Suggestions and bugs

15 replies to this topic

#1 PsionicAnnihilator

• Project Team
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 16:13

Hello, after a long time of playing I got some suggestions and bugs.

Suggestions:
-Burst Drones have blood,they are robotic drones, they don't have flesh. IMO they should either have no blood at all or some different effects.
-Allied PP has this fan that is suppose to spin as shown in the concept of "Pens to Pixels
-Robotic units without pilot shouldn't be affected by Natasha's pilot snipe. FutureTank x-1, ShogunX etc
-Same with bribe, some units should be immune to bribe. Robots being bribed by spies? lol
-For the Soviet's Tsar missile do you guys use the vacuum imploder's bomb model? Is it possible to extract the bomb model from Allies Campaign's Kirov which carried 50 megaton bomb.
-Uprising load screens?
-Is it possible for Yuriko to destroy heavier aircraft by slowly damaging it in air instead of instantly destroying it no matter the size?
-Tank busters maybe should be invisible in it's spiderhole form to radar. Normally units won't see or attack tankbuster but can attack when ordered to. (more like shinobi's smoke) More useful when ambushing.
-Rocket exausts and smokes should be enabled in Low VFX, but disabled in very low. The only reason why your system slows down in medium is because of the reflective shiny looks not the additional effects. You see dust type of smokes all the time in game but not the rocket ones. Without it their glows makes it kinda look worse. Its looks like a rocket covered in a around photon rocket.
You only see these round blue balls.
-When Vacuum Imploder is dropped maybe it should give a very small amount of damage right after it is dropped? (is it me or is the sucking placement is bit lowered?)
-Some of us who doesn't have good computers, can't see the some of the visual enhancements like the toxic spill effect on Super PP. Those kind of effects doesn't affect any game play performance. Make them available in LOW VFX?
-Iron Curtain Should be lethal to MortarCycles?
-Terror Drones should not attack Mortar Cycles. Maybe they could instantly kill it like they kill any other infantries.
-Terror Drones are little bigger? How can that big terror drone destroy small vehicles like mecha tengus, and sickles from inside freely... It's 2/3 of their size
-In uprising they have this new desolator effect. It looks very acidic and even shows up on water. In normal ra3 the desolator effect does not show up in water.
-When you select bunch of Chrono Tanks, maybe you could disable their chronoshift abilities, so that it only works one by one. This way they won't overlap. Soviet ENgineer and some other units work like this too.
-Smoke effects when infantries are zapped.
-Should Mortarcycles be shrunken? Its half infantry and half vehicle.
-Proton Colliders should destroy aircrafts if it hits any aircraft on it's way just like the soviet satellite drop. and remove aircraft from being painted in red when you chose your proton collider launch target. (since it doesn't deal damage to them)
-Twinblades are OP
-Sentry guns affected by Pilot Snipe? then only making conscripts go inside it to make it work again?
-Queue multiple nanocores at time
-CnC 3 dirt splash effect?
Bugs:
-Soviet PP doesn't have the animation when it gets sold in it's overheat form.
-When you choose the new Multiplayer colors you desynch with the other human players. (rechecked, seem to only happen with some people)
-Tsunamis look like their projectiles are not exactly coming from it's barrels. It's bit lowered.
-Greater King Onis can bullrush into structures at sea causing them to be paralysed.
-Sometimes don't deal damage to structures when they jump on them.
-Mortar cycles doesn't have the throwing animation
-The Vacuum Imploder effect reappears again even after it has finished imploding.

About scaling, it's either that aircrafts are too small or infantries are too small, but its way better than the original. It looks unrealistic for 5 infantries to fit inside twinblade that is smaller than a tank. Well it is Red Alert. Not meant to be serious.
These are just my ideas. Some of them could be stupid.

Also is anyone else encountering a bug when trying to use MoD SDK WorldEditor with ST?

Oh and make sure you guys use the latest upheaval source code. I told Bieber about few bugs like Natasha not sniping mortar cycles, and grinder treads upgrade.
He also fixed the allied tent bug in his new version.

Edit: Re-organised the list
Edit: Added few more things.

Edited by PsionicAnnihilator, 08 June 2011 - 12:01.

#2 V.Metalic

Never fear the night, youngling.

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts
  • Projects: Project Evans, Shock Therapy

Posted 21 May 2011 - 18:15

For iron-curtained infantry, it is not that they "melt". they are crushed by the Iron Curtain.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#3 PsionicAnnihilator

• Project Team
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:06

View PostV.Metalic, on 22 May 2011, 2:15, said:

For iron-curtained infantry, it is not that they "melt". they are crushed by the Iron Curtain.

Hmm... maybe you are right I thought the iron curtain was this very hot metallic cover.

#4 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:49

View PostPsionicAnnihilator, on 22 May 2011, 4:06, said:

Hmm... maybe you are right I thought the iron curtain was this very hot metallic cover.

No, it is very concentrated energy from what I found, thought it is unknown how it works, somehow like Iron Curtain collects all that energy, than it unleashes around the target area and the energy covers the vehicles with so huge amount of concentrated energy that nothing can penetrate it, probably even the psychic attacks. Infantry is killed by it simply because its too heavy and strong force to bear, thought theoretically battlesuits can be not destroyed by it, like Tesla Trooper or Desolator. Cryo Legionnaire has exposed face, so will be also killed by it.
Posted Image

Also I am fan of fan-made Transformers Legacy. Even its fan-made, its really nice work. If you want to check it out, come here.

#5 PsionicAnnihilator

• Project Team
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 15:38

View PostV.Metalic, on 22 May 2011, 16:49, said:

View PostPsionicAnnihilator, on 22 May 2011, 4:06, said:

No, it is very concentrated energy from what I found, thought it is unknown how it works, somehow like Iron Curtain collects all that energy, than it unleashes around the target area and the energy covers the vehicles with so huge amount of concentrated energy that nothing can penetrate it, probably even the psychic attacks. Infantry is killed by it simply because its too heavy and strong force to bear, thought theoretically battlesuits can be not destroyed by it, like Tesla Trooper or Desolator. Cryo Legionnaire has exposed face, so will be also killed by it.

Then the effect could be something like...
Infantries get bigger and fatter (like the chrono effect) with the iron curtain texture. Then they explode into blood like in uprising.
However it would be pretty hard because I heard that you have to add it to every infantry.

#6 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 17:38

Bigger? Fatter? Why? I said they are crushed by the force, they would be instead formed into an orb, or the blood and flesh would come out from them, or it could remain as it is. I dont see much a reason to change the effect of it.
Posted Image

#7 PsionicAnnihilator

• Project Team
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:18

View PostV.Metalic, on 23 May 2011, 1:38, said:

Bigger? Fatter? Why? I said they are crushed by the force, they would be instead formed into an orb, or the blood and flesh would come out from them, or it could remain as it is. I dont see much a reason to change the effect of it.

Hm.. I thought so much energy would be absorbed by their body which causes them to expand until they explode.
Also there should be the blood splash effect when infantries are crusehd by vacuum imploder.

#8 Com-Link

Regular

• Project Leader
  • 150 posts
  • Projects: Shock Therapy

Posted 25 May 2011 - 21:17

I've looked it up, and the Iron Curtain is an 'energy shield' used on vehicles. So it doesn't actually crush infantry upon use.
Posted Image

Mess with the Best
Die like the Rest

#9 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:55

View PostCom-Link, on 25 May 2011, 21:17, said:

I've looked it up, and the Iron Curtain is an 'energy shield' used on vehicles. So it doesn't actually crush infantry upon use.

Than what happens.
Posted Image

#10 Com-Link

Regular

• Project Leader
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 14:25

View PostV.Metalic, on 26 May 2011, 14:55, said:

Than what happens.

Well, Westwood was never really specific with how the Iron Curtain is supposed to work, beyond it using an energy shield to make vehicles temporary invulnerable (obviously). (especially since the first Iron Curtain (RA1) and the second one (RA2) were developed by two totally different teams, so it could be yet another 'plot hole')

But I'd say that it requires a massive amount of energy, which would probably be too much for a human body to handle. The 'reaction' would just instantly scorch any unprotected person. And Tesla Troopers probably aren't designed to handle that much energy either.
(In my opinion, even small robotic vehicles like Terror Drones with all their delicate electronics couldn't even handle the surge of energy...)

Also, the first Iron Curtain, lore wise, was a by-product of Nikolai Tesla's research, stolen by the NKVD and constructed in great secrecy (even to Stalin himself). So the Iron Curtain is linked to Tesla Technology in a way, though I don't know how exactly (probably in methods of creating the energy levels required).
Posted Image

Mess with the Best
Die like the Rest

#11 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 15:05

View PostCom-Link, on 26 May 2011, 15:25, said:

Than what happens.

Well, Westwood was never really specific with how the Iron Curtain is supposed to work, beyond it using an energy shield to make vehicles temporary invulnerable (obviously). (especially since the first Iron Curtain (RA1) and the second one (RA2) were developed by two totally different teams, so it could be yet another 'plot hole')

But I'd say that it requires a massive amount of energy, which would probably be too much for a human body to handle. The 'reaction' would just instantly scorch any unprotected person. And Tesla Troopers probably aren't designed to handle that much energy either.
(In my opinion, even small robotic vehicles like Terror Drones with all their delicate electronics couldn't even handle the surge of energy...)

Also, the first Iron Curtain, lore wise, was a by-product of Nikolai Tesla's research, stolen by the NKVD and constructed in great secrecy (even to Stalin himself). So the Iron Curtain is linked to Tesla Technology in a way, though I don't know how exactly (probably in methods of creating the energy levels required).

Thats pretty much what I said, the infantry is crushed by the enerrgy "shield".
Posted Image

#12 NRedAlert

Casual

• Project Team
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 20:15

View PostV.Metalic, on 26 May 2011, 8:05, said:

Than what happens.

The infantry is not crushed by the field; it is merely overwhelmed by the energy of the field and killed instantly. No gravatic crushing involved.
Posted Image

#13 V.Metalic

• Project Team
  • 1218 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 20:25

View PostNRedAlert, on 26 May 2011, 21:15, said:

View PostV.Metalic, on 26 May 2011, 8:05, said:

Than what happens.

The infantry is not crushed by the field; it is merely overwhelmed by the energy of the field and killed instantly. No gravatic crushing involved.

Pretty much.
Posted Image

#14 PsionicAnnihilator

• Project Team
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 15:52

Updated again

Edited by PsionicAnnihilator, 08 June 2011 - 11:55.

#15 PsionicAnnihilator

• Project Team
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:13

I just found a bug, it's a game bug that was present in the vanilla ra3.

When infantries come out from barracks, they don't head straight, they go little bit to the left (if you are looking the back of the barracks if not they go to the right)

It's really noticeable when you zoom and see. You would see them going through one side of the door. They just don't go straight.
I wonder if it''s fixable through modding.

#16 PsionicAnnihilator

• Project Team
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:36

Oh and noticed few other things,
When upgraded allied Power Plant is sold, the glowing effect stays in mid air then disappears.

Also for terror drones, they seem to have the healing "+" sign instead of the vehicle repair sign.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users