New Signature Size Limit!

37 replies to this topic

#26 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 27 March 2011 - 18:45

Damn, Dauth should be the one to wear the Angry Marine title instaed of Wizard, he's always raging and complaining :P

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#27 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 19:47

He'd feel home at /v/ or /tg/. Those guys thrive on RAGE.

Anyway. To answer your question, Dauth. I don't know about other people, but to me, a sig is...An expression, something that shows abit about yourself, kinda like avatars. I can see why MEGALARGE sigs get annoying as hell after a while, I completely agree with you on that.

Edited by SquigPie, 27 March 2011 - 19:48.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#28 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 20:52

View PostCJ, on 27 Mar 2011, 19:45, said:

Damn, Dauth should be the one to wear the Angry Marine title instaed of Wizard, he's always raging and complaining :P

You forget I was an admin once, I know how FS works (to a greater or lesser extent) and as such I generally expect the best out of people.

#29 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 20:58

View PostDauth, on 27 Mar 2011, 21:52, said:

View PostCJ, on 27 Mar 2011, 19:45, said:

You forget I was an admin once, I know how FS works (to a greater or lesser extent) and as such I generally expect the best out of people.

Or maybe because admins are a bunch of angry elitist gits :P

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#30 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 28 March 2011 - 17:21

Even though I don't really care about the increase here, I still want my signatures to be compatible with other forums, so they won't be bigger :P
Posted Image

#31 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 18:08

I should also point out, its not anger. FS isn't a big enough part of my life to make me angry now. Its mainly disappointment.

#32 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 19:35

Tbh it also vexes me. I don't usually use the whole screen for FS but the upper half because a movie plays in the lower half whenever I am at home.

Edited by Chyros, 28 March 2011 - 19:49.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#33 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 19:47

View PostDauth, on 28 Mar 2011, 20:08, said:

I should also point out, its not anger. FS isn't a big enough part of my life to make me angry now. Its mainly disappointment.

This isn't a school class or a bunch of army rookies, this is an internet forum(s). I'm sorry that we disappoint you, but we are after all, just people sharing stuff and talking/writing.

And if large pimped up sigs is all it takes to make you disappointed then...well, then what?

Edited by SquigPie, 28 March 2011 - 19:51.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#34 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 19:51

SquigPie, please stop taking it personally, Dauth is just expressing his opinion.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#35 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 20:01

I am stating my opinion on the current subject. I have every right to do so.

And no, I'm not taking it personally :P

Edited by SquigPie, 28 March 2011 - 20:04.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#36 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 28 March 2011 - 20:07

Yeah but your tone is somewhat provocative. It's almost as if you're looking for a response from Dauth. I know you're not being serious, so please lay off.
Posted Image

#37 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 20:29

I AM being serious.

No, I am not trolling, I'm just provocative by nature.

EDIT: Damnit! Missed my 1000th post :(

Edited by SquigPie, 28 March 2011 - 20:39.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#38 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:31

View PostWizard, on 27 Mar 2011, 15:27, said:

There is no facility to turn off the user description text without actually turning it off entirely. At this stage I am particularly loathe to go looking for and install an addon for something that has been a feature for donkeys years and is no worse than the signatures we've had for ages.
It's both playing together though that makes it all look bloated. Signatures grow and in return the side panel grows, which allows signatures to grow again, then avatars, then sigs again, then the side panel...
Now, shutting down one doesn't do much as the other will force a certain post height. With so many people just writing one-liners, it's really quite irritating how much space is wasted. Yet the only thing that can be toggled off in the side panel is avatars, but if I'd had to decide between random messages or individual visual identifiers, Avatars win every day - only I can't choose.

View PostSquigPie, on 28 Mar 2011, 19:47, said:

This isn't a school class or a bunch of army rookies, this is an internet forum(s). I'm sorry that we disappoint you, but we are after all, just people sharing stuff and talking/writing.

More like sigging with the current sig/text ratio.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users