Google Plus

12 replies to this topic

#1 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 23:07

Well, I have a lot more to say about this (although for now it's a bit late and thus I won't be able to sort anything out tonight) but for now I'll keep it short and sweet.

This is rather evolutionary, and pretty much mashed up FB, Twitter, and Tumblr into one great big pot, separates them all, and allows you to use the system as you like. In other words, for such a simplistic system, its very versatile. It comes highly recommended.

If anybody cares to be invited, I can do if you'd like :xD:
For there can be no death without life.

#2 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 22:52

Really? Is this going to be the new thing now? In 5 years am I going to be dragged to the cinema by the wife to watch a movie about how Zuckerberg sued Google over the rights to have the biggest attention whore database??! Or is this going to be the kewl techy kids Facebook till the thong wearing, orange tanned bimbos and meme loving window lickers catch on after it trends on another one of these God Fucking Awful social networking sites? Or worse still, am I going to use one of the few useful sites left on the internet, only to find that the first 60 pages of search results are links to Google+ members because, they will ofc, tune the search to suit their own completely and utterly fucking useless corporate agenda????

#3 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 July 2011 - 23:31

View PostWizard, on 11 Jul 2011, 23:52, said:

Really? Is this going to be the new thing now? In 5 years am I going to be dragged to the cinema by the wife to watch a movie about how Zuckerberg sued Google over the rights to have the biggest attention whore database??! Or is this going to be the kewl techy kids Facebook till the thong wearing, orange tanned bimbos and meme loving window lickers catch on after it trends on another one of these God Fucking Awful social networking sites? Or worse still, am I going to use one of the few useful sites left on the internet, only to find that the first 60 pages of search results are links to Google+ members because, they will ofc, tune the search to suit their own completely and utterly fucking useless corporate agenda????

Wiz my good man you have a way with words.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:08

I joined just to brag to everyone else that I was there before they were.

#5 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:20

I don't nearly put enough trust in these kind of services to post my personal info on them, ESPECIALLY when it's Big Google that we're talking about.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#6 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 12 July 2011 - 14:54

I personally find facebook extremely useful for organising to see people in person, and keeping in touch with them when that isn't a possibility. Sure, there are duckface poser 'tards on social networking sites, but I see that as a problem with the people rather than a problem with the website...

#7 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 12 July 2011 - 14:55

Why, OH WHY, did I not buy Google stock 5 years ago. *facepalm*
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#8 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 14 July 2011 - 21:40

Heh I've been using Google+ and I've got to say the biggest draw to it is how easy it is to separate your contacts into clearly defined groups and then to make sure you control who sees what. Other bonuses include the ability to mute posts I grow tired of. The fact that I don't NEED to see the posts of people who added me to a circle is a plus. And yes I am comfortable with putting personal information online. I know I will be getting ads on these sites. They may as well be relevant to my interests.
Posted Image

#9 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:44

Or is this going to be the kewl techy kids Facebook ...

Looks like I am spot on :xD:

#10 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:29

View PostWizard, on 15 Jul 2011, 22:44, said:

Yeah, exactly what I was going to post. I think I'll wait until it gets to at least 60%.

Posted Image

#11 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:06

View PostAlias, on 18 Jul 2011, 12:29, said:

Yeah, exactly what I was going to post. I think I'll wait until it gets to at least 60%.

Going to use it to pick up girls, are you? :xD:

#12 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:11

View PostRich19, on 18 Jul 2011, 22:06, said:

View PostAlias, on 18 Jul 2011, 12:29, said:

Going to use it to pick up girls, are you? :xD:
No, rather the fact that like a normal person around 50% of the people I know are female.

Posted Image

#13 Krieger22

Semi-Pro

• 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:53

Looks good, but what in the world is the minimum age for using this? I got the invite, but I'm told by Google that I am currently ineligible for whatever reason.

Sareen said:

NOOO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOO ...*closes ears* lalalala that never happened!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users