Jump to content


Modern Warfare 3


637 replies to this topic

#51 Chyros

    Forum Keymist

  • Gold Member
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 00:41



M3rrcuh, laynd of the furee and home of the buhrave! |8
TN



Our Master has no need of money. But still he sits and counts it. As a meditation.
-The Book of Cataclysm


Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 Destiny

    Twintails are eternal!

  • Member Test
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 02:36

View PostChyros, on 14 May 2011, 7:03, said:

View PostPav:3d, on 13 May 2011, 23:03, said:

How are obscure weapons an issue? Surely you're tired of the same M16/AK47 setup we've all been playing since 2005, if anything it could use more obscure weapons.
Personal preference. I like to play with weapons I've heard of before. Using weird weapons is like using alien technology to me - not something I get a kick out of.

You're an odd one, Chyros. |8 Even I was really really excited to use obscure weapons like the G11 and stuff in Black Ops.
Posted Image

#53 Stalker

    All Purpose ZH Modder

  • Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:58

IMHO these weapons aren't 'obscure' enough. Apart from that folding MP and one of the shotguns, I know any of those weapon and they have all been in previous MW games. It could use some variety. And I stil think the AK-47 shold be replaced by a newer AK version.

The images look good to me. Weapon models are decent, although there could be some different weapons for once.
Posted Image

#54 Alias

    Member Title Goes Here

  • Member
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:11

Yawn.

I'm proud that the last Call of Duty game I own is Call of Duty 4.

Edited by Alias, 14 May 2011 - 08:12.

Posted Image

#55 deltaepsilon

    Delta Operator

  • Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:39

Good to see them keeping up with DICE in the graphics department.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#56 Chyros

    Forum Keymist

  • Gold Member
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:39

View PostDestiny, on 14 May 2011, 4:36, said:

View PostChyros, on 14 May 2011, 7:03, said:

View PostPav:3d, on 13 May 2011, 23:03, said:

How are obscure weapons an issue? Surely you're tired of the same M16/AK47 setup we've all been playing since 2005, if anything it could use more obscure weapons.
Personal preference. I like to play with weapons I've heard of before. Using weird weapons is like using alien technology to me - not something I get a kick out of.

You're an odd one, Chyros. :xD: Even I was really really excited to use obscure weapons like the G11 and stuff in Black Ops.
The G11 I knew very well actually 8| .


View PostStalker, on 14 May 2011, 8:58, said:

IMHO these weapons aren't 'obscure' enough. Apart from that folding MP and one of the shotguns, I know any of those weapon and they have all been in previous MW games. It could use some variety. And I stil think the AK-47 shold be replaced by a newer AK version.
It's just an AK-47 in name. There's no AK-47 in existence that looks anywhere near that MW3 model. The MW3 model is actually more modern than any AK in existence :xD: .


View PostAlias, on 14 May 2011, 10:11, said:

Yawn.

I'm proud that the last Call of Duty game I own is Call of Duty 4.
You still missed out on over two years of constant fun with me, Stinger, AJ, Wanderer, Admiral and others.
TN



Our Master has no need of money. But still he sits and counts it. As a meditation.
-The Book of Cataclysm


Posted ImagePosted Image

#57 Pav:3d

    YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

  • Project Leader
  • 7,224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:14

The hype train begins :xD:

Seems that new (and awful) logo confirms that box art posted a few days ago
Posted Image

Somehow I dont think people are going to be going as nuts with this one as the previous.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Chyros

    Forum Keymist

  • Gold Member
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:18

View PostPav:3d, on 14 May 2011, 12:14, said:

The hype train begins :xD:

Seems that new (and awful) logo confirms that box art posted a few days ago
Posted Image

Somehow I dont think people are going to be going as nuts with this one as the previous.
To be fair, no-one went truly nuts before they brought in the AC-130 killstreak reveal. However, I myself am not very enthusiastic at this point either. Though this may change of course.


EDIT: also, good lord old chap let's have some t3a and crump3ts 8| .



Stinger and I think the Brit in it is Archer. Which is awesome :xD: .

Edited by Chyros, 14 May 2011 - 10:40.

TN



Our Master has no need of money. But still he sits and counts it. As a meditation.
-The Book of Cataclysm


Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 Pav:3d

    YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

  • Project Leader
  • 7,224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:39

Good to see not all of it is set in New its-been-done York :o
I dont think they have anything like the AC-130 to reveal, they dont seem to be doing anything new from what Ive gathered from the Kotaku leak.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#60 Alias

    Member Title Goes Here

  • Member
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:19

View PostChyros, on 14 May 2011, 19:39, said:

View PostAlias, on 14 May 2011, 10:11, said:

Yawn.

I'm proud that the last Call of Duty game I own is Call of Duty 4.
You still missed out on over two years of constant fun with me, Stinger, AJ, Wanderer, Admiral and others.
Wouldn't of been much fun at 400 ping regardless, mate.

The only servers I can play in with FPS games are either Australian, New Zealand or in a rare case, Singapore.

Usually there's enough Australian servers, however, as ISPs here host a load of servers, not sure if that's the case overseas.
Posted Image

#61 Chyros

    Forum Keymist

  • Gold Member
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:58

Now alzo z33 G3rmany



and d3 la Franc3



Europe is going to get murdered as well obviously, though I don't see why :xD: .

View PostPav:3d, on 14 May 2011, 12:39, said:

I dont think they have anything like the AC-130 to reveal, they dont seem to be doing anything new from what Ive gathered from the Kotaku leak.
The Winchester 1887 will have red-dot sights 8| . That's about it :xD: . Though tbh I'm fine with that as long a they tweak the MW2 gameplay. This is unlikely of course, but I remain hopeful. MW2 with just a few hard-needed tweaks would make the best fast-paced shooter ever I'm quite sure.


View PostAlias, on 14 May 2011, 13:19, said:

View PostChyros, on 14 May 2011, 19:39, said:

View PostAlias, on 14 May 2011, 10:11, said:

Yawn.

I'm proud that the last Call of Duty game I own is Call of Duty 4.
You still missed out on over two years of constant fun with me, Stinger, AJ, Wanderer, Admiral and others.
Wouldn't of been much fun at 400 ping regardless, mate.

The only servers I can play in with FPS games are either Australian, New Zealand or in a rare case, Singapore.

Usually there's enough Australian servers, however, as ISPs here host a load of servers, not sure if that's the case overseas.
Oh yeah, that's true D: . In that case you'll almost certainly never be able to join us at shooters D: .
TN



Our Master has no need of money. But still he sits and counts it. As a meditation.
-The Book of Cataclysm


Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 Destiny

    Twintails are eternal!

  • Member Test
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:03

WHY IS THERE ANGLAIS IN THE ALLEMANDE TRAILER?!
Posted Image

#63 Pav:3d

    YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

  • Project Leader
  • 7,224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:41

That Germany trailer was pretty badass, good to see its not all set in the USA.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 Chyros

    Forum Keymist

  • Gold Member
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:46

View PostPav:3d, on 14 May 2011, 14:41, said:

That Germany trailer was pretty badass, good to see its not all set in the USA.
Judging by previous CoD games, they'll make Europe look like a province of the US anyway :xD: .
TN



Our Master has no need of money. But still he sits and counts it. As a meditation.
-The Book of Cataclysm


Posted ImagePosted Image

#65 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 14 May 2011 - 14:26

I'm with Alias, I got bored of Call of Dull: Same Old Warfare round about COD4.

On Chyros' point, who wants to bet the european nations can't do anything themselves and the BOOHA americans have to save they day..
Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 Destiny

    Twintails are eternal!

  • Member Test
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 15:03

I wouldn't underestimate NATO, even in something like Call of Duty :xD:
Posted Image

#67 Generay

    Forum Hunter

  • Member Test
  • 3,842 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 15:04

I think this is gonna be as epic as the older ones, don't know about mp though and I don't give much shit about it aslong as sp is cool :xD:

#68 Stalker

    All Purpose ZH Modder

  • Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 15:12

View PostIon Cannon!, on 14 May 2011, 16:26, said:

I'm with Alias, I got bored of Call of Dull: Same Old Warfare round about COD4.

On Chyros' point, who wants to bet the european nations can't do anything themselves and the BOOHA americans have to save they day..


It doesn't really make a difference but wasn't it mainly Captain Price's Uber-SAS squad who saved the day?
Posted Image

#69 Chyros

    Forum Keymist

  • Gold Member
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 15:22

View PostStalker, on 14 May 2011, 17:12, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 14 May 2011, 16:26, said:

I'm with Alias, I got bored of Call of Dull: Same Old Warfare round about COD4.

On Chyros' point, who wants to bet the european nations can't do anything themselves and the BOOHA americans have to save they day..


It doesn't really make a difference but wasn't it mainly Captain Price's Uber-SAS squad who saved the day?
Yes, it's true that the SAS holds a special place in IW's heart. Which is good because they are British and awesome. They even get the most awesome missions, too. But still CoD games tend to be extremely patriotistic and propagandistic.
TN



Our Master has no need of money. But still he sits and counts it. As a meditation.
-The Book of Cataclysm


Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 Soul

    Divine Chaos

  • Project Team
  • 6,796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 14 May 2011 - 15:35

And Canada remains untouchable from the ashes of war on it's soil :xD:.
Posted ImagePosted Image

View PostInsomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#71 Chyros

    Forum Keymist

  • Gold Member
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 15:53

View PostSoul, on 14 May 2011, 17:35, said:

And Canada remains untouchable from the ashes of war on it's soil :xD:.
Aren't you a lucky bunch :xD: . In CoD 3 Canada is a major faction though, and in MW2 a few character including Meat and Rocket are Canadian. Otherwise Canadians aren't very prominent though.

Imagine how scarce the Dutch are in video games. 8|
TN



Our Master has no need of money. But still he sits and counts it. As a meditation.
-The Book of Cataclysm


Posted ImagePosted Image

#72 Liten

    Morally Moose

  • Member
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 15:57

I think Sw3d3n would be a nice break from all those other silly countries that appears in most shooters, but I doubt it will ever happen :xD:

View PostDestiny, on 14 May 2011, 17:03, said:

I wouldn't underestimate NATO, even in something like Call of Duty :xD:

USA is one of the main members and creator of NATO, so yeah >_>
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre


#73 Destiny

    Twintails are eternal!

  • Member Test
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 16:57

Politically 'NATO forces' and 'American forces' are very, very different things Liten. Very. Different.











...like an example, World in Conflict :xD:
Posted Image

#74 Camille

    girl eater

  • Project Team
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:50

FRANC3 --

CAMEMBERT EIFFEL TOWER HON HON HON

oh glorious stereotyping :xD:

also, if that was french he was supposed to speak i'm sarkozy's second niece.
it's time to wake up

#75 TehKiller

    Silent Assassin

  • Member
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 13:03

View PostChyros, on 14 May 2011, 9:39, said:

It's just an AK-47 in name. There's no AK-47 in existence that looks anywhere near that MW3 model. The MW3 model is actually more modern than any AK in existence :xD: .


Actually thats not the true. They always base their railz shit after pictures of a custom made AKs

Even the MW2 AK47 was real
Posted Image





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users