How to simulate interior maps in C&C3

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ixonoclast

Amateur

• 103 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 22:35

Thanks to games like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro 2033, I've been quite interested in underground combat. I've done some experiments in the World Builder, looking for a way to create hallways.

However, I am just an upstart mapper in C&C3, and I can't seem to figure out a good and easy way to create "the walls", ignoring making raised steep cliffs with horrible texture errors. Besides, it's quite tough to make straight walls and hallways this way.

Can anyone help me out here?

Edited by Ixonoclast, 23 July 2011 - 22:36.

Posted Image

#2 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 24 July 2011 - 16:21

From what I know, DaFool simulated those in Invasion Confirmed (GenZH mod) with very steep and square cliffs, which had a black texture at the top. Same way RA1 did that iirc. I can only assume as TW is an upgrade from GenZH, you can do the same in TW.
Posted Image

#3 Ixonoclast

Amateur

• 103 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 23:47

Works like a charm. Does anyone know a trick how to make good use of the dock "structures? I can't seem to get them properly aligned next to each other to form walls.
Posted Image

#4 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 15:02

Dock objects can be alligned using co-ordinates you can manipulate in the object properties window. Just give them the same X/Y value and it should properly align itself. Make sure you place them at 90/180/270 degrees by the way.
Sadly enough, C&C3 doesn't have the fence tool (at least, that's what I think), otherwise you can just select the dock object and chain-place them using said tool.
Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#5 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 30 July 2011 - 16:30

View PostAmdrial, on 30 July 2011 - 15:02, said:

Dock objects can be alligned using co-ordinates you can manipulate in the object properties window. Just give them the same X/Y value and it should properly align itself. Make sure you place them at 90/180/270 degrees by the way.
Sadly enough, C&C3 doesn't have the fence tool (at least, that's what I think), otherwise you can just select the dock object and chain-place them using said tool.

I always thought that the Fence tool only worked with pre-selected objects (ie only fences)?
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users