren't easy, but i have faith you can pull it off, given how much i know about you right now :stickattack:
I think it needs to be cut off a bit at the end, but other than that i really like it. The music and skeleton really remind me of super meat boy for some reason.
I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Mike

Edited by Mbob61, 11 February 2011 - 21:03.

Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 21:31

View PostTheDR, on 11 Feb 2011, 19:43, said:

Any ideas to spruce it up? I might make it drop a bomb or something.

A bomb drop is good idea.

Drops from plane, plane exit right, camera follows descent for a while, camera pans faster down to cat, which looks up then runs away, gets a short distance then spontaneously combusts?

Intro is very nice mate. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

#8 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 21:28

Here is the updated intro, it came out quite nicely :stickattack:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#9 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 21:59

The cat is connected better now, but from the plane > bomb > to cat you really lose a lot of momentum that you built up in the first half. You need to find a way to carry it on. Would it be really time consuming to make the cat move? Also I think the bomb should fall faster. :stickattack:

Edited by Wizard, 12 February 2011 - 21:59.

#10 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 22:11

I agree with Wiz, you're loosing a little bit of time with the bomb.

I think it should fall faster / not as far to fall, but also, instead of focusing on the bomb all the way down, as it approaches the ground, turn focus to the cat and continue (with the bomb just in the background). Instead of waiting for the bomb to do nothing and then turning to the cat.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#11 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 00:10

Thanks for the comments guys, nice to be able to get some feedback :stickattack:

I've done a few tweaks and here it is. Also, can you guess what programs i used to create it?
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#12 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 00:49

A subtle change, but it makes all the difference! Nice work! :stickattack:

Dunno about the program, Flash maybe?

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#13 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 14:52

Well the first edit took ages to do as my project was set up in a weird way, the second edit was easier though. And nope, it's not flash.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users