Modern Warfare 3

637 replies to this topic

#101 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:35

Great looking trailer, so many explosions :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#102 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:46

Call of Duty: Michael Bay 3

Posted Image

#103 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:35

I think I'm getting MW3 instead :3

Damn, I can't wait to see how other countries look like, in a game. Especially France!
Posted Image

#104 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:40

View PostDestiny, on 24 May 2011, 12:35, said:

Damn, I can't wait to see how other countries look like, in a game. Especially France!

Oh I imagine it will be just like it is in real life....... :)

#105 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:49

Move along people, nothing to see here. I'll definitely be saving my money for BF3 instead.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#106 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:03

View PostWizard, on 24 May 2011, 19:40, said:

Oh I imagine it will be just like it is in real life....... :sly:

I live under a rock, remember? :)
Posted Image

#107 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:04

View PostDestiny, on 24 May 2011, 13:03, said:

View PostWizard, on 24 May 2011, 19:40, said:

Oh I imagine it will be just like it is in real life....... :sly:

I live under a rock, remember? :)

As I would imagine so do the devs at IW.....

#108 Jazzie Spurs

[Pantsu-Dan]

• Project Team
  • 4073 posts
  • Projects: Commanding the ECA 33rd Ground Assault Team.

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:11

Why are they using a 20rd magazine on the M4? D:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageBlack Lagoon OST
Posted Image

#109 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:16

I hope that's mission specific or we'd all have to get extended mags for a standard 30-round mag D:
Posted Image

#110 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:32

No, the size of the mag and the weapon's bullet count do not always correlate in CoD. I don't think the M4 in CoD 4 has ever used the actual 30 rd model despite always having 30 rd bullet counts.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#111 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:44

Oh, that's nice. :)
Posted Image

#112 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 13:42

Meh, not Infinity Ward.

Moving along.

Edited by SquigPie, 24 May 2011 - 13:43.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#113 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 14:03

well to be absolutely honest, it doesn't look all that bad. it looks nicely action-packed like MW2 and the visiting of other countries could be a good thing mood-wise. i'll preserve my judgement for when gameplay is revealed however, as a cinematic like this doesn't tell me anything about the actual game.

EIFFELTOWERRRRR
it's time to wake up

#114 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 16:04

Slim chance game-play will be screwed up, the only worry here is that it won't evolve much, And if that is the case.. I'm fine with it. I have always enjoyed current gen COD gameplay and look forward to this expansion.
The graphics are amazingly awesome, when compared to the horrible eye sore that was Black Ops (in multiplayer). That combined with a new Campaign, (realism < entertainment) new weapons, and everything else, it's more then enough justification for this purchase. Though I'm sure there will be some completely new things thrown in as well.

Now if I had to choose between MW3 or BF3 things would get muddy, fast. Good thing I don't, God save those who do. :)

View PostRaven, on 24 May 2011, 0:39, said:

For some reason this trailer remembered me about the x-men first class trailer :S

Killing will not bring you peace.

Edited by Nem, 24 May 2011 - 16:18.

#115 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 24 May 2011 - 18:36

Slim chance game-play will be screwed up, the only worry here is that it won't evolve much, And if that is the case.. I'm fine with it. I have always enjoyed current gen COD gameplay and look forward to this expansion.
The graphics are amazingly awesome, when compared to the horrible eye sore that was Black Ops (in multiplayer). That combined with a new Campaign, (realism < entertainment) new weapons, and everything else, it's more then enough justification for this purchase. Though I'm sure there will be some completely new things thrown in as well.

This sums up my thoughts.

Graphics are ok. The engine is outdated, but they are making the most of it.

I'll probably preorder both MW3 and BF3. I'll end up buying both anyways and they won't really get cheaper before the next one is released.
Posted Image

#116 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 20:24

View PostCJ, on 24 May 2011, 12:49, said:

Move along people, nothing to see here. I'll definitely be saving my money for BF3 instead.

If you hate MW, you must be the one move along :)

#117 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 20:32

View PostGabriel Angelos, on 24 May 2011, 21:24, said:

Making silly assumptions now Gabriel? I'm sure I didn't play MW2 as much as you have, but I have reached lvl 70 on it. What I don't like however is how Activision is still allowed to produce games.

Edited by CJ, 24 May 2011 - 20:45.

#118 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 21:16

View PostCJ, on 24 May 2011, 16:32, said:

Making silly assumptions now Gabriel? I'm sure I didn't play MW2 as much as you have, but I have reached lvl 70 on it. What I don't like however is how Activision is still allowed to produce games.

You don't like COD or Activision, We got that from your first post. The only thing you will accomplish by continuing is a bunch of hate from those who do. I think Gabriel is right, You should be moving on if you have nothing else offer this thread besides the same generic "COD IS CRAP" rhetoric we have read a million times before.

#119 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 21:46

View PostNem, on 24 May 2011, 22:16, said:

You don't like COD or Activision, We got that from your first post. The only thing you will accomplish by continuing is a bunch of hate from those who do. I think Gabriel is right, You should be moving on if you have nothing else offer this thread besides the same generic "COD IS CRAP" rhetoric we have read a million times before.

he does have a point when talking about activision though. it is almost criminal that they are still going along unhindered while pulling off major crap with every released game.

Edited by Camille, 24 May 2011 - 21:46.

it's time to wake up

#120 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 21:54

What I am starting to get sick of, that appears in most major FPS to date, is that the US is shown as the great savior, the country which comes in riding on horsebacks and saves the day. I'd rather see you playing as, lets say, a Russian soldier, defending their homeland from an invasion led by the US or something similar. Sadly, I find it difficult to belive anything like that will ever be made :)
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#121 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 21:54

Indeed, but even I am getting a little sick of the same of BS we get in these threads. Let's leave that stuff outside on this thread please.

#122 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 22:52

1/- Ever heard of freedom of speech? I merely expressed my own opinion about the game, and I did not post anything more.
2/- I didn't even say that CoD is crap, and I never said that before. Heck I just said I was a MW2 player. (And I've also played all other CoD games except Black Ops)
3/- I seriously couldn't care less if you're going to hate me.

#123 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 00:05

View PostCJ, on 24 May 2011, 18:52, said:

1/- Ever heard of freedom of speech? I merely expressed my own opinion about the game, and I did not post anything more.

Freedom of speech is perfectly fine with me, So as long as you back up your views. If you are just going to bark your opinions then what is the point of a forum? Here let me help:

I think there is nothing to see here because _____ and because I am a _____.

Fill in the blanks.

If you are going to write what has been written several times before, At least explain why you feel the way you do.

#124 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 00:23

Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't notice that I was deranging his holiness with my post that he could have so easily ignored. Also, at no point of my life did I see any forum which forces you to back up your opinion or express it clearly. What I said still was on topic, on the contrary of the personal attack you're throwing at me.

Edited by CJ, 25 May 2011 - 00:27.

#125 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 00:49

There isn't a rule against repetitive posting because people are usually decent enough, not to do it. Nobody wants to re-read the "Milking franchise BlahBlah Money" Argument for the 16th time. If you want to, you should take a visit to SWR, where you can bring it up for the 73rd time, Heck Moderators will even join you!

Though within the rules, It's annoying as Wizard said. I'm sorry I thought you were decent enough to at least expand on your opinion a bit, so we might actually have a discussion here.

I assumed too much. /Repetitive post

Edited by Nem, 25 May 2011 - 00:51.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users