#26 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:53

View PostAlias, on 28 July 2011 - 10:52, said:

View PostIon Cannon!, on 28 July 2011 - 10:49, said:

Where has the youtube button gone? and do we really need a twatter one?

I actually tried typing the youtube extension manually and it still didn't work.

For the moment, you need to use [media] and use the full length Youtube URL.

Ah thats good to know, thanks.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:04

Im scared and don't know how to use this! I liked the other one better *sighs* :D

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#28 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:29

Okay.. I can only use the [media] attachment once per post? But posting again lets me use it multiple times and just autocombines my posts, although after using the [media] attachment twice, it stopped working. Please increase the media limit per post, its just a pain in the arse having to post 5x to post 5 videos. If your wondering what I'm getting at, see my Metal Mania thread.

Oh and on top of that you then can't edit your post because it counts all your (in this case 8) posts as the same one, so if you edit and save it comes up with the message "Sorry, you have attached to much media"

Change this aspect back to the old system if you can, because this new one is pants on head retarded.

I've also yet to see anyone explain the benefits of switching over to IPB3. Apart from it lets you have more control over validating members. I really hope theres more to it than that, otherwise it becomes a question of why fix something that isn't broken.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 28 July 2011 - 11:35.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:26

Saving ...

#30 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 13:58

View PostIon Cannon!, on 28 July 2011 - 11:29, said:

Okay.. I can only use the [media] attachment once per post? But posting again lets me use it multiple times and just autocombines my posts, although after using the [media] attachment twice, it stopped working. Please increase the media limit per post, its just a pain in the arse having to post 5x to post 5 videos. If your wondering what I'm getting at, see my Metal Mania thread.

Oh and on top of that you then can't edit your post because it counts all your (in this case 8) posts as the same one, so if you edit and save it comes up with the message "Sorry, you have attached to much media"

Change this aspect back to the old system if you can, because this new one is pants on head retarded.

I've upped the limit for now, I will look into trying to change the way the current system works so its easier to use.

View PostIon Cannon!, on 28 July 2011 - 11:29, said:

I've also yet to see anyone explain the benefits of switching over to IPB3. Apart from it lets you have more control over validating members. I really hope theres more to it than that, otherwise it becomes a question of why fix something that isn't broken.

The old forum software was getting dangerously out of date and updating has been on the cards for a long time. One of the main reasons for updating is to make sure we don't get left behind, IPB 2.3 (what we were running before) is no longer supported or downloadable from IPB, which means we were running the risk of ending up with a broken forum with no one to help fix it.

There will be things out of place, but I'm sure after a week or two any problems that you have with the software will have been sorted out :D
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#31 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 28 July 2011 - 16:26

I initially thought I was at the wrong place :rotfl:
Posted Image

#32 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 16:33

Thanks for raising the limit doc, and thankyou for explaining the reasons behind the upgrade, it makes alot more sense now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 16:43

90x90 for the personal photos look so awwwwwwwwwwwwwfully tiny somewhat, some member's 'avatars' look...scary :rotfl:
Posted Image

#34 Admiral FCS

?????

• Member Test
  • 1526 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 17:52

so...white... :rotfl:

Probably because of the skin that I'm patiently waiting for the orange glow to come back :rotfl:

#35 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 18:34

Well done, I think this was first discussed 2 years ago. Good to see it finally happen. Have fun bug hunting guys.

#36 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 28 July 2011 - 19:36

Two requests here :
1/- Getting the time to display like it's meant to (24 hour format instead of the silly AM/PM)
(Tools & Settings > System Settings > System > Date, Time and Number Formats)

2/- Fixing the WYSIWYG editor, right now if you toggle the editing mode, all BBCode buttons will be disabled. I'm not sure how this can be fixed, but after a bit of research on google, I think it might have to do with the Rich Text editor settings...

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#37 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 20:23

View PostCJ, on 28 July 2011 - 19:36, said:

Two requests here :
1/- Getting the time to display like it's meant to (24 hour format instead of the silly AM/PM)
(Tools & Settings > System Settings > System > Date, Time and Number Formats)

2/- Fixing the WYSIWYG editor, right now if you toggle the editing mode, all BBCode buttons will be disabled. I'm not sure how this can be fixed, but after a bit of research on google, I think it might have to do with the Rich Text editor settings...

1) Fix'd

2) This is supposed to happen. The default editor is the rich text editor, the 'toggled' mode is the basic text editor, and it disables all BBCode buttons so that you don't accidentally add tags etc. Essentially, if you toggle the editor, you're going for a code-only solution atm. I will see if there's a way around it though.
For there can be no death without life.

#38 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 28 July 2011 - 20:54

<p>

View PostAJ, on 28 July 2011 - 20:23, said:

</p>
<p>

View PostCJ, on 28 July 2011 - 19:36, said:

</p>
<p>
Two requests here :</p>
<p>
1/- Getting the time to display like it's meant to (24 hour format instead of the silly AM/PM)</p>
<p>
(Tools & Settings > System Settings > System > Date, Time and Number Formats)</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
2/- Fixing the WYSIWYG editor, right now if you toggle the editing mode, all BBCode buttons will be disabled. I'm not sure how this can be fixed, but after a bit of research on google, I think it might have to do with the Rich Text editor settings...</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
1) Fix'd </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
2) This is supposed to happen. The default editor is the rich text editor, the 'toggled' mode is the basic text editor, and it disables all BBCode buttons so that you don't accidentally add tags etc. Essentially, if you toggle the editor, you're going for a code-only solution atm. I will see if there's a way around it though.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
Cheers mate
I'd also like to point out that embedding images won't work, it just displays the [ img] balises in the message, and if you preview a message in which you tried to embed an image, you'd only find the image name in the text box.
Also, <p>'s everywhere when quoting after having disabled the WYSIWYG editor, as you can see :rotfl:

Edited by CJ, 28 July 2011 - 20:55.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#39 Jinzor

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 148 posts
  • Projects: 2142 Northern Excursion Mod

Posted 28 July 2011 - 21:08

Yeah, I hope the skins come soon. I really liked that blue-look.
Posted Image

Steam: Jinz
X-Fire: jinrenegade

#40 cccdfern

Professional

• 318 posts
  • Projects: FoxMod

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:32

this is so, different, so changed, must get used to this and use it. It looks good, but I miss my orange and almost thought I'd bookmarked the wrong site.
To listen and learn, or contribute and teach.

#41 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 29 July 2011 - 15:48

OMFG, where am I? :rotfl:
is this really Fallout Studios?
and my avatar is gone :rotfl:

even updates and changes needed, I think there's many unnecessary things added. the old one works just fine.
will the new skin works as close as the old one? because this place loaded even more slower here due to extensive javascript use. >.>

#42 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 17:24

View Postn5p29, on 29 July 2011 - 15:48, said:

OMFG, where am I? :rotfl:
is this really Fallout Studios?
and my avatar is gone :rotfl:

even updates and changes needed, I think there's many unnecessary things added. the old one works just fine.
will the new skin works as close as the old one? because this place loaded even more slower here due to extensive javascript use. >.>

The long loading speed has nothing to do with javascript, as the javascript doesn't do anything until you activate it (for the most part). And to be honest, there isn't that much JS anyway. This page got a rank of 95 / 100 for rendering time (which is pretty darn good), the long loading time is due to the strain the server is currently under. Hopefully this will improve over time. :rotfl:

@Everyone asking about skins: I am currently working on the blue skin (sorry FS Orange fans), it will probably be a while 'til it's finished, but I might release a beta version of it over the weekend, providing I can get the basic interface done.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#43 Madin

Amateur

• 138 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 17:53

For pity's sake can you add the not unreasonable ability for a user to delete a thread they've made that has zero replies?

PPM is the only C&C site I know that has this.

#44 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 21:59

Nope. No deletions for anyone but staff and project leaders.

#45 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 22:49

I got a little bit confuse about youtube code.

Just copy and past with link or something?

#46 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 23:05

To post a youtube video, you need to post the whole url inside the new media tags, for example:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs__1a1gbPo[/media]

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#47 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 00:03

You don't even need to use the media tags anymore, AJ added that feature last night I believe.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:26

Ah, thanks.

That was easy :rotfl:

#49 Amdrial

Naval Wrenchineer

• Project Leader
  • 3047 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 15:09

Is there any chance Fallout Blue is going to make a return? I'm not really a fan of orange myself (Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the effort put into the upgrade though)

Edit: "@Everyone asking about skins: I am currently working on the blue skin (sorry FS Orange fans), it will probably be a while 'til it's finished, but I might release a beta version of it over the weekend, providing I can get the basic interface done."
Reading. I can do it.

Edited by Amdrial, 30 July 2011 - 15:18.

Posted Image
The above signature was made by TheDR.
Posted Image

#50 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 15:13

View PostAmdrial, on 30 July 2011 - 15:09, said:

Is there any chance Fallout Blue is going to make a return? I'm not really a fan of orange myself (Doesn't mean I don't appreciate the effort put into the upgrade though)

Yes there is, Bob has been working hard on it since we updated :rotfl:

Edited by TheDR, 30 July 2011 - 15:13.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users