Jump to content


Witcher 2


12 replies to this topic

#1 Z_mann

    Professional

  • Member
  • 327 posts
  • Projects: Zero Hour Unleashed

Posted 25 May 2011 - 22:46

No comments on this title? I did not exactly play it, but I did look at some stuff the beginning of the game, and I'm quite impressed! This is totally better than most modern RPG games I've played.
Posted Image

Posted Image


Science is magic, only complicated.

#2 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 26 May 2011 - 00:11

I've ordered it, but royal mail seem to have bloody lost it! I have to go down tomorrow again and hopefully they will have found it. It looks absolutely amazing.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Wizard

    [...beep...]

  • Administrator
  • 9,627 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:18

If I get some time in the next few weeks (unlikely) this might take up "some" of my time until Space Marine comes out. I am not normally an RPG player, but this does appear to be worth a look and it's getting some pretty good reviews.

#4 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:27

Finally picked up my copy today, exams are nearly over for me so..

Only played about 4hrs, but godamn is it epic. I really cannot praise this game enough.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Nem

    Director

  • Gold Member
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:50

View PostIon Cannon!, on 1 Jun 2011, 23:27, said:

Finally picked up my copy today, exams are nearly over for me so..

Only played about 4hrs, but godamn is it epic. I really cannot praise this game enough.


Agreed. All of the PC gamers who complain about the lack of quality exclusives owe it to the platform to buy this game. I'm only a few hours in, and I am hooked in a way I haven't been for any game, in a long time.

#6 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:48

If anyone is worried about performance issues, don't be. I don't have the recommended specs (Although nearly) and I can play it on max with 0 problems as long as you turn off ubersampling. I've heard that can massively reduce your FPS.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:08

Double post, but seriously, who has bought/playing or is planning to buy this? If your thinking about it and like RPG's. Don't think, simply buy it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Raven

    Ready to rumble

  • Member Test
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:55

I might get it. I was worried about the performance, then I saw that they even removed DRM which further increased the performance. I think this game deserves to be bought. I was not a big fan of the combat system in the earlier game. It was very frustrating. I hope its changed this time. Any comments on that?

#9 CJ

    Rocket soldier

  • Member Test
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:16

Does it require having played the first game to understand the story? Cause I cba to do that, especially after losing my save file.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet


#10 Wizard

    [...beep...]

  • Administrator
  • 9,627 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:48

As I've said, I am tempted. Everything I read about it tells me to buy it, but, I guess with RPG's, you need to invest some time in it? Something I have in short supply. Game does look fantastic though.

#11 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:57

View PostRaven, on 6 Jun 2011, 4:55, said:

I might get it. I was worried about the performance, then I saw that they even removed DRM which further increased the performance. I think this game deserves to be bought. I was not a big fan of the combat system in the earlier game. It was very frustrating. I hope its changed this time. Any comments on that?

The combat system is changed completely, its simple to use but hard to master.

View PostCJ, on 6 Jun 2011, 8:16, said:

Does it require having played the first game to understand the story? Cause I cba to do that, especially after losing my save file.

It would probably help, but no, its not required.

View PostWizard, on 6 Jun 2011, 10:48, said:

As I've said, I am tempted. Everything I read about it tells me to buy it, but, I guess with RPG's, you need to invest some time in it? Something I have in short supply. Game does look fantastic though.

You do need to invest some time yes, but you can do that over a longer period, you don't have to rush through it in a week.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Raven

    Ready to rumble

  • Member Test
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 16:25

Time is also a problem for me. But I might end up getting this. This is too tempting :xD:

#13 Ion Cannon!

    Mountain Maniac

  • Gold Member
  • 5,812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 17 August 2011 - 15:28

Theres going to be a free Version 2.0 which adds quite a bit of content. CDPR are basically behaving like Valve, and that is something I love.
Posted Image

Posted Image





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users