Nagine Dobby Server

7 replies to this topic

#1 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:25

Hi guys,

In the coming days/hours, FS will be moving to a new server as part of a server upgrade for Nagini (our current server). The new server, Dobby, is a far faster and more capable machine, and thus should result in far less timeouts, server errors, and generally provide a far better experience for you guys.

As a result of this move, FS will at some point in the next few days go down for maintenance whilst the move is carried out. Therefore, if we are down when you try to log on later, you shouldn't be alarmed, and we will be back in the near future. IF we are down, you can check on the status of the transfer process at the Revora twitter here: http://twitter.com/#!/revoranet You can also log on to our IRC channel as usual to have a chat with those of us that will be on there D8

If you'd like some more information on Dobby, you can find that information here: http://forums.revora...te-server-move/

Hopefully, we'll see you folks soon |8

AJ, on behalf of the FS moderating team.
For there can be no death without life.

#2 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5845 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 14:32

All I can say is I hope it makes the forums faster. I have been timing out so much lately that its been a real chore to load the forums as refreshes just take forever to load D8
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 15:56

View PostTheDR, on 14 October 2011 - 14:32, said:

All I can say is I hope it makes the forums faster. I have been timing out so much lately that its been a real chore to load the forums as refreshes just take forever to load D8
I am sure it will do, after the bugs have worked out of the server side software. How long that'll take is anyones guess.

#4 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 14 October 2011 - 16:21

Hmm, that's 2 forums that will be down shortly. Ah well, I hope it helps D8
Posted Image

#5 Phil

• 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 21:16

We'll at least try to make sure they don't go down all at the same time. Actually, that shouldn't happen if things go well because the transfers will be done one by one. It's just the DNS update time that can take an hour extra after the account has been moved - or, of course, if stuff goes wrong. I'll do my best to minimize the downtime though.

Edited by Phil, 14 October 2011 - 21:17.

#6 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 22:44

Ooh, it's Phil himself D8 Well, I wonder how LPTPW's going to be transferred, that huge thing of a thread. |8
Posted Image

#7 Phil

• 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:29

That's just a little bit of text in the database. A piece of cake compared to the countless gigabytes of mod downloads, screenshots and videos we have to transfer D8

#8 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 15 October 2011 - 16:15

That CABAL is a spah!
Good luck with the move mate D8
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users