London burns

rioters run rampant

104 replies to this topic

#26 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 13:49

I'm sorry, but this is just getting stupid now.

*watches BBC interview with two of the most stupid women on the planet*

I guarantee you that this whole thing has started because there are too many idiots in the UK.

#27 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 13:56

View PostIon Cannon!, on 09 August 2011 - 13:09, said:

I really really wish people like this just ceased to exist.

I agree, but to do that we have to find the root of the problem. Forgetting the moral implications, we could kill everyone in the riots but that would only be temporary solution as these idiot youths would just be created again as its clearly a widespread and social problem connected to the way our cities work, these kind of people are being created in the bucket load and stopping the ones we have now would only delay the problem and Its obviously not just one small thing (the reason for why the protest started).

Its a combination of what Paved said and that these looters can't see the consequences to their actions. One of the bigger problems is an obvious one, humans as a race can't live in such tight living conditions, the kinds of housing estates are a breading ground, all you need is one idiot to influence the rest. Its more than likely that the majority of the rioters live in these estates. Another problem is the lack of respect the city block youth of today have to parents and the police; its mainly as they have no control and that these youths have seemingly more rights than everybody else does.

This kind of violence won't stop, it will only increase. The only way I can see to stop it would be to remove the majority of the housing estates. Stopping the idiots now would only be like cutting the head of a weed, the roots are still there and it would only grow back.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#28 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 14:12

I don't think the physical conditions of the living situation is the cause of the problems.

The problem is that these idiots are idiots, because they aren't raised, educated and instructed how to act appropriately. This is both a parental, government, social, economic and educational issue. But more fucking importantly, it's one of respect. Respect they don't have.

#29 Ixonoclast

Amateur

• 103 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 15:25

If you can't think, you don't know what respect is. In my opinion, it's a educational issue first.

The Dutch government already foresaw "lower class" riots due to lack of education in the late 19th century, and began setting up public school systems.

Fix the schools, solve the riots.
Posted Image

#30 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 09 August 2011 - 15:56

It is not the job of the education system or the social services to raise a child, thats a godamn fucking parents job. This is the root of the problem, parents who just don't give a fucking damn. I've seen it time and time before and sometimes the kid turns out alright, but a majority of times they turn into their parents and the cycle begins all over again. These people may live in "poverty" but it is relative poverty, go and live in Africa and then complain that your TV is only 32inches...

I would also add that money has been poured into the education system, most of which goes to the schools which underperform but it makes no difference. If a kid goes to school and already has not been parented well then it doesn't matter how good the teachers are or how well they are educated. Shitty foundations = shitty building, and the same applies to people in this respect. Yes this is not true of 100% of cases, but it is true of a large majority.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 09 August 2011 - 15:58.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 16:17

How to you propose "fixing" the parents then?

Posted Image

#32 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 09 August 2011 - 16:32

What UK really needs right now is a less faggoty government which would give a clearance for the army to shoot any pillager/rioter they see. There is no root to the problem, there's just a bunch of morons going around, and the fact that the authorities are not retaliating is what makes these idiots think they can do such things without any consequences.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#33 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 09 August 2011 - 16:46

Shoot everyone of those bastards, that's my opinion.
Posted Image

#34 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 17:13

Education systems are fine. It's that these morons won't listen or do as they are told. I've gone through school in the same country, the same generation as some of these dipshits and I can assure you, teachers cannot control these children, what we call "punishment" over here means nothing to these kids. They have spent their entire life knowing that the consequences are nothing compared to the personal gain, which unfortunately is more often than not reputation amongst likeminded fuckwits, acceptance into the twisted image of functioning society these kids have. Frankly, deciding on something to fix this situation is difficult. I really wish it were as simple as just shooting them all, I really do, but then their families, their children, their "friends" get the same ideas of rising up and caushing havoc because apparently they had a shitty upbringing and the government took away their "ever so dear loved ones"
Posted Image

#35 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 18:05

View PostCJ, on 09 August 2011 - 16:32, said:

What UK really needs right now is a less faggoty government which would give a clearance for the army to shoot any pillager/rioter they see. There is no root to the problem, there's just a bunch of morons going around, and the fact that the authorities are not retaliating is what makes these idiots think they can do such things without any consequences.

View PostDutchygamer, on 09 August 2011 - 16:46, said:

Shoot everyone of those bastards, that's my opinion.

Oh yes, because that's a FANTASTIC way to go about your daily routines! That lad on the street corner with his friends is looking at me funny. Better kill him, because he's obviously a yob and is just bound to cause trouble. Quick, let's murder all of them, who would care! I mean, they hardly have lives or anything, right?

They don't even have a brain! It's not like they're living properly as we do, is it?

No, of course not.

The fact of the matter is that killing anyone is an outrage - simply killing anyone would only incite more riots, and the ousting of the people who did it. I certainly wouldn't stand for the the right of the police to shoot those guys on sight. Not at all. Along the line of their lives, somewhere, these idiotic lot have been taught the wrong lessons. Maybe they did something wrong, and were given the wrong consequence which started a hatred of authority. I've seen that happen before. That certainly doesn't merit legal murder.

Others may have had bad parenting, or parents who couldn't muster the courage to best their child, (this girl I knew, who was always a bit of a bitch, had her mum called into the school after a spat. I think I learned new swears from the way she addressed her mother. It was horrible to hear). Not all of it is the same.

I'm not sure myself, what needs fixing, or how we would go about fixing it.

Edited by Brad, 09 August 2011 - 18:10.

You almost did, didn't you?

#36 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 18:06

What these fuckwits (nicely put btw Nid) don't understand is that we live in a meritocracy, whether they like it or not, which isn't going to change any time soon. The reason they don't understand it is that since 1995 they have been brainwashed into thinking that society owes them something and not that they have to earn it. Hence why they think just because they can't afford a 40" TV they could steal it

#37 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 18:09

View PostCJ, on 09 August 2011 - 16:32, said:

Obviously that's the wrong course of action. Refer to any past British quellings and you'll find they went pretty horrible.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 18:53

Well then, just leave these fucktards destroy the whole country while whining about their parents not raising them up properly, that could work too.

#39 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 19:15

View PostCJ, on 09 August 2011 - 18:53, said:

Well then, just leave these fucktards destroy the whole country while whining about their parents not raising them up properly, that could work too.

Cheers then.
Posted Image

#40 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 19:18

There is no easy way to resolve this problem, and really the only way you could absolutely eliminate it is a cull, but lets be realistic here. I think once the police start using rubber bullets and the rioters can actually get hurt, it will stop, until then it will just escalate.

Although these fuckwits care little for anyone else, they do care for themselves, if theres a chance they can be seriously hurt that will deter them, plus they're unlikely to get much sympathy from anyone, maybe some of those bollocks human rights groups but they will complain and try and make excuses for these scum whatever. In general public opinion will strongly favour the police doing anything to end this.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 19:33

Or just using water cannons and put them in prison? What's the point of killing all those people? That thought is just absurd, it would make you much worse than them.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 19:41

The cells in the police stations are already full and theres a ridiculous amount of paperwork to arrest even one person. We also don't have water cannon, they're in Ireland.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 19:58

View PostIon Cannon!, on 09 August 2011 - 19:41, said:

The cells in the police stations are already full and theres a ridiculous amount of paperwork to arrest even one person. We also don't have water cannon, they're in Ireland.
You... don't have water cannons? Oo

Requisition some fire trucks then, they can be put to good use extinguishing the fires anyway.

As for the cells being full, lightning court cases?

Edited by Chyros, 09 August 2011 - 19:59.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 20:41

View PostChyros, on 09 August 2011 - 19:33, said:

Or just using water cannons and put them in prison? What's the point of killing all those people? That thought is just absurd, it would make you much worse than them.

Well, if you were to put all these "people" in jail, I doubt there'd be enough places, plus it'd cost the state a fortune and a lot of time/effort to judge all of them, not to mention the money needed to take care of all the prisoners when they'll be in jail = more taxes for the taxpayers.
And do you really think that these "people" would stop what they're doing because they're sprayed with water? They'd simply scatter around and regroup a bit further each time.

However, if the authorities were to retaliate and harm the rioters, I'm sure more of them would think twice before risking their lives or their physical integrity.

#45 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 21:16

View PostCJ, on 09 August 2011 - 20:41, said:

Well, if you were to put all these "people" in jail, I doubt there'd be enough places, plus it'd cost the state a fortune and a lot of time/effort to judge all of them, not to mention the money needed to take care of all the prisoners when they'll be in jail = more taxes for the taxpayers.
And do you really think that these "people" would stop what they're doing because they're sprayed with water? They'd simply scatter around and regroup a bit further each time.

However, if the authorities were to retaliate and harm the rioters, I'm sure more of them would think twice before risking their lives or their physical integrity.
I'm not sure whether you know exactly how hard a water cannon fires but I can assure you you wouldn't go on after being hit by one 8| . It's not a garden hose or anything ffs |8 .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 21:26

View PostChyros, on 09 August 2011 - 21:16, said:

I'm not sure whether you know exactly how hard a water cannon fires but I can assure you you wouldn't go on after being hit by one 8| . It's not a garden hose or anything ffs |8 .

Well, I don't know how hard it hits you, but I've seen it in use before my eyes during the local revolution, and most of us were fast enough to get the hell out before it even got to us, then we simply regrouped in another part of the town center. And those who got hit by it were also running with us, so I guess it doesn't do as much damage as you think...

#47 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 21:51

View PostCJ, on 09 August 2011 - 21:26, said:

View PostChyros, on 09 August 2011 - 21:16, said:

Well, I don't know how hard it hits you, but I've seen it in use before my eyes during the local revolution, and most of us were fast enough to get the hell out before it even got to us, then we simply regrouped in another part of the town center. And those who got hit by it were also running with us, so I guess it doesn't do as much damage as you think...
Maybe your water cannons are different. The ones we use here tend to break limbs.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 09 August 2011 - 23:28

How disgraceful, I don't know the full story but I heard its over some guy getting killed by the police which many people had no relation too, these hooligans are causing this chaos purely because they're jumping on the bandwagon of what originally seemed a peaceful protest...

I think the British police/Government are being too lenient on them because they're protecting their 'rights' yet allow it to escalate further by not doing enough.. At least, that what I think.

Another thing that's just unbelievable is this: http://twitpic.com/634iax stealing a bag of Basmati rice...

Hope it doesn't spread anywhere else. :(
Posted Image

#49 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:25

This isn't Tiananmen Square.

Of all the control methods they should be using, they really should be using tear gas.

And in other news:

Mark Duggan, whose shooting by police sparked London's riots, did not fire a shot at police officers before they killed him, the Independent Police Complaints Commission said on Tuesday.
http://www.guardian....gan-police-ipcc

Edited by Alias, 10 August 2011 - 06:10.

Posted Image

#50 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:43

View PostAlias, on 10 August 2011 - 01:25, said:

This isn't Tiananmen Square.

Of all the control methods they should be using, they really should be using tear gas.
Yeah, that would definitely work as well.

Also, note that the tactics the police use (which do NOT involve shooting everyone) must have worked because apparently the riots in London stopped after the active police force was tripled last night. Other cities are still being rioted in, though.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users