Fallout Blue IPB3 Bug Report

14 replies to this topic

#1 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 22:45

If you see any bugs in any of the completed sections post them here. 8| Fallout Blue (and IPB3 skins in general) use a lot of CSS3, which is only supported in modern browsers, and some browsers vary. I've only been testing in FF6.0b, so it would be helpful if you do find a bug, to post which browser (and version) you are using. A screenshot and / or link may also be useful.

Completed Sections
  • Board Index
  • Forum View
  • Thread View (not including post box)

To Do List (Not including 'unfinished' sections)
  • Polls
  • Multiquote Popup
  • Attached files
  • Menus (e.g. theme picker)
  • Hook (side panel) close buttons
  • Thread Preview / Close Preview button
  • Mini ajax loader
  • Spoiler button
  • Global announcements

Edited by Bob, 30 October 2011 - 17:32.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 07 August 2011 - 23:04

.gif images don't work right at the moment as avatars, they act like still images in ones post but act normally as your profile image.

Edited by Soul, 07 August 2011 - 23:04.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#3 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:43

Polls need looking at.

#4 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:43

Page numbers in the orange scheme are near impossible to read without highlighting.

#5 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 08 August 2011 - 16:36

Posts sometime refuse to safe / take very long to save. Destiny says F5 solves this, but I haven't tried that, nor do I believe it will work.
Using the latest FF (non-beta).
Posted Image

#6 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 17:31

View PostWizard, on 08 August 2011 - 07:43, said:

Polls need looking at.

Oh yeah, was gonna look at that, but forgot. 8|

Will be next on the list. |8

View PostSoul, on 07 August 2011 - 23:04, said:

.gif images don't work right at the moment as avatars, they act like still images in ones post but act normally as your profile image.

View PostBoidy, on 08 August 2011 - 08:43, said:

Page numbers in the orange scheme are near impossible to read without highlighting.

View PostDutchygamer, on 08 August 2011 - 16:36, said:

Posts sometime refuse to safe / take very long to save. Destiny says F5 solves this, but I haven't tried that, nor do I believe it will work.

This thread is for Fallout Blue bugs, but I'll try and answer them.

I believe gifs are cached on the server, and I seem to remember seeing an option to allow animated gifs on the board index, presumably this applies to posts too. I'll look into it. EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it, as it's already been enabled. :P

AJ has a fallout orange thread here.

Posts generally do get posted. however, the response that is received is 503 server error, and apparently the AJAX poster isn't set up to receive this so just carries on loading (even though it has received a response). I dunno if AJ is still fiddling around with various things, if he is, hopefully this problem will resolve it's self once things have settled down.

Edited by Bob, 08 August 2011 - 18:08.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#7 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:38

The sign in button needs a look. I am able to sign in when I view the members page, but not on the forum's home page.
Posted Image

#8 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:07

Bob, blue members at the bottom

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Destiny

is a bit hard to read at certain monitor angles/sometimes/when there's strong light...
Posted Image

#9 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:13

Global Announcements also need looking at, more specifically their styles in a subforum.

#10 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 18:03

Since the IPB3 change the forums give me a disproportionate amount of error 500's. Is this a temporary issue or does the server simply suck?
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 18:07

View PostChyros, on 09 August 2011 - 18:03, said:

Since the IPB3 change the forums give me a disproportionate amount of error 500's. Is this a temporary issue or does the server simply suck?

Huh, I haven't tried that, at least not yet.

View PostDutchygamer, on 08 August 2011 - 16:36, said:

I've got the long-long saving bug, if I F5 immidiatly it cancels the post, if I do it after a while the post will appear.

Edited by SquigPie, 09 August 2011 - 18:08.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#12 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:20

View PostSquigPie, on 09 August 2011 - 18:07, said:

I've got the long-long saving bug, if I F5 immidiatly it cancels the post, if I do it after a while the post will appear.
Wait for the little 3 dots at the top to disappear. I find that if you do it after that it's usually fine.

Posted Image

#13 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:26

View PostAlias, on 10 August 2011 - 01:20, said:

Wait for the little 3 dots at the top to disappear. I find that if you do it after that it's usually fine.
Alternatively use "More Reply Options" (the old "Full Reply"). It's LPTPW specific iirc, probably due to the sheer size of the SQL table that IPB 3 is trying to access to save your post.

#14 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 17:24

View PostWizard, on 10 August 2011 - 07:26, said:

View PostAlias, on 10 August 2011 - 01:20, said:

Alternatively use &quot;More Reply Options&quot; (the old &quot;Full Reply&quot;). It's LPTPW specific iirc, probably due to the sheer size of the SQL table that IPB 3 is trying to access to save your post.

While it does seem to be LPTPW specific, that isn't the reason, as all posts (from all topics) are saved into a single table.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#15 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 22:33

I've just quickly styled the poll section and the multi-quote popup. Let me know if I've missed anything. D8
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users