Regarding the "Community Patch"...

3 replies to this topic

#1 TheWorms

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 119 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 23 February 2011 - 15:46

I don't know if I or any other from the team told about this, but I was considering if some of the balance changes from that mod/patch is worth applying in ST.
For those who tried the mod/patch (already at 4.1 I believe), what were your thoughts?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Pedro

• 19 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:53

View PostTheWorms, on 23 Feb 2011, 23:46, said:

I don't know if I or any other from the team told about this, but I was considering if some of the balance changes from that mod/patch is worth applying in ST.
For those who tried the mod/patch (already at 4.1 I believe), what were your thoughts?

Essentially,that patch is a MOD too.But the changes are polled by many players,including ones mastered.
I think the balance is better than 1.12.But due to the addition of heavy weaponry to ST,it's not good to accept it in total.

#3 emperorsfist

• 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 22:32

Well I am quite fond of some of the changes in the Community Patch. I like the way it makes buildings more resistant and the units overall more durable so that the battles don't take 5 seconds and it makes more space to strategize. Would definitely love to see some implementation!

#4 PsionicAnnihilator

• Project Team
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 01:43

The game itself, 1.12 patch is actual very balanced.
Changing too much from that can produce some opposite effects.
Shock Therapy has more units which is why rebalancing it might be important.
I've played few 1v1 with my friends, he would pick the soviets and I would pick a faction other than soviets.
Soviets have some OP units, like the reaper, and the mortar cycle.
When your enemy has mortar cycles then all infantries will empty the garrisons, they are fast and their range is big.
As for the Reaper, their grenades shouldn't make infantries go flying, it makes them too over powered, not even Tanya can touch the reaper.
Also they can deploy and can become a turret which is repairable (as in upheaval 1.14). It's like a turret push except that your unit become the turret and can deploy anywhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users