Your favourite TV and movie moments

19 replies to this topic

#1 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:35

Post some of your favourite TV/movie moments.

I re-watched the The Sarah Connor Chronicles season 1 finale last night, and this is certinaly one of my favourite scenes in a TV show:

Johnny Cash is not the usual music you would find in Terminator, but damn it fits so well. :o
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:43

One of the most unleashed moments in movie comedy history ever :xD: . Though the town fight scene is also utterly brilliant :D .

Edited by Chyros, 14 August 2011 - 10:44.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 13:45

Pretty much any scene from Oldboy. But the famous fight scene takes the credit.

3 minutes, one shot, heavy realism.

Skip to 00:55 to go straight to the fight.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#4 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 14 August 2011 - 15:07

Not my all time fave but certainly something I can watch over and over

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 17:18

View PostPav:3d, on 14 August 2011 - 15:07, said:

Not my all time fave but certainly something I can watch over and over

wow that second half is INTENSE °_°
it's time to wake up

#6 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 17:53

The brilliant final scene to The Thing, where...
Spoiler

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 18:20

Cliché, but nothing like a little Tarantino.

Posted Image

#8 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 18:35

^Ah yes, that scene is just so great :P .

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 23:28

Well, I'd say this is exceptional. Never have I heard a more fitting song for a scene. Ever.

Oh, and this one as well:

Edited by AJ, 14 August 2011 - 23:36.

For there can be no death without life.

#10 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 14 August 2011 - 23:29

I've always thought that this was a great and very fitting intro.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 14 August 2011 - 23:31.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 00:07

I'd go with this scene too:

The humanity expressed on Hanks' face at the end is truly something rare in films.
For there can be no death without life.

#12 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 04:54

You can really hear the anguish in Arnie's voice.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#13 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:26

View PostIon Cannon!, on 14 August 2011 - 23:29, said:

I've always thought that this was a great and very fitting intro.

Ah yes, the LoW intro. The music also fits it fantastically :P .

Also, the ending to Psycho. The voice acting for the
Spoiler

Edited by Chyros, 15 August 2011 - 06:27.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 20:16

View PostChyros, on 14 August 2011 - 18:35, said:

^Ah yes, that scene is just so great :P .

So many great scenes in that, personally, this is one of my favourites:

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#15 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 20:23

Meh, Ledger was a great actor, and he was fucking fantastic in that film. But he wasn't a good Joker, too much psycho and too little humour. The Joker in the comics, even at his darkest, most violent incarnation, had this crazy sense of humour. Nolan's Joker took all the anarchistic psychoticness from "The Killing Joke" and "Arkham Asylum: Serious House on Serious Earth" but forgot to include that essential part of his character.

Anyway, while The Boondocks has alot of hilarious and great scenes. This is the one that won its episode an Emmy.

Yeah, MLK just said the N-word.

Edited by SquigPie, 15 August 2011 - 20:30.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#16 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 15 August 2011 - 21:12

Yes you've said it before, Heath Ledger wasn't the joker from the comics, boo hoo. He put his own spin on the character and for the purposes of the film played the joker extremely well.

Back ontopic, it's a grim dark film, but powerful stuff. This scene in particular.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 21:45

This one goes almost without saying.

View PostBob, on 15 August 2011 - 20:16, said:

So many great scenes in that,
I agree, I could put half the movie in this topic :P .

View PostSquigPie, on 15 August 2011 - 20:23, said:

Meh, Ledger was a great actor, and he was fucking fantastic in that film. But he wasn't a good Joker, too much psycho and too little humour. The Joker in the comics, even at his darkest, most violent incarnation, had this crazy sense of humour. Nolan's Joker took all the anarchistic psychoticness from "The Killing Joke" and "Arkham Asylum: Serious House on Serious Earth" but forgot to include that essential part of his character.
Personally I think Ledger was good enough to redefine The Joker. His acting and the vividity of the Joker's personality that he gives it is fantastic IMO. Btw, you should see the awards he got for his performance, it baffled even me: http://en.wikipedia....ath_ledger#Film

Edited by Chyros, 15 August 2011 - 21:51.

TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 22:25

View PostChyros, on 15 August 2011 - 21:45, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 15 August 2011 - 20:23, said:

Personally I think Ledger was good enough to redefine The Joker. His acting and the vividity of the Joker's personality that he gives it is fantastic IMO. Btw, you should see the awards he got for his performance, it baffled even me: http://en.wikipedia....ath_ledger#Film

Well, you can't really redefine a character like The Joker.

View PostIon Cannon!, on 15 August 2011 - 21:12, said:

Yes you've said it before, Heath Ledger wasn't the joker from the comics, boo hoo. He put his own spin on the character and for the purposes of the film played the joker extremely well.

Back ontopic, it's a grim dark film, but powerful stuff. This scene in particular.

Yeah, sure.

Agree with you on the scene though. Great one.

Edited by SquigPie, 15 August 2011 - 22:26.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#19 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:40

Truly the most cool film moment of all time. The very first scene in which two of the greatest actors of our age meet.

#20 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:15

From Eddie Murphy's brilliant stand-up film Raw:

Back in the days Eddie Murphy used to be funny :(

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users