3 replies to this topic

#1 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 22 April 2011 - 16:46

Read the article |8.

1 year ago, we reported that following Unity's and Epic's UDK push to release a commercial grade engine for free (or at a price) that casual and indie game developers can afford, we expected Crysis and the CryENGINE to follow. Today it seems that announcement has been made, by none other than the CEO of Crytek, Cevat Yerli.

Linky.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#2 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 16:52

I love the idea of Indie games looking better than high grade commercial ones |8
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:52

I think this would worry the console manufs a lot more. Cos Indies would definitely make use of the extra oomph in PCs. A few cool looking Indie titles would make people realize that the consoles are holding back the creativity.

Perhaps it might push the efforts on new consoles. AFAIK, MS is also working on an X360 replacement. We haven't seen anything from Sony yet.

#4 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 17 August 2011 - 22:13

UPDATE!

http://www.moddb.com...-free-of-charge

According to Crytek you will have the same tools that commercial licenses can use. It allows you to create a game from scratch. Crytek also ensures us that the SDK will be updated regularly.
If you want to release your game onto platforms other than PC, or you need access to CryENGINE 3 source code you will need to contact Crytek.

License costs:
The SDK can be used for free if you want to create non-commercial projects such as games, school projects, movies and so on and so on.
If you wish to create a commercial game, for example an Indie game, Crytek is offering a royalty-only license model where Crytek requires 20% of the developer’s revenues from the commercial launch of their game.

Also new linking system is weird :P.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users