Mods for a game

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Mods for a game (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it wrong?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

1. Only if its for fun (3 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects: Private Map Contractor

Posted 01 May 2011 - 19:38

I have always wondered how to "hack/Mod" a ps3. But there is the obous fact... Is it really wrong to mod a ps3? I, a person who would never cheat online and hates people who do; would like to play nazi zombies with noclip and godmode with a friend or two! I think it would be fun, not to cheat and get to the top of the leaderbords but just play with a cupple friends and have fun!

So the question stands: Is it really wrong to mod a game for FUN?

Spoiler

Edited by Genrail, 01 May 2011 - 19:43.

This place still exists?

#2 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 20:54

I'm happy with cheating in single player, the only person you affect is yourself. You could even think about using built in cheats/console commands to extract everything from a game.

I don't own a PS3 so have no idea how to 'hack' one and I think the guys that do are currently embroiled in a legal battle regarding the hacks. The issue you face with the PS3 and other console systems is the End User License Agreement (EULA) which stipulates how the system can be used. I'm not a big fan of EULAs in general, if I buy something then its mine to do with as I wish. I can understand the use of EULAs though to prevent reverse engineering which if it became common would stop any advancements in the field.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users