Osama is Dead

112 replies to this topic

#1 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:13

Just watching it on CNN now, it's kinda developing ATM, but... holy shit.
kinda, sorta alive.

#2 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:24

I can't help but be skeptical after such a long time, but if US forces did get him then, well... cool. :sly:

So many resources towards the death of one man, it's pretty shocking. :D Also, people are partying on campus outside and shouting "USA, USA." xD

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#3 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:31

Osama Bin Laden - World Hide-&-Go-Seek Champion

1993 - 2011

#4 NergiZed

^^^ Pronouced like the battery brand ^^^

• 2992 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave and Rise of the Reds

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:34

Well, I'd kinda like to see a photo of the body, but I think I can take the word of the Pres as long as he can dish out some delicious details, such as how they did the DNA verification as well as how we killed him (all I know that we did it with assassins, and not a drone)

#5 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:12

I seriously doubt it. Even though I know I shouldn't. Osama would not be so careless to...get caught in the open like that. Hope he's a goner.
Posted Image

#6 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3868 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:28

He's gone but I fear this is just a beginning of something worse so I can't be happy about it, for Al-Qaeda; Osama was important but not indispensable, they are united not under a man but an idea, I just hope after effects of this attack not come to the innocent masses of America.

#7 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:02

Was taken down by a SEAL team in Pakistan... apparently he used a woman as a human shield (the woman died)
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#8 GDIZOCOM

Amateur

• 104 posts
  • Projects: Something

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:40

I can't believe it took less than 10 years after 9/11 to find him.I thought it was gonna take longer.This is just...amazing! :sly:

Edited by GDIZOCOM, 02 May 2011 - 06:53.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:58

*Goes to /v/*
*Renamed: AMERICA FUCK YEAH!*
*Guiles Theme in the background*

YEEEEAAAAH!

Anyway, hope this means that Al Quada will be weakened.

Edited by SquigPie, 02 May 2011 - 06:58.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#10 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:05

URALI URALI URALI USA

Well, it only took ten years :sly: . But still, congratulations to the US forces for getting him. I hope the berieved ones from the 9/11 attacks can find some consolation from this.

SquigPie, on 2 May 2011, 8:58, said:

Anyway, hope this means that Al Quada will be weakened.
Unlikely, unfortunately :D .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:41

I'm afraid this will cause a wave of paybacks in the shape of a lot of suicide bombers in western countries though...

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#12 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:01

CJ, on 2 May 2011, 15:41, said:

I'm afraid this will cause a wave of paybacks in the shape of a lot of suicide bombers in western countries though...

I agree.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#13 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:26

Osama is just a figurehead, this really will not impact Al Qaeda (or any other terrorist organisation) and their operations in any way more than creating a martyr for their cause.

It would of been both a far more humane and far more sensible idea to capture him and try him for crimes against humanity rather than simply assassinate him. Aren't Western countries supposed to support the rule of law? I guess that's too much to expect from the country that runs Guantanamo.

My personal opinion is if you think an assassination is justice you are deluded. Celebrating over somebody's death regardless of how 'evil' you deem them to be is extremely saddening.

Posted Image

#14 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:40

^Im pretty sure he wasnt going to be taken alive, no matter how careful they are. Him being martyred is a huge mistake.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:42

I don't think they knew it was him, didn't they first know it afterwards?

Edited by SquigPie, 02 May 2011 - 09:46.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#16 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:17

SquigPie, on 2 May 2011, 11:42, said:

I don't think they knew it was him, didn't they first know it afterwards?
They acquired intel on where he was about a week or so ago. If they didn't expect it to be him when they entered, they obviously were infinite morons.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:29

maybe this explains the increasing terrorism attack in here lately. :sly:

#18 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:39

Alias, on 2 May 2011, 10:26, said:

It would of been both a far more humane and far more sensible idea to capture him and try him for crimes against humanity rather than simply assassinate him. Aren't Western countries supposed to support the rule of law? I guess that's too much to expect from the country that runs Guantanamo.

Are you sure you ain't thinking of something else yet somewhat similar? (I think this is right?) According to international law, assassination of the Head of State is against the laws of nations, however Osama wasn't.

But yeah I understand what you mean, despite what he has done, aren't Democracies supposed to give him a right to a trial? If I remember right Saddam was given one but was hanged afterwards for his war crimes.

Just my take on things. Wasn't intending to involve politics, sorry if I did.
Posted Image

#19 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:47

Kichō, on 2 May 2011, 22:39, said:

Are you sure you ain't thinking of something else yet somewhat similar? (I think this is right?) According to international law, assassination of the Head of State is against the laws of nations, however Osama wasn't.

But yeah I understand what you mean, despite what he has done, aren't Democracies supposed to give him a right to a trial? If I remember right Saddam was given one but was hanged afterwards for his war crimes.

I'm sure the US has found some loophole to make sure his assassination was legal, but legality doesn't matter. What matters is what the correct thing to do is.

The US acts on its moral high horse when it really isn't terribly far from the bottom of the heap.

Posted Image

#20 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 13:17

Alias, on 2 May 2011, 14:47, said:

I'm sure the US has found some loophole to make sure his assassination was legal, but legality doesn't matter. What matters is what the correct thing to do is.

The US acts on its moral high horse when it really isn't terribly far from the bottom of the heap.

Don't all countries do this? England tested Mustard gas on Indian (or Australian? Don't remember) soldiers. Denmark forced german soldiers after WW2 to take a walk through the landmine-filled beaches. All nations do wierd shit sometimes. America is no exception. It's just that they're the big man (thus their faults get noticed), and we're the little man.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#21 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 13:22

SquigPie, on 2 May 2011, 15:17, said:

Don't all countries do this? England tested Mustard gas on Indian (or Australian? Don't remember) soldiers. Denmark forced german soldiers after WW2 to take a walk through the landmine-filled beaches. All nations do wierd shit sometimes. America is no exception. It's just that they're the big man (thus their faults get noticed), and we're the little man.
You're talking about stuff that happened fifty years ago. Hasn't the world moved on since? :sly:
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 13:44

Chyros, on 2 May 2011, 21:22, said:

SquigPie, on 2 May 2011, 15:17, said:

You're talking about stuff that happened fifty years ago. Hasn't the world moved on since? :sly:

I'm certain on one thing, Chyros.

If humanity as a whole as capable of 'moving on', none of us, and I mean, none of, would be here, typing this very moment.

I hope you won't ask me to explain, because I simply have no idea what I said.
Posted Image

#23 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 02 May 2011 - 13:50

*Facepalms at Destiny*
*Facepalms at Alias*

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#24 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 13:53

n5p29, on 2 May 2011, 8:29, said:

There are reasons beyond this that attribute themselves to that fact, though this could very well be one of the minor reasons.

I doubt this whole event. I would more likely believe he died of kidney failure than being gunned down, defending himself. Osama's death doesn't solve anything, and to a larger extent, it probably will make things worse. How convenient that his body was buried at sea, and within a 24 hour block of time. There are too many aspects about this event that can be fabricated that cause me to seriously doubt it all.

If Osama's dead, where does this end? What's going to happen next?

I'm guessing because now that Osama's "dead", the US had just placed a target on its forehead. I say this, because this morning, a city in my state has shut down its entire lower section because of a bomb threat. Streets and businesses in the area have been closed until the threat has been investigated.
Posted Image

#25 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 02 May 2011 - 14:11

Alias, on 2 May 2011, 8:47, said:

Well, according to everything I've read, they attempted to take him alive. He died in a firefight with DevGru operators- that's not an assassination. I'd rather you get off your high horse, and stop taking every opportunity you have to bash America, maybe do a little research instead.

Sgt. Nuker, on 2 May 2011, 9:53, said:

n5p29, on 2 May 2011, 8:29, said:

There are reasons beyond this that attribute themselves to that fact, though this could very well be one of the minor reasons.

I doubt this whole event. I would more likely believe he died of kidney failure than being gunned down, defending himself. Osama's death doesn't solve anything, and to a larger extent, it probably will make things worse. How convenient that his body was buried at sea, and within a 24 hour block of time. There are too many aspects about this event that can be fabricated that cause me to seriously doubt it all.

If Osama's dead, where does this end? What's going to happen next?

I'm guessing because now that Osama's "dead", the US had just placed a target on its forehead. I say this, because this morning, a city in my state has shut down its entire lower section because of a bomb threat. Streets and businesses in the area have been closed until the threat has been investigated.

I don't know where it goes from here, but I do believe he was killed by American special operators, apparently acting on intelligence from Pakistani intelligence. It certainly does open us up from retribution, but would it be better that a man responsible for the deaths of thousands lives on plotting the deaths of even more? War is a horrible thing, but, as much bad as it may bring, I do believe that removing Osama from the equation is ultimately for the better of everyone.

Edited by Jok3r, 02 May 2011 - 14:14.

kinda, sorta alive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users