Posted 16 June 2011 - 21:54

View PostSquigPie, on 10 Mar 2011, 14:10, said:

View PostWizard, on 10 Mar 2011, 17:40, said:

View Postn5p29, on 10 Mar 2011, 15:02, said:

will there be Tau 'n Crons?

Needs more Jokaero :)

phix'd.

Not sure if you'll get it.

Ape-like creatures, who, until recently had only been part of fluff. There are models for them on GW's site if I recall correctly. They're super brilliant, if a bit "odd" by 40k standards, as the weapons they can manipulate are extremely high tech (making Eldar and Necron weapons look like toddler toys).

Oi! Derz gonna be anuvva wun? Posted Image Well den, I guess I gotz ta get more flashy bitz fer dis 'ere komputer.

Also: WAAAGH!
Posted Image

#27 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:10

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 16 Jun 2011, 23:54, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 10 Mar 2011, 14:10, said:

View PostWizard, on 10 Mar 2011, 17:40, said:

View Postn5p29, on 10 Mar 2011, 15:02, said:

will there be Tau 'n Crons?

Needs more Jokaero :)

phix'd.

Not sure if you'll get it.

Ape-like creatures, who, until recently had only been part of fluff. There are models for them on GW's site if I recall correctly. They're super brilliant, if a bit "odd" by 40k standards, as the weapons they can manipulate are extremely high tech (making Eldar and Necron weapons look like toddler toys).

Oi! Derz gonna be anuvva wun? Posted Image Well den, I guess I gotz ta get more flashy bitz fer dis 'ere komputer.

Also: WAAAGH!

Also because of the loophole in the new codex that allows an entire army of them.

Edited by SquigPie, 17 June 2011 - 08:14.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#28 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:17

I somehow doubt that Relic will be letting an army of Jokero into DoW III. In fact they are likely to not even figure. 90% of the cool stuff doesn't make it into the DT games these days anyway (outside of a mod).

And Ward gets his hands on the TT only afaik.

#29 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:48

Anyone sense another expansion for DOW II before DOW III which includes Necrons and Tau or is it just me ? :)

#30 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:54

View PostGeneral, on 18 Jun 2011, 18:48, said:

Anyone sense another expansion for DOW II before DOW III which includes Necrons and Tau or is it just me ? :)
If only.

Doubtable, though. I'd definitely get into DoWII regardless of how much I dislike the gameplay if that was the case, though.

Posted Image

#31 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:56

View PostAlias, on 18 Jun 2011, 9:54, said:

If only.

Doubtable, though. I'd definitely get into DoWII regardless of how much I dislike the gameplay if that was the case, though.

So you'd play Retribution if someone modded in 'Crons :P

#32 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:01

View PostWizard, on 18 Jun 2011, 9:56, said:

If only.

Mod will not be good enough for that game, we need a campaign for Necrons and Tau !

#33 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:03

View PostWizard, on 18 Jun 2011, 18:56, said:

If only.

Perhaps, if it's done well.

I dislike almost all non-Relic implementations of races, though, just putting that out there. While the content added in DC mods is pretty good, the changes they make to the pretty much perfect gameplay of DC almost makes me want to puke. It's also the main reason I dislike Soulstorm, the new races just aren't implemented as seamlessly as Relic does.

Posted Image

#34 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 19:12

View PostAlias, on 18 Jun 2011, 11:03, said:

View PostWizard, on 18 Jun 2011, 18:56, said:

If only.

Perhaps, if it's done well.

I dislike almost all non-Relic implementations of races, though, just putting that out there. While the content added in DC mods is pretty good, the changes they make to the pretty much perfect gameplay of DC almost makes me want to puke. It's also the main reason I dislike Soulstorm, the new races just aren't implemented as seamlessly as Relic does.

DC did fuck up the moving-while-shooting aspect though, since it lowered accurasy (sic) while moving from 50% to 15%. making units like "Assault Cannon Dreadnought" useless.

That, and Eldar being freakishly overpowered.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#35 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 00:52

Even in vanilla DoW it's unwise to upgrade the melee vehicles as they are so much more powerful in close combat than in ranged.

Never said the balance was perfect, but in terms of how it plays, DC is the best in the series.

It's bloody hard to balance 7 completely distinct factions well.

Posted Image

#36 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:12

View PostAlias, on 19 Jun 2011, 1:52, said:

Lucky then that you like to play one of the most OP ones, aye :xD:

Edited by Wizard, 19 June 2011 - 08:12.

#37 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:20

View PostWizard, on 19 Jun 2011, 18:12, said:

View PostAlias, on 19 Jun 2011, 1:52, said:

Lucky then that you like to play one of the most OP ones, aye :xD:
Arguably.
Which faction is 'overpowered' depends heavily on the opponent faction. Chaos vs Necrons is pretty heavily weighted towards Chaos.

There are a couple of things which needed fixing (Pariahs/Grenade Launchers/Grey Knights) and were thankfully fixed (to an extent) in Soulstorm, but that isn't a big enough reason for me to move to an inferior game.

Necrons are also worse than the other factions in team games as they do not really have any benefit from resource sharing.

Edited by Alias, 19 June 2011 - 09:21.

Posted Image

#38 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 19 June 2011 - 14:48

What network do you guys play in anyways?

#39 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 15:08

View PostZhao, on 19 Jun 2011, 15:48, said:

What network do you guys play in anyways?

Steam ? :xD:

#40 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 15:11

Unfortunately we haven't really played recently (which makes me sad ;_:xD:.

Posted Image

#41 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:27

More "MMO like" :xD:

THQ core games boss Danny Bilson has told Eurogamer that development on Dawn of War 3 is well underway at Relic. Eurogamer understand that the third game in the series will take elements from the first and second games and “add something new.” Bilson previously told EG that Dawn of War 3 will “have a much larger strategic component to it, more of a global battle going on with little tactical things, sort of MMO-like.”

Bilson gave a rough estimate for a release date, too, saying the game will likely ship sometime between August 2012 and February 2013. Yesterday, Bilson teased a big new Relic RTS announcement for this year’s Gamescom. “This one’s built to announce at that place,” he said. “I feel like an ass saying it’s fantastic, but it is. And we’re going to do something with it you haven’t seen before.”

Bilson originally said that Dawn of War 3 might end up being “a more digital free-to-play experience,” depending on the success of Company of Heroes Online. CoHO closed down earlier this year, suggesting the new Dawn of War game won’t be free to play, but we could still see features cross over from Relic’s Company of Heroes experiment.

CoHO featured persistent hero units that could be levelled up between multiplayer encounters, unlocking new battlefield abilities in the process. The game also featured a player avatar that could be upgraded to unlock powerful, limited use battlefield abilities like air-strikes. It will be interesting to see if Relic bring any of these multiplayer RPG elements into Dawn of War 3′s multiplayer mode to make it a more “MMO-like” experience.

Relic might also be looking closely at the success of the Last Stand mode, which replaces Dawn of War’s armies with a single hero. Last Stand was released as a standalone game on Steam earlier this year.

Either way, another Dawn of War game is cause for excitement. We’ll know more when the reveal happens at Gamescom in August.

Sauce

#42 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:44

They plan to do something like End War ?

#43 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 13:02

View PostGeneral, on 20 Jun 2011, 13:44, said:

Anyone still play that?

I couldn't get the damn voice-thing to work.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#44 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 13:11

View PostSquigPie, on 20 Jun 2011, 21:02, said:

View PostGeneral, on 20 Jun 2011, 13:44, said:

Anyone still play that?

I couldn't get the damn voice-thing to work.

Nehehehhe I win
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users